Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replacing ARob

If I were GM, ARob would be re-signed or at least tagged already, however, it's starting to look like Caldwell might let him get away to the Colts.

Should this happen, we're going to need an immediate starting split-end to replace him as WR would immediately become our #1 need by far. I look at how the Titans thought they were getting such a player with Corey Davis, but he practically looked like a bust his rookie season. This isn't exactly the easiest position to fill, and we'd probably be lucky to find a guy so late in round one, but we certainly wouldn't want to wait any longer. Now we very well may find someone else in free agency, but let's presume the plan is to replace ARob in the draft. Who do we get?
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 08:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

There are a number of guys I really like but I would at least wait till the 2nd or 3rd before we adress WR. I would take Will Hernandez and Goedert over any WR in this draft.

Kirk
Sutton
Gallup
Miller
Washington
Ridley

I think all of the those players have the potential to be a number 1 but they are all pretty equal to me and 1 or 2 will fall imo, or to our 2nd pick at least. I cant wait for their 40 times. All their 40 times are kind of a mystery to me compared to past years when you pretty much know what most would run or at least close to it. Im not so sure with this class

They need to keep Robinson, even if franchising him for a year.

Not a good year to be in the WR market

(03-01-2018, 09:21 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Not a good year to be in the WR market

Well you can’t say the team didn’t plan for this. This is the exact reason why we took Westbrook. I feel good about our young guys. Bring in a mid tier vet like a John Brown and draft you a big body developmental kid and go from there.

Steve Ishmael and Cedric Wilson in the later rounds.

(03-01-2018, 09:47 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Steve Ishmael and Cedric Wilson in the later rounds.

Would love Steve Ishmael in the later rounds.

It is not the norm for WRs to be good their rookie year, so I wouldn't call Corey Davis a bust yet.

This class of wide outs looks weak except for Ridley. Hurns can be the possession receiver and Westbrook the deep threat, but would need a big receiver. I'd like to see how they run at the underwear olympics. Caldwell has done a real nice job finding WRs so got to give him that. Hurns (help from Fisch) and Cole as undrafted stars is amazing finds. He got Arob and Lee in the 2nd round. Westbrook in the 4th. Mickens has potential in the slot.

Maybe they'll just resign Lee and go with the group that got them 5 minutes to the superbowl.

If I had to pick a guy, if they can get Kirk in the 2nd and use him in the slot for Blake... that'd be nice. In a weak crop they might have to overdraft him and get him in the 1st, but he doesn't strike me as a first round talent.

(03-01-2018, 11:42 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It is not the norm for WRs to be good their rookie year, so I wouldn't call Corey Davis a bust yet.

This class of wide outs looks weak except for Ridley. Hurns can be the possession receiver and Westbrook the deep threat, but would need a big receiver. I'd like to see how they run at the underwear olympics. Caldwell has done a real nice job finding WRs so got to give him that. Hurns (help from Fisch) and Cole as undrafted stars is amazing finds. He got Arob and Lee in the 2nd round. Westbrook in the 4th. Mickens has potential in the slot.

Maybe they'll just resign Lee and go with the group that got them 5 minutes to the superbowl.

If I had to pick a guy, if they can get Kirk in the 2nd and use him in the slot for Blake... that'd be nice. In a weak crop they might have to overdraft him and get him in the 1st, but he doesn't strike me as a first round talent.

That's just it. We got a bunch of WRs who can play the slot. What we need is a WR who can start outside at split end. 
'02

Equanimeous St. Brown looks like a guy who can handle that split end role. What do we know about where he might go in the draft?
'02

Kirk would do just find on the outside as would Anthony Miller

(03-01-2018, 11:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 11:42 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: It is not the norm for WRs to be good their rookie year, so I wouldn't call Corey Davis a bust yet.

That's just it. We got a bunch of WRs who can play the slot. What we need is a WR who can start outside at split end. 

His point is we didn’t have that last year and did just fine. If you want a big target go get you a TE, which we probably will.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-01-2018, 11:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

That's true. Westbrook is probably the best to play X. He has the quickness to get away from a corner and speed to get down the sideline. Question is, can he beat the press?

(03-01-2018, 11:58 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 11:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: That's just it. We got a bunch of WRs who can play the slot. What we need is a WR who can start outside at split end. 

His point is we didn’t have that last year and did just fine. If you want a big target go get you a TE, which we probably will.

Right on. Top 5 scoring offense. #1 Rushing offense. WR's played fine IMO. TE is probably the biggest need since Jags run so much RPO, but since this is about WR's, Kirk seems like a guy who not only will help on the offense but in special teams too.

Arob is staying

After looking into and listening to Kirk, I see him as a great slot WR who would fit into our depth chart just fine, but I don't see him lining up at split end and replacing ARob. 
'02

(03-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: If I were GM, ARob would be re-signed or at least tagged already, however, it's starting to look like Caldwell might let him get away to the Colts.

Should this happen, we're going to need an immediate starting split-end to replace him as WR would immediately become our #1 need by far. I look at how the Titans thought they were getting such a player with Corey Davis, but he practically looked like a bust his rookie season. This isn't exactly the easiest position to fill, and we'd probably be lucky to find a guy so late in round one, but we certainly wouldn't want to wait any longer. Now we very well may find someone else in free agency, but let's presume the plan is to replace ARob in the draft. Who do we get?

You have to retain Marquis Lee and use him as a vertical threat. If you can nail down drafting D. J. Chark, you have TWO outside WR deep threats. Draft either Jaylen Samuels or Kalen Ballage as your robo-back either is a solid check-down target with Ballage having 4.46 speed.

(03-03-2018, 08:24 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: If I were GM, ARob would be re-signed or at least tagged already, however, it's starting to look like Caldwell might let him get away to the Colts.

You have to retain Marquis Lee and use him as a vertical threat. If you can nail down drafting D. J. Chark, you have TWO outside WR deep threats. Draft either Jaylen Samuels or Kalen Ballage as your robo-back either is a solid check-down target with Ballage having 4.46 speed.

Since when has Lee ever been a vertical threat?  H8s 4 years here I don't remember him being a vertical threat

(03-03-2018, 08:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 08:24 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: You have to retain Marquis Lee and use him as a vertical threat. If you can nail down drafting D. J. Chark, you have TWO outside WR deep threats. Draft either Jaylen Samuels or Kalen Ballage as your robo-back either is a solid check-down target with Ballage having 4.46 speed.

Since when has Lee ever been a vertical threat?  H8s 4 years here I don't remember him being a vertical threat

At his best Lee replaces Bryan Walters.
'02

Franchise tag him and bring back all the Jag receivers,  because the other free agents are garbage and this receiving draft class is terrible.