Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Annual Site Wide Mock GM LOUNGE DISCUSSION

(04-01-2018, 03:37 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good God I hope the draft dont fall like this.  To me Michael Gallup is the best player on the board but we took Ridley.  This is why there is no way I would take a WR in the first.  Gallup is just as good a prospect as Ridley imo and he probably falls to the 2nd

I think theres a lot of hive mind with this draft. People on here are more likely to take guys we've been discussing so I doubt the draft falls similarly to what we predict

It's been my experience that QBs , WRs, TEs, and RBs come off the board quicker in these member mocks than they do in the real thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2018, 03:30 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Can anyone post a list of best players still available? I would do it but I'm lazy.

I'd like to see such a list as well at this point.
'02

I'm on it:

Per Sports Illustrated:
1. Ronald Jones, RB, USC
2. Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
3. Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
4. Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State
5. Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
6. Rasheem Green, DL, USC
7. Brian O'Neill, OT, Pitt
8. Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
9. Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
10. Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi St.
11. Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
12. Anthony Avertt, CB, Alabama
13. Uchenna Nwousu, LB, USC
14. Deshon Elliott, S, Texas
15. Rashad Penny, RB, San Diego St.
16. Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
17. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma
18. Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
19. Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia
20. Jeff Holland, EDGE, Auburn

(04-01-2018, 07:27 PM)JNev Wrote: I'm on it:

Per Sports Illustrated:
1. Ronald Jones, RB, USC
2. Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
3. Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
4. Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State
5. Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
6. Rasheem Green, DL, USC
7. Brian O'Neill, OT, Pitt
8. Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
9. Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
10. Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi St.
11. Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
12. Anthony Avertt, CB, Alabama
13. Uchenna Nwousu, LB, USC
14. Deshon Elliott, S, Texas
15. Rashad Penny, RB, San Diego St.
16. Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
17. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma
18. Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
19. Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia
20. Jeff Holland, EDGE, Auburn

Sam Hubbard isn't really an edge guy... He's like a run-stuffing 4-3 LDE or a 3-4 DE.

'02

Rashad Penny would of been my 2nd ranked player behind Gallup.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2018, 10:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-01-2018, 03:37 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good God I hope the draft dont fall like this.  To me Michael Gallup is the best player on the board but we took Ridley.  This is why there is no way I would take a WR in the first.  Gallup is just as good a prospect as Ridley imo and he probably falls to the 2nd

I think theres a lot of hive mind with this draft. People on here are more likely to take guys we've been discussing so I doubt the draft falls similarly to what we predict
I agree some what I just think we will be in much better shape if we don’t take a WR in  the 1st round.  We will find great value in the 2nd if we want to go that route.

(04-01-2018, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 03:37 PM)JNev Wrote: I think theres a lot of hive mind with this draft. People on here are more likely to take guys we've been discussing so I doubt the draft falls similarly to what we predict

It's been my experience that QBs , WRs, TEs, and RBs come off the board quicker in these member mocks than they do in the real thing.

It’s an offensive heavy draft in the early rounds

(04-01-2018, 09:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rashad Penny would of been my 2nd ranked player behind Gallup.

Funny you say that.

Per PFF:

1. Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado St.
2. Ronald Jones, RB, USC
3. Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
4. Rashad Penny, RB, San Diego St.
5. Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio St.
6. Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
7. Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise St.
8. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma
9. Hercules Mata'afa, EDGE, Washington St.
10. Marcel Ateman, WR, Oklahoma St.
11. Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
12. Kemoko Turay, EDGE, Rutgers
13. Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forest
14. Keke Coutee, WR, Texas Tech
15. Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa 
16. Will Clapp, C, LSU
17. MJ Stewrt, CB, UNC
18. Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
19. Chad Thomas, EDGE, Miami FL
20. Quin Blanding, S, Virginia

Donte Jackson projects to be a fantastic nickel back. He ran a 4.32 at the combine, and he's good size for the NB role at 5' 10 1/2" and 178 lbs. They were saying he's fast enough that he could potentially run a 4.2 having won track and field awards. His ball skills are good too as he was tied for the lead in pass breakups and INTs.
'02

Cedric Wilson brings some height to the position at 6'3" and projects to possibly still be there for our late round four pick.
'02

NFL.com compares Rutgers DE Kemoko Turay to Yannick Ngakoue. 
'02

Will Clapp looks like an interesting G/C option in round six.

Where is Austin Corbett?

I'm rather impressed with Austin's write-ups and how athletic he is for a big G. I feel like he can start right away and should be there for our late round three pick but probably not much longer.

Ian Thomas in an intriguing third round TE. It appears he still has some developing to do both as a blocker and a route runner, but is already pretty darn good at both.
'02

Thanks to all who add the position and college to your pick! Any info added, especially to these 2nd and, hopefully, third round in this mock is VERY helpful.

You are showing anybody who cares to visit from other teams' board how to run a site-wide draft. Well done.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We are definitely gonna do round 3, yes? Clearly we need to give the public what they want...

(04-02-2018, 10:34 AM)JagJohn Wrote: We are definitely gonna do round 3, yes? Clearly we need to give the public what they want...

I'm thinking we're doing four.

'02

I'd probably vote to end it after round 3. It's slowing waaaay down, ending it after the first two days of the draft would be a nice bow IMO.

NE going offense with their 1st 3 picks? Ouch, that poor defense

(04-02-2018, 08:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: NE going offense with their 1st 3 picks?  Ouch, that poor defense

I think you're on the clock with the Bills.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2018, 06:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I know the Bill's picked up Ivory but that's not gonna stop them from picking up one of the BPA. With Penny, McCoy, and Ivory they are now deep at the RB position

My favorite RB behind Barkley

If the draft fell like this that Bills offense would have the potential to be scary

I keep thinking Lauletta is going to be like a sixth round pick.
'02