Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prisco's Less Than List

This is a list of players Prisco does not like as much as the scouts like.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/prisc...he-scouts/

There are a few names on this list that have kicked around on this board, including Connor Williams.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I always enjoy looking at this list by Prisco, as well as his "better than" list. The 2 guys that jump out at me on the "less than" list are Connor Williams and D.J. Clark. Williams has definitely dropped in many mock drafts due to several factors. Prisco admittedly misses on some of his predictions, but his comments about Williams drop him behind Wynn and Hernandez on my list of potential first round picks for the Jaguars. I've never liked Clark as a first rounder due to his lack of production in college. He may not have had a good q.b. to work with, but I have a hunch he'll be a bust if taken in the first round.

The "better than" list had several guys I'd be happy to see the Jaguars draft. If they go offensive line in the first round, Ian Thomas would have to be considered in the 2nd round. If he and Hurst were both on the board it would not be an easy decision for our brass. Do they take the guy who can contribute a lot early on (Hurst) or the guy with much more upside (Thomas)? Other guys that intrigue me are Anthony Miller, Mike White and Nyheim Hines. White would have to be considered if he's still there in the 3rd round. He'll need time to develop, but he does have a chance to eventually become a starter.

If we go WR it should be Anthony Miller. He's going to be a star.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Prisco loves Allen... I can't take him serious. The troll lives I guess.

Here was his praise list from last year
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/prisc...scouts-do/

(04-18-2018, 06:12 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Here was his praise list from last year
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/prisc...scouts-do/

Smoot!  

"He had 13 sacks the past two seasons for the Illini, which is solid work. But the thing that is truly impressive is his athletic ability. He was a former track star in high school as a high hurdler. That's unreal for a player who weighed 264 pounds at the combine. He didn't run great 40 times, but that's not what pass rushing is all about anyway."

From what I saw of him last season, he was a good pick for us.

You know what? Found myself agreeing with Prisco here a decent amount.

(04-18-2018, 09:23 AM)JackCity Wrote: You know what? Found myself agreeing with Prisco here a decent amount.

It's probably due to all the Bushmill's you been drinkin'
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Conner Williams is projected to be mid-first round pick. That said, if a few GMs view him like Prisco views him, that might be what it takes for him to fall to #29.

I'm surprised to see DJ Chark up there. I was just beginning to really like him.
'02

(04-17-2018, 11:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If we go WR it should be Anthony Miller. He's going to be a star.

Agree 100%, my favorite WR in the draft.  Other than size I dont think he has a weakness

"draft cult" lol

I've pared my twitter follows only down to a hand full of draft analysts. It's become tedious. And I rarely read much anymore from a lot of those who publish online.

NFL.com has been pretty accurate through the years with their profiles. CBS okay. I do my own research if I'm interested, but I don't obsess with it like many do. It's not worth it. In the end it's a lot of wasted time and energy I'll never get back.

I don't always agree with Pete, but I enjoy his work. If not useful, it's usually at least fun. And I love the way he triggers Boselli like a cat toying with a mouse.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Ngakoue was on his 2015 list too, so he has a pretty good pedigree.

(04-18-2018, 06:28 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Ngakoue was on his 2015 list too, so he has a pretty good pedigree.

Did you see his last year’s list? Every single player on there either didn’t produce much or was a massive disappointment outside of Adoree imo

(04-18-2018, 07:23 PM)JNev Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 06:28 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Ngakoue was on his 2015 list too, so he has a pretty good pedigree.

Did you see his last year’s list? Every single player on there either didn’t produce much or was a massive disappointment outside of Adoree imo

True, but there's a fair few on there that could take big leaps forward next year. Smoot, for example, is tough to assess accurately right now.

I keep reading different things about Connor Williams. Some say he plays real nasty. Others say he is soft. One even compared him to Joeckel. Not sure what to believe.

I think I'd prefer Hernandez over Williams. Even if he is strictly a guard whereas Williams may be able to play inside or out.