Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(03-05-2018, 08:56 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Johnny O says he gone

Yay for more 8 man boxes.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018, 10:34 PM by knarnn.)

Cap numbers have been set officially at 177.2 million. Cap space not looking as nice as once thought. Which is why we won’t tag ARob.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...3246317568
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018, 11:22 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Hey it is what it is. He wants big bank. He was proly offered 12-13 AAV and was looking for 15-16. It ain’t worth that but happy he’s getting his money.

He probably ticked off Coughlin if he’s not back

A couple of questions about the other FAs.

What happens to Poz?

If ARob leaves, should we re-sign Lee?

Still would like to think we have a shot at re-signing Colvin.

As for A-Rob leaving, I'm over it. This is supposed to be a good draft for WRs, so let's draft one. We have to look down the road. I'd like to keep Fowler beyond next year, and Ramsey, Jack and Ngakoue after that.

I just posted a tweet that he signed the franchise tag, but someone pointed out it's a fake Twitter account. I should've known since I couldn't find any other sources on it.

(03-05-2018, 10:30 PM)knarnn Wrote: Cap numbers have been set officially at 177.2 million. Cap space not looking as nice as once thought. Which is why we won’t tag ARob.

What was it thought to be?  The information I saw said it would be in that range.  There was speculation it could push over 178 though.

Upon further inspection the 10.2 million dollar increase from 2016 is about 1.8 million less than the previous years increase.

(03-06-2018, 12:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/3/17...mbine-2018

Gunshy on OSU Wideouts.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Long-term fan, but I hardly post here. To me, this seems like 1 step forward, 10 steps back. Jags clearly lacked a legit threat on offense and caught teams by surprise with a few unknowns. Personally, I would rather have A Rob at 16 million vs. Lee at 7 million and Hurns at 7 million. I know most likely A Rob will have a down season coming back from an ACL, but both Lee and Hurns instill zero confidence and if that's going to be our 1 and 2, then I think this team takes a step back. I also don't know much about the rookies, but I don't know many that come in a make an impact their first year. So unless we draft Julio, I don't know how much confidence we can have in the receiving corp?

Just my Canadian two cents, currently worth only $0.015 USD.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 08:17 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-06-2018, 08:04 AM)Pick 6 Wrote: Long-term fan, but I hardly post here. To me, this seems like 1 step forward, 10 steps back. Jags clearly lacked a legit threat on offense and caught teams by surprise with a few unknowns. Personally, I would rather have A Rob at 16 million vs. Lee at 7 million and Hurns at 7 million. I know most likely A Rob will have a down season coming back from an ACL, but both Lee and Hurns instill zero confidence and if that's going to be our 1 and 2, then I think this team takes a step back. I also don't know much about the rookies, but I don't know many that come in a make an impact their first year. So unless we draft Julio, I don't know how much confidence we can have in the receiving corp?

Just my Canadian two cents, currently worth only $0.015 USD.

I understand what you're saying.  To me, the question is, is there a better way to spend our money than to spend $16 million on a "good" WR coming off an ACL injury?   I think so.  $16 million is enough to sign 2 real good players, such as an offensive lineman and a tight end. 

I like AR a lot, but I just can't quite come to terms with the cost of franchise tagging him.

Additionally, your point about rookies not reaching their potential in year one is a very good point.  But since that is true, would it not be fair to say that the various rookies we played at WR last year could make a great improvement this offseason, which might alleviate our perceived needs at WR?

We should all be excited that the FO is letting AR walk. It's a sign they know what they are doing. AR has somehow been built into some mythical WR by our fan base but has had one good year. I'm sure AR will be a great receiver for another team, but he isn't worth 15+

(03-06-2018, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We should all be excited that the FO is letting AR walk. It's a sign they know what they are doing. AR has somehow been built into some mythical WR by our fan base but has had one good year. I'm sure AR will be a great receiver for another team, but he isn't worth 15+
What's going to be hilarious is when WR is a major need next year.....

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 09:52 AM by Etdavis2006.)

To be fair, receiver was a need this past season due to him getting hurt. The guy has an injury history. He wants big bucks. This is the team being smart. It’s not a guarantee this guy will be the same or that his good season two years ago was anything more than a fluke. He knows that and proly wants all he can get right now. He lost his leverage with the team and free agency is where he will cash in.

(03-05-2018, 07:01 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 06:51 PM)Andy G Wrote: Cole had 748 yards and 3TDs in 16 games.

That’s some way short.

Westbrook got 339 and 1TD in seven games. At that rate he wouldn’t come close either.

Of course both could improve in year two (and you’d hope they would) but I wouldn’t be confident of either hitting the 1000-10 target.

But maybe no Jags receiver will hit that target, with more emphasis on the running game...
Cole was active for 16 games but only had six starts. He had 83 targets. By comparison, ARob had 548 yards on 81 targets in his rookie year.

A fair point, but then I don’t think any of us would have looked at ARobs 2014 numbers and expected him to have the season he did in 2015.

Cole could have a similar rise.

But I don’t expect him to.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 10:29 AM by jagforlife85.)

(03-05-2018, 10:30 PM)knarnn Wrote: Cap numbers have been set officially at 177.2 million. Cap space not looking as nice as once thought. Which is why we won’t tag ARob.

This doesn't account for the $27-$30M they can roll over from last year. They have about $47-$53M in actual cap space. with the roll over.

(03-06-2018, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We should all be excited that the FO is letting AR walk. It's a sign they know what they are doing. AR has somehow been built into some mythical WR by our fan base but has had one good year. I'm sure AR will be a great receiver for another team, but he isn't worth 15+

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  There are a bunch of talents who should be available in the 2nd round who match him at least, and now we can use the money to fill a need in FA.

(03-06-2018, 10:40 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  There are a bunch of talents who should be available in the 2nd round who match him at least, and now we can use the money to fill a need in FA.
Are you serious? Who is a guaranteed match?

Not a single player in this draft is a guaranteed match to ARobs talent. The dude is 24 years old and already has an all-pro season.

(03-06-2018, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:40 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I agree wholeheartedly with this.  There are a bunch of talents who should be available in the 2nd round who match him at least, and now we can use the money to fill a need in FA.
Are you serious? Who is a guaranteed match?

Not a single player in this draft is a guaranteed match to ARobs talent. The dude is 24 years old and already has an all-pro season.

The problem here is, people seem to want to keep AR15 based on potential and not necessarily what he has done. I am not a believer in franchising someone based on age and potential.

(03-06-2018, 11:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 11:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you serious? Who is a guaranteed match?

The problem here is, people seem to want to keep AR15 based on potential and not necessarily what he has done. I am not a believer in franchising someone based on age and potential.
I would like to keep him with a long term contract so I'm hoping they work something out.

ARob is already an established WR and he still has potential considering he's 24. He's 3 months older than Westbrook. There is no one in the draft who is going to match what ARob would bring to this team. You can hope but we all know the draft is a crap shoot. Going into next season with Hurns, Westbrook, Cole and a rookie would be a bad idea, IMO.