Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is why we need to build The Wall and Build it NOW!

(05-29-2018, 10:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 03:03 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The system is soo broke they can't track the location of those who crossed legally and you think they can come up precisely where the illegal crossed? This is the type of semantics not worthy of argument.

“Southern border” shall mean the contiguous land border between the United States and Mexico, including all points of entry.
“Wall” shall mean a contiguous, physical wall or other similarly secure, contiguous, and impassable physical barrier.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-...rovements/

In what other situation do you support a solution when the problem isn't clearly defined?

I know what a wall is, and I know what Trump wants when he says he will build a wall. The semantics are very clear.
Not sure where you've been, but the problem/root cause is very clear. The solution is multi-fold with a wall just being one piece of that solution.

Not questioning whether or not you know what "a" wall is, but whether or not you know what "this" wall is to be, along with it's infrastructure.

As far as where the illegal entered, it's been said before...doesn't matter and doesn't make it any more or less illegal. However, it does reinforce the belief that a porous border needs rapid improvement.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm just confused how a physical wall is going to stop much. And also how it would even be built before Trump is out of office. It took like 4 years to add one lane on I75 in Tampa
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-30-2018, 06:08 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm just confused how a physical wall is going to stop much. And also how it would even be built before Trump is out of office. It took like 4 years to add one lane on I75 in Tampa
You’re confused that Trump made a campaign promise he couldn’t keep?

(05-30-2018, 07:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 06:08 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm just confused how a physical wall is going to stop much. And also how it would even be built before Trump is out of office. It took like 4 years to add one lane on I75 in Tampa

Which part of the campaign promise are you scrutinizing? You realize construction and improvements have already begun in high risk areas like Arizona, right?

(05-30-2018, 08:20 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 07:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re confused that Trump made a campaign promise he couldn’t keep?

Which part of the campaign promise are you scrutinizing? You realize construction and improvements have already begun in high risk areas like Arizona, right?
Mexico will pay for it? Hillary will be locked up?

And wasn't that construction already started before Trump got into office?

This "Wall" that he refers to will absolutely not be built.

(05-29-2018, 11:33 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 10:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote: In what other situation do you support a solution when the problem isn't clearly defined?

I know what a wall is, and I know what Trump wants when he says he will build a wall. The semantics are very clear.
Not sure where you've been, but the problem/root cause is very clear. The solution is multi-fold with a wall just being one piece of that solution.

Not questioning whether or not you know what "a" wall is, but whether or not you know what "this" wall is to be, along with it's infrastructure.

As far as where the illegal entered, it's been said before...doesn't matter and doesn't make it any more or less illegal. However, it does reinforce the belief that a porous border needs rapid improvement.

I am aware there is more to border security than a wall, but I also know if any funding bill does not include money for a physical wall Trump will oppose it. Not because it makes sense, not because it is essential, but because he made a promise designed to appeal to his base, and he clings to his base. When he talks about a wall, he means what he says. A physical wall. Billions of dollars because something sounds cool.

The OP cited a murder case and exclaimed "This is why we need a wall", it is ridiculous to say it doesn't matter how the the murderer entered the country.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-30-2018, 07:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Trump has a better record in keeping his campaign promises than any other recent POTUS, and unlike Obama Trump didn't have a filibuster-proof Senate in his first year. Funding for The Wall has to be approved in congress. He has done pretty-much everything that doesn't require a 60 vote Senate majority (and a few things that left wing activist judges stopped).

A physical wall will deter about 90% of the illegal crossings. It slows things down enough for the Border Patrol to respond to any invasion, and most foreigners who plan to cross the border illegally will not even try once the wall is built. Of course it will need to be continuously monitored, but cameras are cheap these days and software to detect activity means that the monitoring won't require a lot of manpower.

It won't stop those who fail to return after receiving an entry visa, and there need to be other methods in place (such as E-verify) for that. But even a 50% decrease overall in illegal entry is worth the cost of a wall.

I've seen major roadwork completed in 9 months when funding was limited to one fiscal year. Smile

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-30-2018, 10:48 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 11:33 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Not sure where you've been, but the problem/root cause is very clear. The solution is multi-fold with a wall just being one piece of that solution.

I am aware there is more to border security than a wall, but I also know if any funding bill does not include money for a physical wall Trump will oppose it. Not because it makes sense, not because it is essential, but because he made a promise designed to appeal to his base, and he clings to his base. When he talks about a wall, he means what he says. A physical wall. Billions of dollars because something sounds cool.

The OP cited a murder case and exclaimed "This is why we need a wall", it is ridiculous to say it doesn't matter how the the murderer entered the country.
A physical wall makes absolute sense, it is an essential tool, and he made a promise not to just his base but to all U.S. citizens that border security would improve. This isn't a difficult concept unless absolute disdain for the POTUS blocks reasonable comprehension. Mind you, this border issue is not new and some grand Trump scheme just to "appeal to his base" as you put it. This has been going on since 1990. Heck, Congress passed measure in 1996 and a Secure Fence Act in 2006. There have been numerous Congressional Research Service reports outlining border security requirements, shortfalls, and high-risk areas requiring immediate attention as per the DHS and USBP. Trump pushes forward with action and all the sudden it's his hairbrained concept. Please.

I believe your point of contention or question in an attempt to discredit the need for such a wall was stated as "where" did the illegal enter, not "how".

(05-30-2018, 11:50 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:48 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I am aware there is more to border security than a wall, but I also know if any funding bill does not include money for a physical wall Trump will oppose it. Not because it makes sense, not because it is essential, but because he made a promise designed to appeal to his base, and he clings to his base. When he talks about a wall, he means what he says. A physical wall. Billions of dollars because something sounds cool.

A physical wall makes absolute sense, it is an essential tool, and he made a promise not to just his base but to all U.S. citizens that border security would improve. This isn't a difficult concept unless absolute disdain for the POTUS blocks reasonable comprehension. Mind you, this border issue is not new and some grand Trump scheme just to "appeal to his base" as you put it. This has been going on since 1990. Heck, Congress passed measure in 1996 and a Secure Fence Act in 2006. There have been numerous Congressional Research Service reports outlining border security requirements, shortfalls, and high-risk areas requiring immediate attention as per the DHS and USBP. Trump pushes forward with action and all the sudden it's his hairbrained concept. Please.

I believe your point of contention or question in an attempt to discredit the need for such a wall was stated as "where" did the illegal enter, not "how".

In this case, the answer to "where" and "how" are the same, if it pertains to building a physical wall as a solution.

Where did I say building a wall was Trump's scheme? His "scheme" is to identify push-button issues that appeal to his base, and he pushes them, right or wrong. I doubt he has even read most of the legislation you linked. he has sycophants who tell him what will make him popular with enough people to serve his purposes. Yes, I have disdain for him, he's a slug.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-30-2018, 12:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:50 AM)B2hibry Wrote: A physical wall makes absolute sense, it is an essential tool, and he made a promise not to just his base but to all U.S. citizens that border security would improve. This isn't a difficult concept unless absolute disdain for the POTUS blocks reasonable comprehension. Mind you, this border issue is not new and some grand Trump scheme just to "appeal to his base" as you put it. This has been going on since 1990. Heck, Congress passed measure in 1996 and a Secure Fence Act in 2006. There have been numerous Congressional Research Service reports outlining border security requirements, shortfalls, and high-risk areas requiring immediate attention as per the DHS and USBP. Trump pushes forward with action and all the sudden it's his hairbrained concept. Please.

In this case, the answer to "where" and "how" are the same, if it pertains to building a physical wall as a solution.

Where did I say building a wall was Trump's scheme? His "scheme" is to identify push-button issues that appeal to his base, and he pushes them, right or wrong. I doubt he has even read most of the legislation you linked. he has sycophants who tell him what will make him popular with enough people to serve his purposes. Yes, I have disdain for him, he's a slug.
This is why he continues to bring up Hillary at every rally he has.

(05-30-2018, 12:27 PM)eatwood Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote: In this case, the answer to "where" and "how" are the same, if it pertains to building a physical wall as a solution.

This is why he continues to bring up Hillary at every rally he has.

Or because she continues to try and remain relevant by using the election loss, Trump, and the GOP as her platform. The irony here is that Trump doesn't need to appeal to his base to boost votes. He is so deep into the heads of the Dems that they will support any and all platforms contrary to anything pro-Trump, whether good or bad. It's amazing that nobody has figured out that ignoring Trump and supporting your own platforms raises the odds of getting someone else in the office. Instead, the Dems contrarian actions will once again get Trump elected (re-elected).

(05-30-2018, 12:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:27 PM)eatwood Wrote: This is why he continues to bring up Hillary at every rally he has.

Or because she continues to try and remain relevant by using the election loss, Trump, and the GOP as her platform. The irony here is that Trump doesn't need to appeal to his base to boost votes. He is so deep into the heads of the Dems that they will support any and all platforms contrary to anything pro-Trump, whether good or bad. It's amazing that nobody has figured out that ignoring Trump and supporting your own platforms raises the odds of getting someone else in the office. Instead, the Dems contrarian actions will once again get Trump elected (re-elected).

Man, do we see that in this forum!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-30-2018, 12:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:27 PM)eatwood Wrote: This is why he continues to bring up Hillary at every rally he has.

I haven't heard anything from Hillary in months. The only time I ever hear her name mentioned is when Trump brings her up, which is almost daily. He won. Her and Obama are gone, but he continually talks about them as though they are still campaign rivals. He needs to get over it and start negotiating with the Mexican president on when we should expect to see the check for the border wall. They faster Mexico hands over the money, the faster the construction can start.

(05-30-2018, 04:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Or because she continues to try and remain relevant by using the election loss, Trump, and the GOP as her platform. The irony here is that Trump doesn't need to appeal to his base to boost votes. He is so deep into the heads of the Dems that they will support any and all platforms contrary to anything pro-Trump, whether good or bad. It's amazing that nobody has figured out that ignoring Trump and supporting your own platforms raises the odds of getting someone else in the office. Instead, the Dems contrarian actions will once again get Trump elected (re-elected).

I haven't heard anything from Hillary in months. The only time I ever hear her name mentioned is when Trump brings her up, which is almost daily. He won. Her and Obama are gone, but he continually talks about them as though they are still campaign rivals. He needs to get over it and start negotiating with the Mexican president on when we should expect to see the check for the border wall. They faster Mexico hands over the money, the faster the construction can start.

That's pretty awesome that you are able to disconnect from the various U.S./World events. I imagine a lot less frustrating just doing you.

(05-30-2018, 05:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 04:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I haven't heard anything from Hillary in months. The only time I ever hear her name mentioned is when Trump brings her up, which is almost daily. He won. Her and Obama are gone, but he continually talks about them as though they are still campaign rivals. He needs to get over it and start negotiating with the Mexican president on when we should expect to see the check for the border wall. They faster Mexico hands over the money, the faster the construction can start.

That's pretty awesome that you are able to disconnect from the various U.S./World events. I imagine a lot less frustrating just doing you.

I don't feel disconnected at all. I get all the news I need from my local news channel, without all the bias.

(05-30-2018, 05:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 04:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I haven't heard anything from Hillary in months. The only time I ever hear her name mentioned is when Trump brings her up, which is almost daily. He won. Her and Obama are gone, but he continually talks about them as though they are still campaign rivals. He needs to get over it and start negotiating with the Mexican president on when we should expect to see the check for the border wall. They faster Mexico hands over the money, the faster the construction can start.

I don’t hear anything from her or Obama either but even so, why would he feel the need to continue talking about them?

Oh. I know. It’s because he’s petty.

(05-30-2018, 10:55 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 07:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re confused that Trump made a campaign promise he couldn’t keep?

Trump has a better record in keeping his campaign promises than any other recent POTUS, and unlike Obama Trump didn't have a filibuster-proof Senate in his first year. Funding for The Wall has to be approved in congress. He has done pretty-much everything that doesn't require a 60 vote Senate majority (and a few things that left wing activist judges stopped).

A physical wall will deter about 90% of the illegal crossings. It slows things down enough for the Border Patrol to respond to any invasion, and most foreigners who plan to cross the border illegally will not even try once the wall is built. Of course it will need to be continuously monitored, but cameras are cheap these days and software to detect activity means that the monitoring won't require a lot of manpower.

It won't stop those who fail to return after receiving an entry visa, and there need to be other methods in place (such as E-verify) for that. But even a 50% decrease overall in illegal entry is worth the cost of a wall.

I've seen major roadwork completed in 9 months when funding was limited to one fiscal year. Smile

Curious where you get that number from. Because I've seen reports showing it won't do much at all.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(05-30-2018, 05:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:55 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Trump has a better record in keeping his campaign promises than any other recent POTUS, and unlike Obama Trump didn't have a filibuster-proof Senate in his first year. Funding for The Wall has to be approved in congress. He has done pretty-much everything that doesn't require a 60 vote Senate majority (and a few things that left wing activist judges stopped).

Curious where you get that number from. Because I've seen reports showing it won't do much at all.

I gave an estimate. It's probably closer to 100%.  Your "reports" are clearly lying. The success of a physical barrier in Israel is proof of that.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2018, 07:58 PM by TJBender.)

(05-30-2018, 07:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 05:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Curious where you get that number from. Because I've seen reports showing it won't do much at all.

I gave an estimate. It's probably closer to 100%.  Your "reports" are clearly lying. The success of a physical barrier in Israel is proof of that.

Israel also has a disproportionately huge military presence, shoot on sight policies, a history of human rights abuses, zero civil liberties for anyone not born Israeli, and the type of ego that can only come from almost 70 years of state sponsored terrorism being sanctioned by a sympathetic West. They're a great role model if your goal is a country motivated by xenophobia and zionism with the illusion of "elections" every few years.

(05-30-2018, 07:56 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 07:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I gave an estimate. It's probably closer to 100%.  Your "reports" are clearly lying. The success of a physical barrier in Israel is proof of that.

Israel also has a disproportionately huge military presence, shoot on sight policies, a history of human rights abuses, zero civil liberties for anyone not born Israeli, and the type of ego that can only come from almost 70 years of state sponsored terrorism being sanctioned by a sympathetic West. They're a great role model if your goal is a country motivated by xenophobia and zionism with the illusion of "elections" every few years.

Yes, they ARE better than the Arabs could ever dream of being. You're right.