Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 08:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-06-2018, 08:35 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Blake isn't late with the ball Westbrook catches that.  It was well behind.
If I remember the play correctly, Blake is avoiding the rush, buying time, and allowing that route to even have a chance.  But blame it on Blake lol.

Yep, Cam got beat bad by Harrison and caused the pressure as soon as the ball was snapped. The play right before Cam got beat bad by Harrison where he forced a fumble.  Cam had a horrible game against Harrison

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-06-2018, 05:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 05:07 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I thought we are supposed to get better on offense

Can the Jags not get better on offense without A-Rob?  Yes

What if they sign (or draft) a stud guard, draft Hurst or Goedert at TE and draft a jump-ball receiver prior to round 4?  Hernandez, Hurst, Auden Tate

Couldn't they get better on offense that way too? Yes

Especially if they double down... snagging an OG in free agency (Norwell/Pugh?) and Trey Burton.
WR corp of Tate, Cole, Westbrook, Hurns, Mickens
TE group of Lewis, Burton, and Hurst.
OL of Robinson, Omameh (or Pugh or Nowell), Linder, Hernandez, Parnell
RB group of Fournette, Yeldon, Grant, Tommy B.

I would have high hopes of improved offensive production.

Life goes on. WRs are a dime a dozen.

(03-08-2018, 02:08 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Life goes on. WRs are a dime a dozen.

And studs can be found in any round and in UDFA.

I want AR15 here.
I think the Jaguars are better with him for sure.

But if we're being roster smart, with big contracts coming up for Ramsey/Yannick/Jack and possibly others... can't bring AR back at much more than 11-12 per year. He wants (and probably deserves) more and he'll get it.
Mickens and Cole and Westbrook played well in spots last year they'll likely get a little better in year 2.
Hurns if he restructures is a very reliable (when on the field) receiver.

I don't think losing AR in free agency is really gonna put this team or more specifically the offense in a bind. They did play the entire season without him. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
And there's a couple nice WR 50/50 ball types that can be had in this draft rounds 2-5

Beat me to it.

Just like this year without him... we move on and don't skip a beat.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

One of the most valuable positions in the league is dime a dozen? Very interesting.

Yea.... Then how come it took the Jags forever to find good WRs after Jimmy left?

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 04:57 PM by knarnn.)

Y
(03-08-2018, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Yea.... Then how come it took the Jags forever to find good WRs after Jimmy left?

Incompetently in the front office.

Using your example, remind me what round did Coughlin draft Jimmy again? How about McCardell? He didn’t. He found them from the free agent scrap heap.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-08-2018, 04:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: Y
(03-08-2018, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea.... Then how come it took the Jags forever to find good WRs after Jimmy left?

Using your example, remind me what round did Coughlin draft Jimmy again? How about McCardell? He didn’t. He found them from the free agent scrap heap.
If very good receivers were easy to find their positional value would be much lower.

(03-08-2018, 04:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea.... Then how come it took the Jags forever to find good WRs after Jimmy left?

So Coughlin did it once now it’s easy to do? WRs are not a dime a dozen.

While I do agree with this he was the coach when the Giants took Beckham Jr and I'm sure he had input on that.  I don't think we will but if we do take a WR in the first I think Christian Kirk will be the guy as some compare him to ODB

That's been one of the worst comps all draft season. Very different players.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 05:42 PM by knarnn.)

(03-08-2018, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

While I do agree with this he was the coach when the Giants took Beckham Jr and I'm sure he had input on that.  I don't think we will but if we do take a WR in the first I think Christian Kirk will be the guy as some compare him to ODB

Wasn’t he the coach who got Victor Cruz as well? We’re in good hands between Coughlin’s eye for WR talent and Caldwell’s prowess in the middle rounds/UDFA.

(03-08-2018, 05:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

So Coughlin did it once now it’s easy to do? WRs are not a dime a dozen.

Caldwell’s done it twice in UDFA.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-04-2018, 10:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: RosterWatch also said they expect AROb to get 10-12M a year with 25M guaranteed.

I’m going to be pretty upset if that’s all it takes to sign him and we let him go.

If that's all it would take, then you have to think the team probably offered something like that already. I think his agent is telling him he command a bit more in free agency.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 06:26 PM by pirkster.)

(03-08-2018, 05:46 PM)FBT Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 10:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: RosterWatch also said they expect AROb to get 10-12M a year with 25M guaranteed.

I’m going to be pretty upset if that’s all it takes to sign him and we let him go.

If that's all it would take, then you have to think the team probably offered something like that already. I think his agent is telling him he command a bit more in free agency.

It's still entirely possible that he hits the market, and he ends up finding out the grass really isn't greener.

He's coming off injury.

It's still very much possible that he could return at the club's figure.  It all depends on if someone falls in love, and that they do their due diligence on the recovery process.

The Jaguars already know more than anyone, and already have their number.

(03-08-2018, 05:41 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 05:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: While I do agree with this he was the coach when the Giants took Beckham Jr and I'm sure he had input on that.  I don't think we will but if we do take a WR in the first I think Christian Kirk will be the guy as some compare him to ODB

Wasn’t he the coach who got Victor Cruz as well? We’re in good hands between Coughlin’s eye for WR talent and Caldwell’s prowess in the middle rounds/UDFA.

(03-08-2018, 05:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So Coughlin did it once now it’s easy to do? WRs are not a dime a dozen.

Caldwell’s done it twice in UDFA.

Caldwell is very good at drafting WRs.  Julio Jones, ARob... Lee and Westbrook were good values.  The entire corps stepped up and allowed us not to miss a beat this season when ARob went down.

I have complete confidence we can move on and upward at WR if that's how the chips fall.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I do agree that Coughlin and Caldwell's ability with WRs should not be taken for granted. The track record is there and it isn't by fluke.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 06:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-08-2018, 05:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's been one of the worst comps all draft season. Very different players.

Not that much different at all.  Both smaller compacted guys that can take any pass to the house at anytime.  Both have sticky hands, great route runners, excellent speed, can make the highlight catches.  Kirk is much stonger than ODB, Beckham is a little more athletcic, and speed about the same. He looks a lot like him imo.  You are in the minority saying worst comparison and very different players.

Look at the comments, not sure how you are one of the only ones that dont see it. What are so different between the 2 that make them very different players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Dqo0ZH7pM&t=119s

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-e...-115389873

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018CKirk.php

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/01/22/dall...tian-kirk/

(03-08-2018, 06:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 05:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's been one of the worst comps all draft season. Very different players.

Not that much different at all.  Both smaller compacted guys that can take any pass to the house at anytime.  Both have sticky hands, great route runners, excellent speed, can make the highlight catches.  Kirk is much stonger than ODB, Beckham is a little more athletcic, and speed about the same. He looks a lot like him imo.  You are in the minority saying worst comparison and very different players.

Look at the comments, not sure how you are one of the only ones that dont see it. What are so different between the 2 that make them very different players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Dqo0ZH7pM&t=119s

I love the way you included highlights, a 247 link , a fansided link and a walterfootball link as evidence.     

Well for one Kirk is not that good of an athlete at all and tested very poorly. Beckham on the other hand tested amazingly, particularly in agility.  Now I don't think Kirk is quite as bad as his testing indicated but he's not in ODB's realm athletically.  Kirk is relatively fast in a straight line but thats it. To put this into perspective , Kirk had a 20 yard shuttle time of 4.45 (5th percentile for WRs), Bortles had a shuttle time of 4.21. ODB had a time of 3.94  (96th percentile for WRs). 

As a WR Kirk will be confined to a slot role with his size and inability to get off press at the point of attack. ODB on the other hand played outside much more in college and was able to be effective vs press and used an array of moves to beat his man at the line. Projected much better in the NFL at an outside role.  He's now one of the most effective press beaters in the entire league. Kirk struggles massively with this. 

ODB's big strength for a guy so agile is his ability to go up for contested catchs. He's able to get clean breaks off his route but if he's still being covered he's great at going up in the air and getting it. This is another area where Kirk struggles with. Its not a skillset thats expected of a smaller slot guy but its a noteworthy difference between ODB and Kirk.   

They are lazily comped together by some because they were a similar size and both were kick returners.  A much more accurate comp for Kirk is Danny Amendola. Strictly slot guys who are below average athletically but are smart route runners and great at sinking into zone. Very talented at making adjustments to their QB.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 07:44 PM by Upper.)

Position … Tag Salary
QB … $23,189,000
RB … $11,866,000
WR …$15,982,000
TE … $9,846,000
OL …$14,077,000
DE … $17,143,000
DT … $13,939,000
LB … $14,961,000
CB … $14,975,000
S … $11,287,000
K/P … $4,939,000

Those are the tag numbers. The NFL says that WR is the third most important in the game. Dime a dozen...stop living in the past.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 07:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-08-2018, 07:25 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 06:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not that much different at all.  Both smaller compacted guys that can take any pass to the house at anytime.  Both have sticky hands, great route runners, excellent speed, can make the highlight catches.  Kirk is much stonger than ODB, Beckham is a little more athletcic, and speed about the same. He looks a lot like him imo.  You are in the minority saying worst comparison and very different players.

I love the way you included highlights, a 247 link , a fansided link and a walterfootball link as evidence.     

Well for one Kirk is not that good of an athlete at all and tested very poorly. Beckham on the other hand tested amazingly, particularly in agility.  Now I don't think Kirk is quite as bad as his testing indicated but he's not in ODB's realm athletically.  Kirk is relatively fast in a straight line but thats it. To put this into perspective , Kirk had a 20 yard shuttle time of 4.45 (5th percentile for WRs), Bortles had a shuttle time of 4.21. ODB had a time of 3.94  (96th percentile for WRs). 

As a WR Kirk will be confined to a slot role with his size and inability to get off press at the point of attack. ODB on the other hand played outside much more in college and was able to be effective vs press and used an array of moves to beat his man at the line. Projected much better in the NFL at an outside role.  He's now one of the most effective press beaters in the entire league. Kirk struggles massively with this. 

ODB's big strength for a guy so agile is his ability to go up for contested catchs. He's able to get clean breaks off his route but if he's still being covered he's great at going up in the air and getting it. This is another area where Kirk struggles with. Its not a skillset thats expected of a smaller slot guy but its a noteworthy difference between ODB and Kirk.   

They are lazily comped together by some because they were a similar size and both were kick returners.  A much more accurate comp for Kirk is Danny Amendola. Strictly slot guys who are below average athletically but are smart route runners and great at sinking into zone. Very talented at making adjustments to their QB.

Says a Jags fan on the jags message board thats in the minority big time. I have seen a number of people say this and just watch the guy play, looks a lot like ODB out there. I dont see the the inability to get off press at the point of attack like you mention and to say he is relatively fast in a straight line but thats it is a joke.  Not to mention the after the catch ability is rediculous. Odell can jump higher and a little more athletic  but thats about it as prospects. Kirk is also much stronger than Odell which will help in the pros. 

Here is something other than highlights, a 247 link, a fansided link, and a Walterfootball link.  Start at 1:10

https://youtu.be/E1n1A73NiGQ?t=1m10s