Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

With the current theorizing about potential stand down order given to the deputies, I think Byron's questions are fitting more and more into the "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their NOT out to get you" category.

Somehow not only was this kid allowed free reign of the school but was then allowed to escape and could have posed an inordinate threat to the public at large. This is at best, the worst law enforcement failure in the history of the state...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Weren't officers responding from nearby Coral Springs the first ones to go inside? Guess they didn't get the Stand down memo.

(02-28-2018, 08:44 PM)jj82284 Wrote: With the current theorizing about  potential stand down order given to the deputies, I think Byron's questions are fitting more and more into the "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their NOT out to get you" category.  

Somehow not only was this kid allowed free reign of the school but was then allowed to escape and could have posed an inordinate threat to the public at large.  This is at best, the worst law enforcement failure in the history of the state...

I think Byron's questions are fitting more and more into the "there's a sucker born every minute" category. Sorry to see you assigned to one of those minutes.

How was the kid "allowed" free reign of the school? How was he "allowed" to escape?

Perhaps some people watch too much television, but to expect perfection, always from a distance and after the fact, is really becoming a problem is dealing with the aftermath of such tragedies.

Everyone wants to jump in and make judgement before any analysis can be done. The social media age, I guess.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-01-2018, 01:38 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 08:44 PM)jj82284 Wrote: With the current theorizing about  potential stand down order given to the deputies, I think Byron's questions are fitting more and more into the "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean their NOT out to get you" category.  

Somehow not only was this kid allowed free reign of the school but was then allowed to escape and could have posed an inordinate threat to the public at large.  This is at best, the worst law enforcement failure in the history of the state...

I think Byron's questions are fitting more and more into the "there's a sucker born every minute" category. Sorry to see you assigned to one of those minutes.

How was the kid "allowed" free reign of the school? How was he "allowed" to escape?

Perhaps some people watch too much television, but to expect perfection, always from a distance and after the fact, is really becoming a problem is dealing with the aftermath of such tragedies.

Everyone wants to jump in and make judgement before any analysis can be done. The social media age, I guess.
Holy [BLEEP], I agree wholeheartedly with your statement! In this day and age, we can instantly critique any given situation. Being always connected allows even the most knowledge deficient individual replay events over and over to find the most minute of things they believe are wrong. The failure in this is not knowing the complete details and being personally ingrained in the situation. In my opinion, the media does more to hinder events and proper investigation than any one individual or conspiracy group.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Hmph. We agree, somebody mark the calendar.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 02:20 PM by jj82284.)

I'm not expecting perfection, I'm expecting competence.  

1.) A department of child and family services employee investigated the kid cutting himself on Instagram.  They diagnosed him with autism depression and reported that he planned on purchasing a gun.  Given his history of violent behavior and the blatant self mutilation is a text book representation of being a danger to himself and others.

2.) After the library incident at columbine (and reiterated by law enforcement in Texas this week) it is established that when dealing with an active school shooter you proactively neutralize the target because their only intention is to inflict maximum cadualties.  This includes instances of only a single officer.  So the official story represents a catastrophic failure but now It is being reported that Parkland deputies were given to order to wait for body cameras.

Psychological operations against the American people are now legal, so accept the official story at your own peril. Always ask questions. More than that, beware the official aftermath, the "must do something" reaction. Problem / Reaction / Solution is an old trick. Create the problem, stage-manage the reaction, then introduce the pre-planned "solution". It always involves taking your rights or your money, usually both.

(03-01-2018, 04:35 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Psychological operations against the American people are now legal, so accept the official story at your own peril.  Always ask questions.  More than that, beware the official aftermath, the "must do something" reaction.  Problem / Reaction / Solution is an old trick.  Create the problem, stage-manage the reaction, then introduce the pre-planned "solution".   It always involves taking your rights or your money, usually both.

Who sent you here to say this?

You mean like after every single police shooting of a minority?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

David "attention" Hogg is a member of John Podesta’s Center for American Progress.  The 14-year-old Hogg's first-ever tweet, in March 2015:  "Having fun also means having each other's back.  If you see something, speak up, get help, or intervene. #ItsOnUs"

Because every 14-year-old signs up for Twitter so he can campaign against sexual assault, right?

The picture below is provided for entertainment purposes only:

[Image: YaSqaX]

(03-02-2018, 10:07 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: David "attention" Hogg is a member of John Podesta’s Center for American Progress.  The 14-year-old Hogg's first-ever tweet, in March 2015:  "Having fun also means having each other's back.  If you see something, speak up, get help, or intervene. #ItsOnUs"

Because every 14-year-old signs up for Twitter so he can campaign against sexual assault, right?

Is there any doubt that leftist organizations are marshaling around the Parkland group to exploit them in order to push their agendas?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 01:41 PM by Adam2012.)

(03-01-2018, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 01:38 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: I think Byron's questions are fitting more and more into the "there's a sucker born every minute" category. Sorry to see you assigned to one of those minutes.

Hmph. We agree, somebody mark the calendar.

Surely a sign of the coming apocalypse.

(03-01-2018, 04:35 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Psychological operations against the American people are now legal, so accept the official story at your own peril.  Always ask questions.  More than that, beware the official aftermath, the "must do something" reaction.  Problem / Reaction / Solution is an old trick.  Create the problem, stage-manage the reaction, then introduce the pre-planned "solution".   It always involves taking your rights or your money, usually both.

Or - try to make money off every tragedy, like Alex Jones. Try to play everyone for a sucker.

As said by H.L. Mencken - "No one ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

It is being reported that there was no radio communication during the attack. Radio communication was dead. That would be highly unusual. Police departments have the very best radio communication equipment available. If there was no radio communications during the attack, how did the deputies receive orders to not enter the building without bodycams? And where was Sheriff Israel during this time?

By the way, Scott Israel and the Broward Sheriff's Department also botched the response to the 2017 Ft. Lauderdale Airport massacre that left five dead. Their excuse? Radio communication went dead.

(03-03-2018, 04:20 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Police departments have the very best radio communication equipment available. 

I can confirm this is not true of my department.

(03-03-2018, 10:17 PM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 04:20 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Police departments have the very best radio communication equipment available. 

I can confirm this is not true of my department.

When was the last time nobody's radio worked?

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018, 02:12 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

None of the other stuff worked to disarm law-abiding Americans, so the new narrative is that "we have to listen" to these eloquent, articulate young kids about gun control. As one of them said on Bill Maher's show, "We are the experts on this subject."

Hiding in a closet makes you an expert on gun policy? They must really think the public is stupid. They have not made a single logical argument and they only appear in "protected" environments. I had to laugh when Maher said, "Some of these conspiracy people are actually accusing you of being an actor" and the kid says, "I am an actor. I am appearing in so-and-so production at so-and-so theater, etc." Yet Alex Jones gets banned for claiming they were actors. Too funny.

And the kids themselves have not really thought this through. They want a world where only police are authorized to have weapons. That's exactly what they had in their "gun-free zone" at Parkland high. The armed police stood around and let them get slaughtered.

(03-02-2018, 10:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 10:07 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: David "attention" Hogg is a member of John Podesta’s Center for American Progress.  The 14-year-old Hogg's first-ever tweet, in March 2015:  "Having fun also means having each other's back.  If you see something, speak up, get help, or intervene. #ItsOnUs"

Is there any doubt that leftist organizations are marshaling around the Parkland group to exploit them in order to push their agendas?

Doubt, no.  Denial, plenty.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018, 01:40 AM by Scarecrow.)

(03-04-2018, 01:45 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 10:17 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: I can confirm this is not true of my department.

When was the last time nobody's radio worked?

We have multiple areas where radio reception is broken or nothing at all.

Our radios are outdated and they are trying to get that corrected but it would not be out of the question here.

Maybe other departments are different but the comment that police have the very best communication available is not true in all areas.

(03-05-2018, 01:39 AM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 01:45 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: When was the last time nobody's radio worked?

We have multiple areas where radio reception is broken or nothing at all.

Our radios are outdated and they are trying to get that corrected but it would not be out of the question here.

Maybe other departments are different but the comment that police have the very best communication available is not true in all areas.

Yeah it really isn’t all that uncommon to have specific locations where they don’t work at all. Especially in or around large buildings like it sounds like the school has.

Welp, here's the official stand down order:
Broward County deputies were ordered to form a perimeter. Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows.

Here is the timeline of events as given by the Broward County Sheriffs Dept and a few comments I added:

2:06 pm Uber picks up suspect.

2:19 pm Uber drops off suspect at Stoneman Douglas High School.

2:21:18 pm Suspect enters East stairwell of Building 12 with rifle inside a black, soft rifle case.

2:21:30 pm Suspect exits stairwell with rifle removed from the rifle case.

2:21:33 pm Suspect has rifle ready and begins shooting into four rooms and then returns to two of the rooms.

Suspect then takes West stairwell to 2nd floor and shoots victims in another room.

2:24:39 pm Suspect takes the East stairwell to the 3rd floor.

2:27:37pm Suspect enters 3rd floor stairwell, drops rifle and backpack and runs down the stairs.

2:28:35 pm Suspect exits Building 12 and runs west towards the tennis courts and then heads south.

2:29:51 pm Suspect crosses field and runs west with others who are fleeing the area.

2:50 pm Suspect arrives at the Walmart, enters the store and buys a drink at the Subway (a fast food store), then leaves on foot.

3:01 pm Suspect goes to McDonalds, sits down for a short time, and then leaves on foot.

3:41 pm Suspect is detained by police officers in Coral Springs, FL, where he is positively identified and taken into custody.

Note that there is not time for Cruz to put on any body armor. He fires his first shots only 15 seconds after entering the building with the rifle still cased. Yet the teacher who came face to face with the shooter said she thought he was a cop because of all the protective gear he was wearing. Helmet, goggles and full body armor. Did the teacher lie? Are all the people who reported multiple shooters lying? The girl who was walking out with Cruz while shots were being fired inside, was she lying?