Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FIFA World Cup 2018

This game between England and Belgium is more fun to watch than i thought. I know they are not playing all their first team starters but it is still very back and forth. Entertaining for sure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-28-2018, 02:56 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: This game between England and Belgium is more fun to watch than i thought. I know they are not playing all their first team starters but it is still very back and forth. Entertaining for sure.

Belgium was really patient and bided their time. I thought England was aggressive (which I liked.)  The next round has some really intriguing games. 

Brazil v. Mexico
Portugal v. Uruguay 
France v. Argentina

I know Argentina hasn't played well, but they have talent and the best/2nd (depending on who you ask)  best player in the world. They are dangerous if they start to put things together.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 04:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-28-2018, 02:51 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 01:29 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: I'm leaving Lisbon and heading to Cabo Verde Africa tomorrow. They are a Portuguese speaking nation and former colony (and apparently big Portugal fans) so I guess I'm going to keep pulling for Portugal. I think that matchup with Uruguay will be a good match.

The World Cup is so fun here (Europe.)  Everyone crowded around TV's in the city, jerseys everywhere. Good time.

Oh, and Lisbon = awesome. Highly recommended for those looking for a trip. Inexpensive, beautiful, great music. Wonderful city.

I am jealous. I just watched something on Lisbon. Looks amazing. I think Portugal will match up well against Uruguay. They will play into their scheme a little better than Iran does. Iran played the same style ball as Port( sit back, counter attack, keep the gam in front of you while not letting the opposition get in behind you.) I think this is why they struggled.

I travel worldwide all of the time on less than $30 ---- in fact, i'm heading there tonight (see below).  Google Earth + 1 Bottle = Paradise

https://earth.google.com/web/@38.7433091...Ym9hGAIgAQ

[Image: Zaya_Gran_Reserva_12-Year_Rum.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2018, 04:53 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

(06-28-2018, 04:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 02:51 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I am jealous. I just watched something on Lisbon. Looks amazing. I think Portugal will match up well against Uruguay. They will play into their scheme a little better than Iran does. Iran played the same style ball as Port( sit back, counter attack, keep the gam in front of you while not letting the opposition get in behind you.) I think this is why they struggled.

I travel worldwide all of the time on less than $30 ---- in fact, i'm heading there tonight (see below)

Well done! Smile
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I like this draw for the knockout stages.

Not only does it mean England avoids Brazil, Portugal, France, but it sets up what could be the game of the tournament - Belgium vs Brazil.

Who doesn’t want to see Neymar, Coutinho etc go up against Hazard, De Bruyne and co?

(06-29-2018, 01:26 AM)Andy G Wrote: I like this draw for the knockout stages.

Not only does it mean England avoids Brazil, Portugal, France, but it sets up what could be the game of the tournament - Belgium vs Brazil.

Who doesn’t want to see Neymar, Coutinho etc go up against Hazard, De Bruyne and co?

Honestly I think Mexico will upset Brazil. Brazil hasn't shown me anything special yet.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 06:24 AM by Gettin' Jaggy with it.)

(06-28-2018, 04:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 02:51 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I am jealous. I just watched something on Lisbon. Looks amazing. I think Portugal will match up well against Uruguay. They will play into their scheme a little better than Iran does. Iran played the same style ball as Port( sit back, counter attack, keep the gam in front of you while not letting the opposition get in behind you.) I think this is why they struggled.

I travel worldwide all of the time on less than $30 ---- in fact, i'm heading there tonight (see below).  Google Earth + 1 Bottle = Paradise

Zaya! By far my favorite rum.

(06-28-2018, 04:32 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 02:56 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: This game between England and Belgium is more fun to watch than i thought. I know they are not playing all their first team starters but it is still very back and forth. Entertaining for sure.

Belgium was really patient and bided their time. I thought England was aggressive (which I liked.)  The next round has some really intriguing games. 

Brazil v. Mexico
Portugal v. Uruguay 
France v. Argentina

I know Argentina hasn't played well, but they have talent and the best/2nd (depending on who you ask)  best player in the world. They are dangerous if they start to put things together.

And all three of those matches are on the same side of the bracket. Brutal.

(06-29-2018, 04:07 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 01:26 AM)Andy G Wrote: I like this draw for the knockout stages.

Honestly I think Mexico will upset Brazil. Brazil hasn't shown me anything special yet.

It’s possible, but think Brazil looked pretty good in that last game against Serbia and they have one or two players who are really special.

After their opening result against Germany, I don’t think Mexico have been as impressive.

(06-29-2018, 05:26 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 04:07 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Honestly I think Mexico will upset Brazil. Brazil hasn't shown me anything special yet.

It’s possible, but think Brazil looked pretty good in that last game against Serbia and they have one or two players who are really special.

After their opening result against Germany, I don’t think Mexico have been as impressive.

I am with you but i think that if Mexico can frustrate them, the way they did Germany, they may be able to come out on top in similar fashion. I think it will take a park the bus and counter philosophy which i don't know if they have. Brazil has a lot of talent at all three phases(defense, mid, and forward) but i think that can still be made venerable if you contain their star players. 

Ultimately i don't see it happening. But this tourney has had bigger surprises so i wouldn't be shocked.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 09:33 PM by CAPTAIN.)

There’s no way Mexico is beating Brazil.

And this is coming from an el tri follower.

Allez, Les Blues!

Messi is world champion quality. Argentina is not.

Argentina out. Portugal out. Today was a good day.

Spain doing what Spain does best; whining and complaining to the ref, even if the decision is completely clear.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 12:46 PM by JagsorDie.)

SPain out.... wow. Never saw this one coming

(06-29-2018, 09:26 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: There’s no way Mexico is beating Brazil.

And this is coming from an el tri follower.

I would have said the same thing about Spain and Russia and yet here are.

There's something really quite wonderful about seeing Sergio Ramos crying.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

France over Argentina, not a huge surprise. Uruguay over Portugal, not a huge surprise. But Russia over Spain, what the hell is that. I would have laughed in your face if you would have tossed that one out there.

Maybe if Spain actually made some passes attacking towards the goal....

That game was so boring outside of the PKs.

(07-01-2018, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Maybe if Spain actually made some passes attacking towards the goal....

That game was so boring outside of the PKs.

Agreed but it doesn't make the outcome any less suprising. Spain completely owned the additional 30min, Russia even admitted that. That was "parking the bus" at its finest. Snooze fest with a comical outcome. 70th ranked team beating the 10th in the world.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 02:05 PM by JagsorDie.)

What a start for Denmark. Wow less than a minute and we have a goal.

Holy [BLEEP]... and Croatia scores 2 minutes later