Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bye Bye Boy Scouts

(05-03-2018, 02:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Keyboard tough.

You’re cute.

Sure I guess. I asked him if he's done anything brave in his life.

I know you haven't.

Hey - you need to hook up with FBT. You two can flex together.

Anonymous guys(?) on an anonymous message board acting real tough and cool. Kind of pathetic.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-03-2018, 02:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Keyboard tough.

You’re cute.

Sure I guess. I asked him if he's done anything brave in his life.

I know you haven't. In fact, I bet the "bravest" thing you've ever done is yell at someone over a phone.
Hahahaha

Nailed it. Those Verizon guys needed to be taught a lesson. It’s a tough job but someone had to do it.

Consider this thread another notch in the bedpost of "the political forum is a decrepit cesspool with no value for this board beyond serving as echo chamber for those that support its sad little existence."

Easy, people. Chill.

(05-03-2018, 03:25 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Consider this thread another notch in the bedpost of "the political forum is a decrepit cesspool with no value for this board beyond serving as echo chamber for those that support its sad little existence."

[Image: 200_s.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-03-2018, 03:25 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Consider this thread another notch in the bedpost of "the political forum is a decrepit cesspool with no value for this board beyond serving as echo chamber for those that support its sad little existence."

I am a little uncomfortable watching a moderator become triggered like yourself. Maybe you should go work for Facebook and censor the conservative voice. Seems like a much better fit for your type, and you can probably do it from home.

(05-03-2018, 08:16 AM)JackCity Wrote: You could just have a "Scouts" like Ireland does.

This isn't Ireland.

In this country we have (had) cub scouts / boy scouts for boys and brownies / girl scouts for girls.  All 4 programs used to teach essential life skills to youngsters along with establishing/improving character, morals, patriotism, etc.  It seems that in today's society the programs have changed to "recreation" or more like "baby sitting" rather than learning tools.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-03-2018, 11:47 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 11:20 AM)JackCity Wrote: Conservatives triggered by scouts? I'm worried!

You misspelled "I'm trolling!"

I take it you never earned an Arrow of Light?  Who am I kidding... rhetorical question...

Segregation is ok.  Say it with me:

SEGREGATION IS OK

If that triggers you, good.  Getting outside our comfort zone is the only way we can grow.

My relationship with my son is different than my relationship with my daughter.  It's because they are different genders, of which there are only two.  It's ok that different genders experience things differently.  It's ok to segregate boys and girls in some facets (bathrooms, clubs, etc, etc...) 

Let's extend this to sports and see how that works out.

Common sense is no longer common.  That's not outrage like you see from the nutjob sjw's... is simply observation.  And why some would celebrate the destruction of tradition just because "white people don't like it" is simply sick.  You wouldn't care less unless if the whites didn't disagree.  Amirite?  Otherwise, you can't pretend boys and girls aren't different and don't have different natures and needs.

You speak the truth, especially the part in bold.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-03-2018, 06:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 08:16 AM)JackCity Wrote: You could just have a "Scouts" like Ireland does.

This isn't Ireland.

In this country we have (had) cub scouts / boy scouts for boys and brownies / girl scouts for girls.  All 4 programs used to teach essential life skills to youngsters along with establishing/improving character, morals, patriotism, etc.  It seems that in today's society the programs have changed to "recreation" or more like "baby sitting" rather than learning tools.

Agreed. 100%.

I wonder how soon they are going to change the oath, scout law and the original mission.

This comes from their website.
Quote:Scout Oath: On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law: A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

Scout Mission: The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.

(05-03-2018, 01:12 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 11:47 AM)pirkster Wrote: You misspelled "I'm trolling!"

I take it you never earned an Arrow of Light?  Who am I kidding... rhetorical question...

Segregation is ok.  Say it with me:

SEGREGATION IS OK

If that triggers you, good.  Getting outside our comfort zone is the only way we can grow.

My relationship with my son is different than my relationship with my daughter.  It's because they are different genders, of which there are only two.  It's ok that different genders experience things differently.  It's ok to segregate boys and girls in some facets (bathrooms, clubs, etc, etc...) 

Let's extend this to sports and see how that works out.

Common sense is no longer common.  That's not outrage like you see from the nutjob sjw's... is simply observation.  And why some would celebrate the destruction of tradition just because "white people don't like it" is simply sick.  You wouldn't care less unless if the whites didn't disagree.  Amirite?  Otherwise, you can't pretend boys and girls aren't different and don't have different natures and needs.
Absolutely!

WE MUST GET OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE BY KEEPING EVERYONE NEATLY SEGREGATED INTO CLUBS WHERE EVERYONE IS EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

I doubt it fits on a protest sign but it still just rolls off the tongue.

You assume every kid is a stepford child. Each kid has different personalities even if the same sex and that hardly makes them EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE as you say. 

And yeah, a person is going to have a different relationship with their son than their daughter. Heck, they'll have different relationships with same sex kids who are different ages and different personalities. My sister and I are only two years apart in age but have polar opposite personalities. My brother who is nine years younger than me is closer to me personality speaking but we are still two very different people so our parents have different relationships with each of us. 

AND THAT'S OKAY.

(05-04-2018, 04:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 01:12 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Absolutely!

WE MUST GET OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE BY KEEPING EVERYONE NEATLY SEGREGATED INTO CLUBS WHERE EVERYONE IS EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

I doubt it fits on a protest sign but it still just rolls off the tongue.

You assume every kid is a stepford child. Each kid has different personalities even if the same sex and that hardly makes them EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE as you say. 

And yeah, a person is going to have a different relationship with their son than their daughter. Heck, they'll have different relationships with same sex kids who are different ages and different personalities. My sister and I are only two years apart in age but have polar opposite personalities. My brother who is nine years younger than me is closer to me personality speaking but we are still two very different people so our parents have different relationships with each of us. 

AND THAT'S OKAY.

So you see the value in interacting with people with different personalities and background yet want to support a system that purposely seeks to exclude interaction with people with different background and therefor different personalities? And this does not seem completely contradictory to you?

All segregation in any form does is create an "us" versus "them", whether it's with gender, skin color, education, nationality or any other reason anyone can of think. once you start down that path it opens people up to consider their group superior to the others. It even happens on this very board with something as inconsequential as sports, how often have you heard the phrase "yeah, [poster] is a tacks/Lions/clots fan, but they're one of the better ones"? Because we file these people in these groups we start judging by whatever label and attitude we assign to that group instead of judging for the human being they are.

(05-04-2018, 05:06 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 04:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You assume every kid is a stepford child. Each kid has different personalities even if the same sex and that hardly makes them EXACTLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE as you say. 

AND THAT'S OKAY.

So you see the value in interacting with people with different personalities and background yet want to support a system that purposely seeks to exclude interaction with people with different background and therefor different personalities? And this does not seem completely contradictory to you?

All segregation in any form does is create an "us" versus "them", whether it's with gender, skin color, education, nationality or any other reason anyone can of think. once you start down that path it opens people up to consider their group superior to the others. It even happens on this very board with something as inconsequential as sports, how often have you heard the phrase "yeah, [poster] is a tacks/Lions/clots fan, but they're one of the better ones"? Because we file these people in these groups we start judging by whatever label and attitude we assign to that group instead of judging for the human being they are.

Joining a VOLUNTARY club has ZERO bearing on your interaction and inclusion of others in your life.

What is it with you numbskulls that want to force people to act and think only the way you approve of?

Segregation is natural.  Would you prefer grocery stores to randomly place each item in the store for sale?  Perhaps websites shouldn't use categories to aid in navigation.

Newsflash.... people aren't labels, they are individuals.  Individuals should be free to associate and form segregated groups on their own free will should they choose.

Otherwise, you should be vehemently opposed to Title 9 in sports.  None of your flawed mental gymnastics could possibly justify that.

Because the importance of mens/womens sports and mens/womens organizations are no different at all.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Serious question: do Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts do different things?

What if a girl doesn’t want to stand by the road selling cookies but instead, be a part of the Boy Scouts and do what they do?

(05-04-2018, 10:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Serious question: do Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts do different things?

What if a girl doesn’t want to stand by the road selling cookies but instead, be a part of the Boy Scouts and do what they do?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think boy scouts sell popcorn. Not as tasty as cookies that's for sure.

(05-04-2018, 05:22 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 05:06 PM)DragonFury Wrote: So you see the value in interacting with people with different personalities and background yet want to support a system that purposely seeks to exclude interaction with people with different background and therefor different personalities? And this does not seem completely contradictory to you?

Joining a VOLUNTARY club has ZERO bearing on your interaction and inclusion of others in your life.

What is it with you numbskulls that want to force people to act and think only the way you approve of?

Segregation is natural.  Would you prefer grocery stores to randomly place each item in the store for sale?  Perhaps websites shouldn't use categories to aid in navigation.

Newsflash.... people aren't labels, they are individuals.  Individuals should be free to associate and form segregated groups on their own free will should they choose.

Otherwise, you should be vehemently opposed to Title 9 in sports.  None of your flawed mental gymnastics could possibly justify that.

Because the importance of mens/womens sports and mens/womens organizations are no different at all.

These three things are exactly right. Who we choose to spend our free time with is up to us, or it should be. I don't spend my time with people I have no common interests with because what would be the point? It's like wasting time watching a sport you don't enjoy. What's the point? Why did any of us join this message board? Because we have the Jaguars in common and/or we enjoy football in general. Within this MB there are a lot of differences that, to me anyway, make it much more interesting and help broaden my view on different subjects whether I agree with them or not. 

We are forced to do a lot of stuff in life we don't care to because that's just the way it is, so why the heck be forced to do stuff we don't want If we have a choice? And why take that choice away from others?  

There will never not be segregation as long as people have different interests, different cultures, different opinions and ideas, different skin color, etc. The surfers will hang with the sufers, the nerds with the nerds, the popular kids with the popular kids.

(05-04-2018, 11:33 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 10:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Serious question: do Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts do different things?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think boy scouts sell popcorn. Not as tasty as cookies that's for sure.

And the popcorn cost a fortune.

I was kicked out of boy scouts for eating a brownie.

So you don't want the boys hanging out with girls?

Interesting...

(05-05-2018, 01:52 AM)lastonealive Wrote: So you don't want the boys hanging out with girls?

Interesting...

As I guy with an 8 year old niece in girl scouts, I don't want her hanging around boys until she's 30. I want the girl scouts and boy scouts separated. My nephew (her brother) is 12 and in boy scouts. They do a lot of the same things, but the boys do more competitive stuff like the Pinewood Derby and rocket races. The girl scouts do more "crafty" stuff, but both seem to have the same amount of camping activities. If the problem is the activities, let the girls do a powder puff derby, where they make and race cars if they want to. The same for the rocket races. I see no problem with that as long as they keep the two organizations separate.