Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cardinals Release CB/S Tyrann Mathieu

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 02:03 PM by JNev.)

They are taking a $9.8 million hit in dead cap for this move. Ouch. Depressing times over in the desert with the Badford and Glennon news as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#honeyjaguar

Make it so, Cough-Well.  Send Hayden back home and make this the greatest secondary of all time.

I know it's never gonna happen.

Make it happen. I was totally wrong about our cap space apparently. we might as well.

Do over! Do over!
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Man, only if we waited on the Hayden deal.

(03-14-2018, 02:30 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Man, only if we waited on the Hayden deal.
isnt he still expected to sign, not actually signed? screw it.. drop that one in the shredder and call the badger.

Badger or no badger, that Hayden deal is a joke.

Can anyone think of a place like the honeyjag is describing here?

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/9...1931623425

(03-14-2018, 02:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: #honeyjaguar

Make it so, Cough-Well.  Send Hayden back home and make this the greatest secondary of all time.

I know it's never gonna happen.

Won't happen.  Jaguars used their cap space to sign castoffs.

@Mathieu_Era
Follow Follow @Mathieu_Era

Born in New Orleans but at times I feel like Florida adopted me

Oh.

He’s probably facing a suspension or something.

Denver would love him,we would love him,raiders would love him,bugs would love him,dolphins,saints,etc. He can play nickel or fs

There's gotta be something else to this. Can't see why he was released; even if his cap hit is high. Did his production tail off that much? We don't have enough space to bring him in. If we cancelled some of the already agree'd upon one's, maybe. But I'd figure he's at least 12-14 a year.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-14-2018, 04:49 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: He’s probably facing a suspension or something.

That was my first thought.

(03-14-2018, 05:13 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: There's gotta be something else to this. Can't see why he was released; even if his cap hit is high. Did his production tail off that much? We don't have enough space to bring him in. If we cancelled some of the already agree'd upon one's, maybe. But I'd figure he's at least 12-14 a year.

I'd love to see Gip and Tyrann battle it out for the start, but he'd have to sign for like $2-$4 a year... not $12-$14.

'02

(03-14-2018, 06:54 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 05:13 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: There's gotta be something else to this. Can't see why he was released; even if his cap hit is high. Did his production tail off that much? We don't have enough space to bring him in. If we cancelled some of the already agree'd upon one's, maybe. But I'd figure he's at least 12-14 a year.

I'd love to see Gip and Tyrann battle it out for the start, but he'd have to sign for like $2-$4 a year... not $12-$14.

Mathieu would make the perfect nickel. No need for any "battle" at FS.

(03-14-2018, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I say bring him in. It's not like we could only use one CB. As much as I like Myrick as a gunner, he's a couple years away from contributing as a CB. 
'02

(03-14-2018, 07:29 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mathieu would make the perfect nickel. No need for any "battle" at FS.

I say bring him in. It's not like we could only use one CB. As much as I like Myrick as a gunner, he's a couple years away from contributing as a CB. 

When was Myrick a gunner? Was this on Kickoff? I saw him fly around the edge on Kick Block, but that is not considerd a gunner.
At the start of the season, Peyton Thompson and Benn were the Gunners/Flyers/Bullets on punt. 
Carroll finished the season as a gunner on punt, which was kind of strange for a DE.

(03-14-2018, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

If we can afford it, I’m down! Lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-14-2018, 08:31 PM)Teal Curtain Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:29 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I say bring him in. It's not like we could only use one CB. As much as I like Myrick as a gunner, he's a couple years away from contributing as a CB. 

When was Myrick a gunner? Was this on Kickoff? I saw him fly around the edge on Kick Block, but that is not considerd a gunner.
At the start of the season, Peyton Thompson and Benn were the Gunners/Flyers/Bullets on punt. 
Carroll finished the season as a gunner on punt, which was kind of strange for a DE.

They tried him at gunner a few times. Didn't work out. He got pushed around a bit too much.  The speed wasn't enough to compensate.