Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-05-2018, 01:27 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Let's move on from my crippling loniness and onto more happy grounds: First ever concert tonight! Start in 30 minutes. https://i.imgur.com/lIJNrNGr.jpg

1st ever concert?  Really?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-05-2018, 01:35 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 01:27 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Let's move on from my crippling loniness and onto more happy grounds: First ever concert tonight! Start in 30 minutes. https://i.imgur.com/lIJNrNGr.jpg

1st ever concert?  Really?

Yep got lucky too. GA tickets sold out in like 6 minutes.

(06-05-2018, 01:37 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 01:35 PM)copycat Wrote: 1st ever concert?  Really?

Yep got lucky too. GA tickets sold out in like 6 minutes.

What band?

(06-05-2018, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 01:37 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Yep got lucky too. GA tickets sold out in like 6 minutes.

What band?

Babymetal.

You’ve never been to a concert before? Are they not a big thing over there?

(06-05-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 09:52 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You need a girlfriend, then you wouldn’t be spending so much time in the theater by yourself. They have Match.com or something like it over there? Let’s get you a woman!

Did you read about his Tinder experience?

Yes, but you’ve got to get back up on the horse when you’ve been thrown!! Of course, he’ll probably end up dating a few that look like a horse...but it’s better than staying home alone!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018, 10:13 AM by The Drifter.)

(06-05-2018, 03:34 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

(06-05-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Did you read about his Tinder experience?

Yes, but you’ve got to get back up on the horse when you’ve been thrown!! Of course, he’ll probably end up dating a few that look like a horse...but it’s better than staying home alone!

All girls looks alike when they're down on their knees............
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(06-05-2018, 03:34 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

(06-05-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Did you read about his Tinder experience?

Plenty of concerts here, I'm just not a concert person. I don't like music all that much, hate dancing, and also not a fan of large crowds in small spaces. I made an exception for this one though because they don't make it over here often and when they do it's almost always part of a bigger festival. I might not get another chance to see a dedicated performance like this one.

(06-05-2018, 02:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What band?

Babymetal.
There's a band called Babymetal?!

(06-05-2018, 02:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What band?

Babymetal.

I had a sneaky suspicion. lol
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-06-2018, 08:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 02:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Babymetal.

Yep. They're really good, you should check them out if you're even remotely into metal. Though if you're into metal at all there's a good chance you'd have heard of them before.

I got tickets for Incubus in London (September) the other day.. I'm going with a friend of mine.. London is about 70 miles from me so we're going on the train.. we tend to hit the drink hard when we go out together..

Very excited for this night.. it'll be my first venture away for the night (apart from night shifts) since my little lady was born..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(06-06-2018, 08:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 02:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Babymetal.

Fronted by three young Asian girls. Knowing that, you should be Jack's complete lack of surprise as to why DF likes them.

(06-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: There's a band called Babymetal?!

Fronted by three young Asian girls. Knowing that, you should be Jack's complete lack of surprise as to why DF likes them.

If I didn't like the music first I really wouldn't care at all and certainly not enough to go see an actual concert.

(06-06-2018, 04:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Fronted by three young Asian girls. Knowing that, you should be Jack's complete lack of surprise as to why DF likes them.

If I didn't like the music first I really wouldn't care at all and certainly not enough to go see an actual concert.

Sure, but if it was three fat guys fronting it, I doubt you'd be as interested. 

I will say this about them, their songs are well crafted and their recordings are masterfully mixed. It's interesting to me what metal has become, specifically metal with thrash/death metal guitar riffs. I grew up in the death metal capitol, back in the very beginning of the genre. I've partied with the guys from Death, Morbid Angel and Obituary. Never in a million years would have predicted anything like Babymetal.

(06-06-2018, 04:45 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 04:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: If I didn't like the music first I really wouldn't care at all and certainly not enough to go see an actual concert.

Sure, but if it was three fat guys fronting it, I doubt you'd be as interested. 

I will say this about them, their songs are well crafted and their recordings are masterfully mixed. It's interesting to me what metal has become, specifically metal with thrash/death metal guitar riffs. I grew up in the death metal capitol, back in the very beginning of the genre. I've partied with the guys from Death, Morbid Angel and Obituary. Never in a million years would have predicted anything like Babymetal.

Fair point.

(06-06-2018, 05:32 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 04:45 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Sure, but if it was three fat guys fronting it, I doubt you'd be as interested. 

Fair point.

I think most guys would rather watch three cute Asian chicks on stage than the offered alternative. 

Although, I did enjoy watching Rush. But they're not heavy metal...or fat.

(06-06-2018, 05:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 05:32 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Fair point.

I think most guys would rather watch three cute Asian chicks on stage than the offered alternative. 

Although, I did enjoy watching Rush. But they're not heavy metal...or fat.

Yeah but that one guy had that stupid goatee and terms of attractiveness that's basically the same as being fat.

I finally got my NitroCat!

(06-07-2018, 01:47 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I finally got my NitroCat!

Way to go!

(nudges MB and asks in a whisper “What’s a NitroCat?)

(06-07-2018, 07:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 01:47 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I finally got my NitroCat!

Way to go!

(nudges MB and asks in a whisper “What’s a NitroCat?)

It's an impact wrench. Or to call it by its better name: an Ugga Dugga.