Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we are looking at mid-round WRs...

Who do you like at WR in the mid to late rounds? (Assuming we look at any)

I like the sound of this guy..

(Words by Matt Miller)

Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

One of the best punt returners in college football history, Pettis is also a good receiver prospect with a solid Day 2 grade. In a wide receiver class dominated by Calvin Ridley (Alabama) but with no one yet emerging as the No. 2 in the group, Pettis could stand to make money with an impressive week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I want a big, tall athletic WR to replace ARob. Pretty much the same type of receiver he was when we drafted him. Guys like D.J. Chark, Simmie Cobbs Jr., Marcell Ateman, Allen Lazard, Tre'Quan Smith Jake Wienke and Javon Wims are guys I would target in that 4th round on.

(02-28-2018, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I want a big, tall athletic WR to replace ARob. Pretty much the same type of receiver he was when we drafted him. Guys like D.J. Chark, Simmie Cobbs Jr., Marcell Ateman, Allen Lazard, Tre'Quan Smith Jake Wienke and Javon Wims are guys I would target in that 4th round on.

Equanimeous St. Brown fits the bill and would be a great developmental project. He could rise in the draft after combine. I’ve seen projections ranging from late 3rd to 7th.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-28-2018, 05:04 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 04:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I want a big, tall athletic WR to replace ARob. Pretty much the same type of receiver he was when we drafted him. Guys like D.J. Chark, Simmie Cobbs Jr., Marcell Ateman, Allen Lazard, Tre'Quan Smith Jake Wienke and Javon Wims are guys I would target in that 4th round on.

Equanimeous St. Brown fits the bill and would be a great developmental project. He could rise in the draft after combine. I’ve seen projections ranging from late 3rd to 7th.

I have him going in the 3rd and I wouldn't draft a WR that early. I believe the Cardinals may be looking at him as a replacement for Larry Fitzgerald. If he falls to the 4th, I'd consider him.

(02-28-2018, 05:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 05:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: Equanimeous St. Brown fits the bill and would be a great developmental project. He could rise in the draft after combine. I’ve seen projections ranging from late 3rd to 7th.

I have him going in the 3rd and I wouldn't draft a WR that early. I believe the Cardinals may be looking at him as a replacement for Larry Fitzgerald. If he falls to the 4th, I'd consider him.

Matt Miller of Bleacher Report has him in the 7th and a few USA Today and CBS writers have him going in the 3rd-5th. Just shows how great the disparity is on the kid. He’s probably should’ve went back to school this year and catches with his body more than I like but he has the traits you want to see from a developmental WR. I have a feeling he’ll blow up the combine though and will get over drafted.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Love me some Pettis. Will be gone in the 2nd though.

I doubt we draft a WR this year considering how well stocked we are.

A mid-round WR assumes we re-sign ARob otherwise we may be looking first round, but I assume we do.

So, looking at our likely WRs we have...

1. ARob
  2. Hurns (with Blake extended he's staying)
  3. Dede
  4. Cole
  5. Mickens
I don't think they'll go with a 6th, so we're probably looking at replacing Mickens if anyone. That said, to replace Mickens we'd need someone even better on Punt Returns, and that might not be all that easy to find since Mickens is pretty darn good.
'02

(02-28-2018, 05:31 PM)Jags02 Wrote: A mid-round WR assumes we re-sign ARob otherwise we may be looking first round, but I assume we do.

1. ARob
  3. Dede
  4. Cole
  5. Mickens
I don't think they'll go with a 6th, so we're probably looking at replacing Mickens if anyone. That said, to replace Mickens we'd need someone even better on Punt Returns, and that might not be all that easy to find since Mickens is pretty darn good.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanohalloran...8693472256

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 05:35 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-28-2018, 05:16 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 05:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have him going in the 3rd and I wouldn't draft a WR that early. I believe the Cardinals may be looking at him as a replacement for Larry Fitzgerald. If he falls to the 4th, I'd consider him.

Matt Miller of Bleacher Report has him in the 7th and a few USA Today and CBS writers have him going in the 3rd-5th. Just shows how great the disparity is on the kid. He’s probably should’ve went back to school this year and catches with his body more than I like but he has the traits you want to see from a developmental WR. I have a feeling he’ll blow up the combine though and will get over drafted.

Agreed. His rankings are all over the place. I'm not super impressed by him to be honest. There are other guys I like a lot more. His ultimate draft range may come down to his 40 time.

(02-28-2018, 05:31 PM)Jags02 Wrote: A mid-round WR assumes we re-sign ARob otherwise we may be looking first round, but I assume we do.

1. ARob
  3. Dede
  4. Cole
  5. Mickens

i don't think so. I'm assuming we don't re-sign ARob and I still wouldn't draft a WR until round 4. I'm satisfied with Hurns, Cole and Westbrook for now.

Very interesting story on Real Sports (HBO) last week. His dad is an ex-Mr. Universe who picked his wife partly because of her athletic build. They basically raised all 3 of their boys to be football players. They started lifting weights as young kids, drank healthy protein drinks, etc. While dad handled the athletics, mom was just as "obsessed" with developing their intellectual side. All the boys are top students. His one sibling attends Stanford and the other just committed to another school (possibly USC). Dad plans on marketing the boys like Alonzo Ball's dad.
I'm not sure what his ceiling is as a receiver in the NFL, but it was an interesting story.

I want the kid from Memphis, but there is no way he falls to the 3rd where I would be comfortable drafting him.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(02-28-2018, 10:37 PM)realtorpat Wrote: I want the kid from Memphis, but there is no way he falls to the 3rd where I would be comfortable drafting him.

I'd say the 3rd round is about right for him.

(02-28-2018, 08:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 05:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: Equanimeous St. Brown fits the bill and would be a great developmental project. He could rise in the draft after combine. I’ve seen projections ranging from late 3rd to 7th.

Very interesting story on Real Sports (HBO) last week. His dad is an ex-Mr. Universe who picked his wife partly because of her athletic build. They basically raised all 3 of their boys to be football players. They started lifting weights as young kids, drank healthy protein drinks, etc. While dad handled the athletics, mom was just as "obsessed" with developing their intellectual side. All the boys are top students. His one sibling attends Stanford and the other just committed to another school (possibly USC). Dad plans on marketing the boys like Alonzo Ball's dad.
I'm not sure what his ceiling is as a receiver in the NFL, but it was an interesting story.

O.k., he's off my list now. We don't need that kind of distraction.

Watch some video of him. I was interested in him as he had been carrying a first round grade on first-pick.com draft simulator. Watching video changed that. About as impressive as FSU WR, Auden Tate. (Not very)

Try to view Michael Gallup of Colorado State. He looks like he's got it together. I like D. J. Chark. You can catch LSU WR drills on You Tube. I love Tony Miller of Memphis.

Someone will probably correct me, but this seems like a good draft to get a solid WR2 and there could be a few still around on day three, but it could be hard to find us a WR1 to replace ARob.

Players like Gallup, Chark, Moore and Pettis might all have potential, but will they stand out above Westbrook and Cole?

Unless... Can Callaway be tamed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-08-2018, 06:02 PM)Andy G Wrote: Someone will probably correct me, but this seems like a good draft to get a solid WR2 and there could be a few still around on day three, but it could be hard to find us a WR1 to replace ARob.

Players like Gallup, Chark, Moore and Pettis might all have potential, but will they stand out above Westbrook and Cole?

The thing is, virtually all of our WRs are fine #2 WRs. Adding another doesn't really get us anywhere.
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 10:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Steve Ishmael is my top mid to late round guy.

(03-08-2018, 06:02 PM)Andy G Wrote: Someone will probably correct me, but this seems like a good draft to get a solid WR2 and there could be a few still around on day three, but it could be hard to find us a WR1 to replace ARob.

If thats what they really want to do. I think we take Courtland Sutton if he is there. I just dont think we take a WR in the first 2 rounds.  I think we can get a WR in the 3rd that we will have a 2nd round grade on.

(03-08-2018, 10:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Steve Ishmael is my top mid to late round guy.

If thats what they really want to do. I think we take Courtland Sutton if he is there. I just dont think we take a WR in the first 2 rounds.  I think we can get a WR in the 3rd that we will have a 2nd round grade on.

I agree we totally should take Sutton if he's actually there. He's definitely one of my top options along with Wynn, Goedert, Hurst and Leighton Vander Esch.

For the record, I was down a bit on Goedert previously but after seeing his stats he's now on top of my TE list. Andrews would be third just ahead of Gesicki. I have Andrews third as opposed to first largely because I worry about his medical condition playing in Jacksonville.

'02

(03-08-2018, 10:19 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

The thing is, virtually all of our WRs are fine #2 WRs. Adding another doesn't really get us anywhere.

Yep, that was my point really - I’m questioning whether any of those players I mentioned would stand out above Cole and Westbrook.

Good draft to be picking a WR2. Maybe not the best for us to find ARob’s replacement.

(03-09-2018, 03:50 AM)Andy G Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 10:19 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The thing is, virtually all of our WRs are fine #2 WRs. Adding another doesn't really get us anywhere.

Yep, that was my point really - I’m questioning whether any of those players I mentioned would stand out above Cole and Westbrook.

Good draft to be picking a WR2. Maybe not the best for us to find ARob’s replacement.

I think Courtland Sutton and a couple others would stand out above Westbrook. You'd probably have to get his replacement in round one or else get really lucky in round two.
'02