Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McDonald's customers suing for $5M over unwanted Quarter Pounder cheese

McDonald's customers suing for $5M over unwanted Quarter Pounder cheese

Two McDonald’s customers in Florida are suing the fast-food giant for a hefty sum of $5 million because they say they’re being unfairly charged for cheese they don’t want on their burgers.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/0...heese.html
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Firstly.. it states the nutritional information based on preferences, with or without cheese..

I don't know what it's like over there, but we haven't had a "without cheese" option for years over here. At the end of the day, if you choose to have it without cheese, that's your prerogative.. the sandwich comes with cheese as stated on the menu, if you don't want it, you can't expect to pay less if there isn't an option on the menu for your preferred specification.

Secondly, I really want a cheeseburger now.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

While I find the lawsuit to be outlandish, they do make a good point regarding the cheese options as it relates to the burgers and availability to get the price differential (credit when ordering without cheese).

(05-25-2018, 12:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: While I find the lawsuit to be outlandish, they do make a good point regarding the cheese options as it relates to the burgers and availability to get the price differential (credit when ordering without cheese).

Perhaps they should have the option to add another ingredient of their choice... like another beef patty..

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2018, 01:19 PM by RicoTx.)

Hell, I just want my English muffin toasted for my egga-muffin.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-25-2018, 01:02 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 12:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: While I find the lawsuit to be outlandish, they do make a good point regarding the cheese options as it relates to the burgers and availability to get the price differential (credit when ordering without cheese).

Perhaps they should have the option to add another ingredient of their choice... like another beef patty..

every time I order a quarter pounder with cheese, I'm always asked if I want cheese on it...My thing is, if something you want isn't on the menu, the restaurant should not be forced to provide it...I get the substitution thing, but they already make a double quarter pounder with cheese and cheese is only 40 cents, so what could you substitute that is the same value as cheese? My thing is, if you order something that comes standard with cheese and you don't like/can't eat cheese, you should order something else...Maybe I should go to a restaurant and order a salad with no lettuce and see what they say

"I want a quater pounder with cheese without the cheese, so please substitute another patty to make it a half pounder without cheese."

Kid looks up: "There ain't no picture for that."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2018, 06:50 PM by Jags.)

(05-25-2018, 01:18 PM)Rico Wrote: Hell, I just want my English muffin toasted for my egga-muffin.

Or even putting the lid on the drink properly.

(05-25-2018, 01:45 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 01:02 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Perhaps they should have the option to add another ingredient of their choice... like another beef patty..

every time I order a quarter pounder with cheese, I'm always asked if I want cheese on it...My thing is, if something you want isn't on the menu, the restaurant should not be forced to provide it...I get the substitution thing, but they already make a double quarter pounder with cheese and cheese is only 40 cents, so what could you substitute that is the same value as cheese? My thing is, if you order something that comes standard with cheese and you don't like/can't eat cheese, you should order something else...Maybe I should go to a restaurant and order a salad with no lettuce and see what they say

I totally agree.. my post in bold was sarcasm.. I, personally, think that if you don't like what's on the menu or how it comes, don't order from that place.

(05-26-2018, 02:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 01:45 PM)wrong_box Wrote: every time I order a quarter pounder with cheese, I'm always asked if I want cheese on it...My thing is, if something you want isn't on the menu, the restaurant should not be forced to provide it...I get the substitution thing, but they already make a double quarter pounder with cheese and cheese is only 40 cents, so what could you substitute that is the same value as cheese? My thing is, if you order something that comes standard with cheese and you don't like/can't eat cheese, you should order something else...Maybe I should go to a restaurant and order a salad with no lettuce and see what they say

I totally agree.. my post in bold was sarcasm.. I, personally, think that if you don't like what's on the menu or how it comes, don't order from that place.

I know a woman who, without fail, requests modifications or substitutions to menu items, then invariably complains if it isn't served exactly as ordered.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2018, 07:26 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(05-26-2018, 03:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 02:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I totally agree.. my post in bold was sarcasm.. I, personally, think that if you don't like what's on the menu or how it comes, don't order from that place.

I know a woman who, without fail, requests modifications or substitutions to menu items, then invariably complains if it isn't served exactly as ordered.

"A" woman? I thought it was every woman who does that.

What is "unwanted cheese?"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-27-2018, 10:29 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: What is "unwanted cheese?"

Frumunda cheese.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I was at one today. When I attempted to remove the paper from my straw by smashing it end down on the counter a crack developed in the straw. It was obviously constructed of poor quality, defective plastic. This resulted in unwanted air being ingested and an excess of air build up in my innards resulting in several severe intestinal disturbances that caused great mental and physical suffering of not only myself but also some dear family members as well.

I figure that should be worth at least 8.5 million. I'm calling Ferret and Ferret.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-27-2018, 01:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I was at one today. When I attempted to remove the paper from my straw by smashing it end down on the counter  a crack developed in the straw. It was obviously constructed of poor quality, defective plastic. This resulted in unwanted air being ingested and an excess of air build up in my innards resulting in several severe intestinal disturbances that caused great mental and physical suffering of not only  myself but also some dear family members as well.

I figure that should be worth at least 8.5 million. I'm calling Ferret and Ferret.

I like how you think!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe10aH7FMwEChQQKS2LEN...Mj0VS3Ooch]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-26-2018, 03:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 02:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I totally agree.. my post in bold was sarcasm.. I, personally, think that if you don't like what's on the menu or how it comes, don't order from that place.

You know my wife? She's a pain at restaurants because she's too picky.

(05-26-2018, 02:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 01:45 PM)wrong_box Wrote: every time I order a quarter pounder with cheese, I'm always asked if I want cheese on it...My thing is, if something you want isn't on the menu, the restaurant should not be forced to provide it...I get the substitution thing, but they already make a double quarter pounder with cheese and cheese is only 40 cents, so what could you substitute that is the same value as cheese? My thing is, if you order something that comes standard with cheese and you don't like/can't eat cheese, you should order something else...Maybe I should go to a restaurant and order a salad with no lettuce and see what they say

Pretty much why I don't eat fast food anymore. It's not that I don't like burgers, it's that McD's hasn't served a good burger since the 80's. Even Hardee's is slacking and I used to love their Angus burgers.

(06-01-2018, 12:44 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Pretty much why I don't eat fast food anymore. It's not that I don't like burgers, it's that McD's hasn't served a good burger since the 80's. Even Hardee's is slacking and I used to love their Angus burgers.

The Dave’s Double from Wendy’s is surprisingly good.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018, 11:03 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-01-2018, 12:44 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Pretty much why I don't eat fast food anymore. It's not that I don't like burgers, it's that McD's hasn't served a good burger since the 80's. Even Hardee's is slacking and I used to love their Angus burgers.

Relatively speaking that is correct but their prices are about half of what you pay in a restaurant / sports bar ---- the other day my daughter ordered a burger, fries, and soda from Salt Life at Jax Beach and it came out to ~ $15 since the fries and drink are not included in the burger price.  I knew the soda was separate but c'mon .... fries should come with every burger unless otherwise specified !!!  :Sad  don't even get me started on the burger prices in the Orlando Resort Hotels --- they can get up to $18

(06-01-2018, 11:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 12:44 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Pretty much why I don't eat fast food anymore. It's not that I don't like burgers, it's that McD's hasn't served a good burger since the 80's. Even Hardee's is slacking and I used to love their Angus burgers.

Relatively speaking that is correct but their prices are about half of what you pay in a restaurant / sports bar ---- the other day my daughter ordered a burger, fries, and soda from Salt Life at Jax Beach and it came out to ~ $15 since the fries and drink are not included in the burger price.  I knew the soda was separate but c'mon .... fries should come with every burger unless otherwise specified !!!  :Sad  don't even get me started on the burger prices in the Orlando Resort Hotels --- they can get up to $18

That's why I specified fast food. There are some local places here in NC that have delicious burgers but I'm not going to regularly pay the money they want for something I can make at home. My husband loves to fire up the grill so I am never lacking in good burgers. Speaking of which.....