Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will You All Watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Saturday?

May have to DVR it as really not a morning person. But would love you all to have a take on it. As really things have changed in Great Britain! Over marriages that is.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No.

No. I'm a dude.

This was my response to my in laws when a group text started about a watch party at my house...
[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I'm pretty sure you have to wear a skirt to be interested in this.
Huh

Guarantee my wife will watch it but I'll be mowing the lawn instead considering that will be more enjoyable.

(05-18-2018, 12:29 AM)Passepartout Wrote: May have to DVR it as really not a morning person. But would love you all to have a take on it. As really things have changed in Great Britain! Over marriages that is.

I'll be too busy and likely wouldn't watch anyway.  Reading a re-cap blurb in my news feed will suffice for my level of interest.  I suppose it's nice to see elements of the monarchy acting a bit more progressively.  They certainly tend to be opposite historically.  Royal family goings-on really are pretty far outside my range of interest though.

Being one of the very few resident chicks on the board...I can admit I’ll be watching the hell out of it!! Judge away!! Banana
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

nope
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'd actually rather watch this 10,000 times during the duration that the wedding is being shown.
.[Image: giphy.gif]

Absolutely not

If I had a g/f or wife and she wanted to watch I would watch it with her. But I don't have either of those, so I won't be watching.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Buuuwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Didn't we fight a war like 240 years ago so we wouldn't have to give a crap what these people do?

(05-18-2018, 01:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Didn't we fight a war like 240 years ago so we wouldn't have to give a crap what these people do?

No you didn't. Everyone who actually fought in that war has been dead for well over 100 years now.

(05-18-2018, 01:18 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 01:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Didn't we fight a war like 240 years ago so we wouldn't have to give a crap what these people do?

No you didn't. Everyone who actually fought in that war has been dead for well over 100 years now.

Well I had actual family members who fought in the revolution..

I mean, I think everyone uses the colloquial "we" when talking about their country whether in past, present or future.

Kinda like when people say, the last time WE won a Superbowl....

No way.

I've done everything I can so far to ignore the hype. I've failed miserably.

Plus, there's something much more interesting on tomorrow (The FA Cup Final).
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I never quite understood the fascination with the royals. Why does anyone care what they do? They seem like nice folks and all, but they're a bit on the boring side, no? If I'm going to follow the leader of a country, give me somebody exciting. Like ole Kim Jong and his crew. He shoots dissedents with anti-aircraft cannons. Imagine that as a reality show.

"This week on 'Keeping Up With The Jongs', the son of a political rival hits on Kim Jong's neice. Does Kim draw and quarter him with tanks or obliterate him with a nuclear warhead? Tune in Wednesday at nine, only on A&E".

(05-18-2018, 01:57 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I never quite understood the fascination with the royals. Why does anyone care what they do? They seem like nice folks and all, but they're a bit on the boring side, no? If I'm going to follow the leader of a country, give me somebody exciting. Like ole Kim Jong and his crew. He shoots dissedents with anti-aircraft cannons. Imagine that as a reality show.

"This week on 'Keeping Up With The Jongs', the son of a political rival hits on Kim Jong's neice. Does Kim draw and quarter him with tanks or obliterate him with a nuclear warhead? Tune in Wednesday at nine, only on A&E".

I agree for the most part.

I'm expected to be a Royalist as my dad was in the British Army for 25 years, but it just annoys me..

I like Prince Harry, though. He just seems kinda normal..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

If you think you are supposed to feel a certain way about a group of people across the ocean from you because of a war fought 240 years ago, you are really, really doing it wrong.