Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags showing interest in potential supplemental draftee CB Brandon Bryant

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2018, 05:01 PM by knarnn.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ams-monday

Quote: With representatives from 14 NFL clubs on hand, Bryant ran official 40-yard dash times of 4.45 and 4.52, vertical jumped 34 inches and turned in a broad jump of 10-3. In agility drills, he ran 3-cone drill times of 7.26 and 7.52, with a 20-yard shuttle clocking of 4.23. He opted not to perform in the bench press. 

Scouts from the Atlanta FalconsOakland RaidersBaltimore RavensNew Orleans SaintsHouston TexansPittsburgh SteelersLos Angeles RamsCleveland BrownsNew York JetsWashington RedskinsIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsSan Francisco 49ers and New York Giants were on hand for the morning workout.

[font=sans-serif]A host of clubs met with Bryant privately on Sunday, and following his workout, several more pulled him aside, including the RedskinsTexansSteelersColtsJaguars and 49ers.[/font]

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They are just doing their due diligence. With Colvin gone the reserves can always be upgraded.

I don't think we pull the trigger.

Adonis Alexander is also in the supplemental draft, and likely will be selected. He's a 6'2 195 CB that played at Va Tech.

(06-26-2018, 08:02 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Adonis Alexander is also in the supplemental draft, and likely will be selected.  He's a 6'2 195 CB that played at Va Tech.

I would be much more interested in him than Bryant, if they're going to participate at all.

Alexander worked out for 26 teams.  I'd hope we weren't one of the very few who didn't attend.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(06-26-2018, 02:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They are just doing their due diligence. With Colvin gone the reserves can always be upgraded.

Based on what?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2018, 11:32 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

He may be the only football player in SEC history to have academic issues.  There must have been other issues since most can achieve a 3.85 GPA by just being within 10 miles of the campus on weekdays.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2018, 12:28 PM by Caldrac.)

I like the fact that our team is at least showing interest in upgrading or adding pieces to the depth chart at a position that we know is pretty deep and easily the best unit in the NFL going into 2018. They've come a long way in short order. It's impressive.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

CB starters today, including nickel, are Ramsey, Bouye, and Hayden. The depth beyond these 3 starting guys is not very impressive, with Patmon, Myrick, McDougle, Seamster, and 3 undrafted rookies. In my opinion, the longer term prognosis for Bryant or Alexander would be better than any of these existing depth guys.

(06-26-2018, 01:12 PM)ATLjag Wrote: CB starters today, including nickel, are Ramsey, Bouye, and Hayden.  The depth beyond these 3 starting guys is not very impressive, with Patmon, Myrick, McDougle, Seamster, and 3 undrafted rookies.  In my opinion, the longer term prognosis for Bryant or Alexander would be better than any of these existing depth guys.

I think if Myrick would perform well if called upon

I suppose it comes down to what they saw out of S and CB in camp. Yes, it's shorts - but you do get to see progression and assignment (are they where they should be and doing what they should consistently.)

Historically few are selected and fewer contribute from supplemental. Teams typically only select if they feel there's an instant contributor.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Apparently Myrick gets burned alot in camp. Think Kaye said it was Patmon then Hayden then Seamster based off of level of play

(06-26-2018, 10:25 AM)PF* Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 02:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They are just doing their due diligence. With Colvin gone the reserves can always be upgraded.

Based on what?

I just don't think we pull the trigger.

(06-27-2018, 01:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 10:25 AM)PF* Wrote: Based on what?

They most likely will pull the trigger, who wouldn't? It just probably won't be a high enough pick to win. Put a 6th pr 7th round pick on them. If they would have been graded high for next year's draft, then a 6/7th is worth it now.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The focus has been on the wrong CB. Sam Beal is the prize of this supplemental draft, especially after testing well today. We should bid our 2nd rounder IMO, the best guesses are that he'll go late 2nd/early 3rd.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 11:56 AM by knarnn.)

(06-28-2018, 01:37 PM)Upper Wrote: The focus has been on the wrong CB. Sam Beal is the prize of this supplemental draft, especially after testing well today. We should bid our 2nd rounder IMO, the best guesses are that he'll go late 2nd/early 3rd.

Yeah, looks like Gil Brandt is thinking 3rd as well. My only issue with him is size (mass) and the fact that he’s only played RCB, but otherwise looks like a clean prospect.

https://twitter.com/gil_brandt/status/10...02592?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(06-26-2018, 01:59 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 01:12 PM)ATLjag Wrote: CB starters today, including nickel, are Ramsey, Bouye, and Hayden.  The depth beyond these 3 starting guys is not very impressive, with Patmon, Myrick, McDougle, Seamster, and 3 undrafted rookies.  In my opinion, the longer term prognosis for Bryant or Alexander would be better than any of these existing depth guys.
Patmon has shown flashes before, but hasn't gotten many chances in game action. At 27 years old, he'd better hurry up and do so.

I think if Myrick would perform well if called upon
Someone, maybe Caldwell, is on record as saying that the only reason Myrick made the team last year is that they were afraid someone else would claim him for his speed.

(06-28-2018, 01:37 PM)Upper Wrote: The focus has been on the wrong CB. Sam Beal is the prize of this supplemental draft, especially after testing well today. We should bid our 2nd rounder IMO, the best guesses are that he'll go late 2nd/early 3rd.
Supplemental draft picks are in the supplemental draft for a reason. Maybe several reasons. Spending any kind of early pick on one is a very risky proposition. These are guys who are so dumb that they can't maintain academic eligibility in programs designed to guarantee them a 3.0 for waking up in the morning, have so many medical problems that the NCAA denied their sixth year of eligibility, got themselves kicked off the team by fighting a coach or are a DUI (or six) waiting to happen.

Supplemental draft picks are rarely worth the trouble, and imo spending more than a fifth or sixth round pick on a guy is preparing to be burned.

I wouldn't worry about it.

(07-01-2018, 01:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: Supplemental draft picks are rarely worth the trouble, and imo spending more than a fifth or sixth round pick on a guy is preparing to be burned.

I agree, and this appears to be one of those times that is rare.

(06-27-2018, 01:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 10:25 AM)PF* Wrote: Based on what?

I actually do see Caldwell putting in a claim, but I'm doubting it will be high enough given our draft position. We'd probably have to go a round higher then we'd want to, but Caldwell isn't typically one to reach for players in the draft. 
'02

(07-02-2018, 09:20 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 01:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I just don't think we pull the trigger.

I actually do see Caldwell putting in a claim, but I'm doubting it will be high enough given our draft position. We'd probably have to go a round higher then we'd want to, but Caldwell isn't typically one to reach for players in the draft. 

I will say this...due to Caldwell's ability to find great defensive players in Ramsey, Jack, Yannick, Jackson, etc..i trust him