Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(03-09-2018, 06:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 05:59 PM)JNev Wrote: CC @JackCity

Only 4 of the Top 16 highest paid WRs last year were on teams that made the playoffs. AB84, Julio, Alshon, and Tavon Austin. Three of those guys were one and done in the playoffs. So of the top 16 highest paid WRs, only ONE of them won even ONE playoff game. Talk about high impact!

And only 3 of the top 15 paid oline did. And only 1 of the top 8 paid QBs did. And only 3 of the top 10 DL (2 of them being us). Moral of the story: don't pay anyone.

This line of thinking only makes sense when you correlate salary to impact lol

No one is saying that but you two lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-09-2018, 06:07 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 06:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hey JNev:

How many of these guys made the playoffs? I guess they have no impact right?

And one of the ones that did just got shipped out of town for a 5th rounder.

Pass rusbers are dime a dozen. You can find them anywhere..almost none of them made the playoffs!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:09 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Clearly with all this information we can now see how salary doesn’t not predicate impact and importance. There is much more to it. That was my whole point.

It’s been real fellas

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:10 PM by JNev.)

I think the general point seems to be don't give insanely massive contracts unless absolutely necessary. ARob's would be far from necessary. Also, you're just discrediting other positions from how they provide value without saying how you assess team value of one player outside of salary, which clearly is pretty worthless given it's correlation to winning

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:16 PM by JackCity.)

(03-09-2018, 06:09 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Clearly with all this information we can now see how salary doesn’t not predicate impact and importance. There is much more to it. That was my whole point.

It’s been real fellas
But you already agreed that pass rushers were top 3 most valuable position in the NFL? 
Make up your mind EtDavis.

Maybe, just maybe. Players can get paid a lot of money playing a very important position AND not be able to single handedly win their team games. Unless you are a QB of course.

(03-09-2018, 06:09 PM)JNev Wrote: I think the general point seems to be don't give insanely massive contracts unless absolutely necessary. ARob's would be far from necessary. Also, you're just discrediting other positions from how they provide value without saying how you assess team value of one player outside of salary, which clearly is pretty worthless given it's correlation to winning

You tried prove a point about the WRs and it backfired quite badly.

You guys need to make up your mind. Do you think pass rushers are valuable or not?

You've already tried prove WRs are not valuable because they don't win games. Those pass rushers weren't able to either. Does that make them not valuable to the NFL?

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:43 PM by Etdavis2006.)

This is getting comical. Just because you have a witty comeback doesn’t make your arguement any more valid. Now we are discussing pass rushers lol. You were just talking about Joe Thomas 5 posts ago lol

Changing your argument doesn’t change mine. Salary doesn’t dictate importance. I never said important players don’t get paid lol. I would never make an outrageous statement like that.

And soon as you tell me who the highest paid edge rusher is and tell me who the highest paid wideout is and what rounds they were taken then we can talk lol. But that doesn’t even matter in the context of this arguement.

So I guess the arguement has changed to are wrs more important that pass rushers lol.

This is getting ridiculous

(03-09-2018, 06:44 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: So I guess the arguement has changed to are wrs more important that pass rushers lol.

It means WRs are not a dime a dozen unless every position is also a dime a dozen. Maybe just leave it at that.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 06:53 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(03-09-2018, 06:49 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 06:44 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: So I guess the arguement has changed to are wrs more important that pass rushers lol.

It means WRs are not a dime a dozen unless every position is also a dime a dozen. Maybe just leave it at that.

Again those word never came from me. My initial arguement is salary does not dictate importance or impact. How many times do I have to say that. Y’all keep changing the arguement. Are you both the same poster lol

I guess qbs are a dime a dozen too. See how silly that sounds lol

(03-09-2018, 06:52 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 06:49 PM)Upper Wrote: It means WRs are not a dime a dozen unless every position is also a dime a dozen. Maybe just leave it at that.

Again those word never came from me. My initial arguement is salary does not dictate importance or impact. How many times do I have to say that. Y’all keep changing the arguement. Are you both the same poster lol

I guess qbs are a dime a dozen too. See how silly that sounds lol

Several people started it with dime a dozen. We responded to that and then you jumped in with your obfuscation.

Not sure I'm following the comparison.

We add Pro Bowl caliber DL in free agency, and we go from the basement to the playoffs.

While at the same time losing a Pro Bowl caliber WR and playing with rookies/inexperienced WRs in his place.

Losing ARob didn't hurt a bit. The additions on defense (and Fournette) made all the difference.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-09-2018, 07:01 PM)pirkster Wrote: Not sure I'm following the comparison.

We add Pro Bowl caliber DL in free agency, and we go from the basement to the playoffs.

While at the same time losing a Pro Bowl caliber WR and playing with rookies/inexperienced WRs in his place.

Losing ARob didn't hurt a bit. The additions on defense (and Fournette) made all the difference.

It's so much more than just that. We were horribly bad in one score traditionally coin flip games in 2016. Even before we got Campbell, Bouye, and the others we were predicted to gain several more wins just by that regression. Then we got those guys, and added a super easy schedule, and ridiculous injury luck, and a division that fell apart. And not having Gus Bradley the whole time. And I'm sure a hundred other factors.

What happens? Pretty much same thing that happened last year probably. Except that the two rookies will be one year stronger, faster and wiser.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Lol how did I miss that easy example

Losing ARob didn't hurt a bit.  The additions on defense (and Fournette) made all the difference.
Eagles should just cut Wentz. Won the SB without him. Didn’t hurt one bit.

Some are acting like the Jags are cutting dude. They offered, he declined. Simple as that.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-09-2018, 06:39 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: This is getting comical. Just because you have a witty comeback doesn’t make your arguement any more valid. Now we are discussing pass rushers lol. You were just talking about Joe Thomas 5 posts ago lol

Changing your argument doesn’t change mine. Salary doesn’t dictate importance. I never said important players don’t get paid lol. I would never make an outrageous statement like that.

And soon as you tell me who the highest paid edge rusher is and tell me who the highest paid wideout is and what rounds they were taken then we can talk lol. But that doesn’t even matter in the context of this arguement.

I'm not sure you even know what you are arguing for or against anymore.  

How do you determine how an NFL team values a position if you don't take into account how much they pay them?  

If you want to use Brown (a huge outlier) as evidence of something you can go right ahead. I'm all ears.

Coughlin was asked if the door was shut on A Rob. His response "No, we are battling every day but it takes 2 to tango".

https://blackandteal.com/2018/03/09/jack...-robinson/

(03-09-2018, 07:06 PM)Upper Wrote:

Losing ARob didn't hurt a bit.  The additions on defense (and Fournette) made all the difference.

It's so much more than just that. We were horribly bad in one score traditionally coin flip games in 2016. Even before we got Campbell, Bouye, and the others we were predicted to gain several more wins just by that regression. Then we got those guys, and added a super easy schedule, and ridiculous injury luck, and a division that fell apart. And not having Gus Bradley the whole time. And I'm sure a hundred other factors.

Man.  You are just an expert on everything.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-10-2018, 07:49 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 07:06 PM)Upper Wrote: It's so much more than just that. We were horribly bad in one score traditionally coin flip games in 2016. Even before we got Campbell, Bouye, and the others we were predicted to gain several more wins just by that regression. Then we got those guys, and added a super easy schedule, and ridiculous injury luck, and a division that fell apart. And not having Gus Bradley the whole time. And I'm sure a hundred other factors.

Man.  You are just an expert on everything.

Myopia is not my forte what can I say.