Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Dakota named forum?

Thumbs Up  (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 02:01 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

When is this going to happen? He deserves it and is definitely Jaguar HOF! Hell I'm a divisional rival fan and this guy meant a lot to me. He deserves to be enshrined...make it happen jags  Cool

God knows he deserves it (he saved my life)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 02:11 AM by wrong_box.)

(06-11-2018, 01:56 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: When is this going to happen? He deserves it and is definitely Jaguar HOF! Hell I'm a divisional rival fan and this guy meant a lot to me. He deserves to be enshrined...make it happen jags  Cool

Maybe "Dakota's Den"? IDK but he was a really good dude

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 02:52 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-11-2018, 02:10 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 01:56 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: When is this going to happen? He deserves it and is definitely Jaguar HOF! Hell I'm a divisional rival fan and this guy meant a lot to me. He deserves to be enshrined...make it happen jags  Cool

Maybe "Dakota's Den"? IDK but he was a really good dude

Yes he was, I have beat cancer twice now and he helped me through it all...somethings are bigger than divisioal rivalries and football...he definitely was "a really good dude".

Maybe "Dokota's division talk" IDK

(06-11-2018, 03:00 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Maybe "Dokota's division talk" IDK

I was thinking more than just football for his forum...He was a family man so I was thinking maybe a forum about family life or something other than football...maybe just a place to hang out and talk about anything IDK

I mean, he was one of the few who could talk to anyone concerning just about anything and not offend them. Maybe the political forum? Or just change the whole "other stuff" section of the MB into "Dakota;s Den."

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 12:42 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

What about Dakota's Safe Space where we can go when we feel like we're being bullied on this forum.

I need my safe space !!!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Maybe we could do a Message Board HOF and pin it to the top of Fargin's like the old Jaguar Fan map thread. We could have a nomination process and poll thread then add the users to the pinned HOF post along with an induction description detailing why the person was elected. That would be better than trying to name a forum for each person who we want to memorialize IMO. We could even have a seniors committee for those posters who are frequently named in the "what ever happened to..." type threads that newer members don't know.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2018, 10:28 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I mean, he was one of the few who could talk to anyone concerning just about anything and not offend them. Maybe the political forum? Or just change the whole "other stuff" section of the MB into "Dakota;s Den."

The Political Forum in particular being named in Memory of Dakota jumps out favorably because it reflects how strongly Dakota stood up for what he thought was right, regardless of how popular his opinion was.  It was a reflection of Dakota being a strong leader.   

Because Dakota was a positive difference maker in so many different ways,  all of the potential options mentioned previously in this thread would be good ones.

I concur with the Political forum.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(06-11-2018, 01:52 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I concur with the Political forum.

In that case I suggest "Dakota's House of Sin".

I think he deserves better than to have his name hanging over that bastion of hate and fear.

(06-11-2018, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe we could do a Message Board HOF and pin it to the top of Fargin's like the old Jaguar Fan map thread. We could have a nomination process and poll thread then add the users to the pinned HOF post along with an induction description detailing why the person was elected. That would be better than trying to name a forum for each person who we want to memorialize IMO. We could even have a seniors committee for those posters who are frequently named in the "what ever happened to..." type threads that newer members don't know.

so pretty much like the Pride on the wall at the Stadium?

(06-11-2018, 02:01 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 12:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe we could do a Message Board HOF and pin it to the top of Fargin's like the old Jaguar Fan map thread. We could have a nomination process and poll thread then add the users to the pinned HOF post along with an induction description detailing why the person was elected. That would be better than trying to name a forum for each person who we want to memorialize IMO. We could even have a seniors committee for those posters who are frequently named in the "what ever happened to..." type threads that newer members don't know.

so pretty much like the Pride on the wall at the Stadium?

Yes, exactly.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-11-2018, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think he deserves better than to have his name hanging over that bastion of hate and fear.

What if we set up an LGBT Forum under Dakota's name to illustrate acceptance and equality.  That's noble.

(06-11-2018, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think he deserves better than to have his name hanging over that bastion of hate and fear.

What if we set up an LGBT Forum under Dakota's name to illustrate acceptance and equality.  That's noble.

Pot stirrer!

This is not a bad idea at all.

I like this idea. Would be pretty awesome to do a HOF for the opposite as well. Perma banned people and such. Jdub, TMD, Every pats fan from last year.

I support this

This idea has potential.  I'm up for hearing other ideas.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I like this a lot.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...