Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did you know Telvin had 100 tackles every year

I was looking at Telvin Smith's stat line for his career and it is mind blowing for a 5th round pick.

He is poised to have 5 straight years with 100 tackles or more. He also has 7 career int's. 

Also 2 defensive TDs. (It seems like he has like 5 TDs).

What a stud at LB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No I did not know. Thanks
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2018, 06:48 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Telvin is legit. If he can win a ring, add another all pro or 2 and another pro bowl or 2 and he can produce those number for another 4 year, I would expect him to be a HOFer.

Not to rain on your parade but I believe tackles are not an officially tracked NFL stat. They differ between the different outlets that track them. IIRC Bob Sanders at one point had more tackles in a season than the clots had defensive plays.

Not to downplay Telvin's contribution to the defense but just going by stats is not really a well supported argument in this case.

He also has 6.5 sacks. If he can get to the 20/20 club...hes gonna be in rare company: only 15 in NFL History have done it.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

His big plays are even more impressive than his tackles, which as someone else was hinting at varies depending on how they are tracked. Teams go through the tape to get the precise tackle counts for their players, and their tackle numbers almost always differ than what nfl.com shows.

This is his overall after four years so just divide by 4 to get his yearly average...
  • Telvin Smith, 60 games (53 starts), 452 tackles (345 solo, 107 ast), 6 1/2 sacks, 24 PDs, 7 INTs (97 yards, 2 TDs), 4 FFs, 5 FRs (52 yards, 1 TD)
  • post season: 35 tackles (31 solo, 4 assists), 3 PDs,  1 FF, 1 FR

'02

I see the OP watched the top 100. They mentioned he has the record for tackles for the JAGS for the first 4 years as a player since being drafted.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Nope, sure didnt.

I looked at his stats, as the posts says.

Did you know that [BLEEP] had 162 tackles in one year and also avg over 100 tackles per year for his career. 100 tackles per year for a 16 game season should be pretty much expected in the NFL for a starting lb.

why is Gamora

(05-19-2018, 05:15 AM)surfon Wrote: Did you know that [BLEEP] had 162 tackles in one year and also avg over 100 tackles per year for his career.  100 tackles per year for a 16 game season should be pretty much expected in the NFL for a starting lb.

Agreed,150 tackles is impressive, but if your MLB isn't hitting 100 at least, he isn't doing his job.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If they are in 3 WR sets then its tough to hit those numbers. Poz was a machine. But he never splashed. He was like Rick Fox of basketball.

(05-21-2018, 06:46 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If they are in 3 WR sets then its tough to hit those numbers. Poz was a machine. But he never splashed. He was like Rick Fox of basketball.

Poz was a much better football player than Rick Fox was a basketball player

Telvin Smith was a tackling machine at FSU. It was obvious to me at least that he would turn out to be the player he is in the NFL (and I'm not an FSU fan). He probably fell due to his failed drug test at the combine along with his low weight for a LB. A lot of well-paid and experienced GMs missed on a player who I thought should have been drafted in the top half of the 2nd round.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"