Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guards DJ Fluker and Justin Pugh

The Giants may let these two walk, or at least shop themselves, in free agency. Seeing as Coughlin may know them well as Giants players, I'm wondering if one or the other just might be headed our way.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fluker is brutal and never played for Coughlin so I doubt he'd come over. Pugh is good but not sure how much we'd be willing to pay.

Fluker is not good and Pugh is likely going to get paid big time. Josh Kline and Brandon Fusco would be my good, youngish, but hopefully under the radar and reasonably priced FA guards to look at.

Pugh would make a lot of sense as he's a LG but has played at RT quite a bit when injuries or other players underperforming needed him to.He's also 27 (28 in August) so definitely a good deal. But he'll probably be really expensive and will likely get a massive deal somewhere like 49ers or Jets or one of those teams with a lot of cap space.

Hard Pass.... Left Tackle should be the priority as Robinson should swing to guard. Robinson is a good tackle, but he might be the best Guard in the league.. he reminds me of Gene Upshaw

(02-07-2018, 11:28 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: Hard Pass.... Left Tackle should be the priority as Robinson should swing to guard. Robinson is a good tackle, but he might be the best Guard in the league.. he reminds me of Gene Upshaw

Easier to plug a hole at guard than it is left tackle. Just creating problems by moving Cam.

Cam is staying put at LT. There's no reason to even consider moving him.
'02

For a team that will be up against the cap pretty tight soon, I’ll have to take a pass on paying an OG in free agency.

(02-07-2018, 11:28 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: Hard Pass.... Left Tackle should be the priority as Robinson should swing to guard. Robinson is a good tackle, but he might be the best Guard in the league.. he reminds me of Gene Upshaw

You don't take a good rookie Left Tackle and move him anywhere. There aren't 32 good Left Tackles in America, if you have one you struck gold.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-08-2018, 07:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

You don't take a good rookie Left Tackle and move him anywhere. There aren't 32 good Left Tackles in America, if you have one you struck gold.

Cam isn’t golden and can be upgraded.

(02-09-2018, 05:07 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 07:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't take a good rookie Left Tackle and move him anywhere. There aren't 32 good Left Tackles in America, if you have one you struck gold.

Rookie. Left. Tackle. He's the least of the concerns of the offensive line. This is just more of the asinine stuff going on in the Trade Fowler thread.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-09-2018, 06:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 05:07 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Cam isn’t golden and can be upgraded.

Rookie. Left. Tackle. He's the least of the concerns of the offensive line. This is just more of the asinine stuff going on in the Trade Fowler thread.

Agreed. 

What is with this fanbase? If it’s a rookie who hasn’t immediately become elite they’re already replaceable (Robinson). If it’s a player who finally came into their own and showed development (Fowler) its time trade and cut bait. Sheesh

(02-09-2018, 05:07 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 07:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't take a good rookie Left Tackle and move him anywhere. There aren't 32 good Left Tackles in America, if you have one you struck gold.

Cam is set to be our starting LT for the next decade. Tell me who we could sign right now that will still be an upgrade say 7 or 8 years from now.

'02

(02-10-2018, 03:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 05:07 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Cam isn’t golden and can be upgraded.

Cam is set to be our starting LT for the next decade. Tell me who we could sign right now that will still be an upgrade say 7 or 8 years from now.

Right now? That’s a dumb question. It isn’t even free agency nor has the draft come yet so there isn’t anybody worth a damn RIGHT NOW.

Point is if there’s a LT available in the draft who is better than Cam, you grab that LT and don’t look twice.

(02-10-2018, 03:18 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 03:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Right now? That’s a dumb question. It isn’t even free agency nor has the draft come yet so there isn’t anybody worth a damn RIGHT NOW.

Point is if there’s a LT available in the draft who is better than Cam, you grab that LT and don’t look twice.

I get nervous when teams grab OTs early because so many turn out to be subpar like Joekel. There's no reason to think Cam won't work out just fine as our starting LT for a long time to come. 
'02

I just realized that Pugh played under Marrone from 2009-2012 at Syracuse and then was drafted by Coughlin.

Our brain trust should know him well.

Apparently, Seattle has no designs on bringing Joekel back....

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/2/3/1696...to-move-on

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(02-13-2018, 04:29 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I just realized that Pugh played under Marrone from 2009-2012 at Syracuse and then was drafted by Coughlin.

It seems like he'd be a natural to come here. This would be an excellent acquisition and solidify a shaky offensive line.

(02-13-2018, 05:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 04:29 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I just realized that Pugh played under Marrone from 2009-2012 at Syracuse and then was drafted by Coughlin.

It seems like he'd be a natural to come here. This would be an excellent acquisition and solidify a shaky offensive line.

I agree. Pugh should fit in great.
'02

Interesting. Didn't know about the Syracuse connection. 

I'm all for anything that will boost the run-blocking up front. 
Fournette will hit more home runs if we give him a few more lanes. 
I'd take a good look at his tape of course - since the giants line was abysmal the past couple of seasons. Even though he consistently grades out well.

He is looking to get paid handsomely and want to stay in NY.  But he says he wants to "win now."