Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
North Korea begins returning remains of missing US troops from Korean War, Trump says

Continuing to believe everything a pathological liar says without verifying it absolutely makes you a sucker. Sorry.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-05-2018, 12:37 PM)Kotite Wrote: Continuing to believe everything a pathological liar says without verifying it absolutely makes you a sucker. Sorry.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-05-2018, 01:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 12:37 PM)Kotite Wrote: Continuing to believe everything a pathological liar says without verifying it absolutely makes you a sucker. Sorry.

If your point was that both statements apply to Kotite, touche'.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

So then.. Per the article, when Trump referenced 200 had been returned, it was clearly a lie.

And not one of you has called him on it.

That is the point. This guy lies so often, you not only expect it, you accept it. And you willingly choose to accept everything he says as the truth at the moment it leaves his mouth. That you cannot realize the flaw and danger in that is beyond me.

From "the biggest inauguration ever," you have been allowing yourself to swallow whatever he says. Would a "very stable genius" misspell countless words or stare into a [BLEEP] eclipse? What won't you believe if all this guy has to do is say it? So long as it makes Democrats mad, you think it's good. He promises the cleanest water while approving coal mines to dump waste in rivers. Trumpsters are a cult. How else could you explain swallowing lies daily and accepting them as truth?

(07-05-2018, 07:31 PM)Kotite Wrote: So then.. Per the article, when Trump referenced 200 had been returned, it was clearly a lie.

That is the point. This guy lies so often, you not only expect it, you accept it. And you willingly choose to accept everything he says as the truth at the moment it leaves his mouth. That you cannot realize the flaw and danger in that is beyond me.

From "the biggest inauguration ever," you have been allowing yourself to swallow whatever he says. Would a "very stable genius" misspell countless words or stare into a [BLEEP] eclipse? What won't you believe if all this guy has to do is say it? So long as it makes Democrats mad, you think it's good. He promises the cleanest water while approving coal mines to dump waste in rivers. Trumpsters are a cult. How else could you explain swallowing lies daily and accepting them as truth?

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

The Benghazi attack was started because of a YouTube video.

Both of those lies had actual consequences. "Biggest inauguration ever" had no consequences. Neither did "200 had been returned."

You really need to find another source besides Facebook.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-05-2018, 07:58 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 07:31 PM)Kotite Wrote: So then.. Per the article, when Trump referenced 200 had been returned, it was clearly a lie.

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

Both of those lies had actual consequences. "Biggest inauguration ever" had no consequences. Neither did "200 had been returned."

When your only defense of a liar is to claim another's lies are bigger, you essentially concede the point, and then reveal something about how you feel about the country's leadership when you say it doesn't matter.

Maybe the two lies you cite had no consequence, but there are consequences when a POTUS lies for no other reason than to puff his chest.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-04-2018, 09:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 08:49 PM)lastonealive Wrote: the cultists don't do reasoned debates. It's all very Hannity. Left this and fake news that.

You don't get sucked in by reality TV stars if you are more reasoned.

Lol, you had more ground for your position when the Failure Obama was in charge. Today Trump brings success to America.

what success? He's also seen as a massive joke pretty much everywhere.

(07-05-2018, 09:34 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 07:58 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

When your only defense of a liar is to claim another's lies are bigger, you essentially concede the point, and then reveal something about how you feel about the country's leadership when you say it doesn't matter.

Maybe the two lies you cite had no consequence, but there are consequences when a POTUS lies for no other reason than to puff his chest.

Yes. Our self-anointed rulers all lie. That's how I feel about the country's leadership, both parties, and especially the establishment. What's your point? 

Do you really disagree that some lies are far worse than just puffing your chest?

And those were the two Trump lies Kotite cited, I did not choose them. I notice you didn't criticize Kotite for failing to answer my points and changing the subject. I also notice you didn't concede that the US got something already out of the negotiations after I pointed that out.

The main point about the return of the remains of missing American troops is that we need to wait and see. Most posters here agree with this. Those who are quick to claim total failure by Trump on a subject that has been an ongoing problem since 1951 are a textbook example of TDS.

(07-05-2018, 10:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 09:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you had more ground for your position when the Failure Obama was in charge. Today Trump brings success to America.

what success? He's also seen as a massive joke pretty much everywhere.

Here you go: List of Trump's First Year Success

Here's an additional list for you to peruse, though I doubt you will; too many triggers in there for your delicate sensibilities: Trump's Accomplishments to Date

And we don't care how he's seen as long as those kinds of successes keep on rolling in. I mean, when America is strong it just makes other countries feel bad and they break out in Kotite-itis.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 11:14 PM by mikesez.)

(07-05-2018, 11:03 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 09:34 PM)rollerjag Wrote: When your only defense of a liar is to claim another's lies are bigger, you essentially concede the point, and then reveal something about how you feel about the country's leadership when you say it doesn't matter.

Yes. Our self-anointed rulers all lie. That's how I feel about the country's leadership, both parties, and especially the establishment. What's your point? 

Do you really disagree that some lies are far worse than just puffing your chest?

And those were the two Trump lies Kotite cited, I did not choose them. I notice you didn't criticize Kotite for failing to answer my points and changing the subject. I also notice you didn't concede that the US got something already out of the negotiations after I pointed that out.

The main point about the return of the remains of missing American troops is that we need to wait and see. Most posters here agree with this. Those who are quick to claim total failure by Trump on a subject that has been an ongoing problem since 1951 are a textbook example of TDS.

To be fair, Trump lying about his crowd size is silly but not consequential on its own, but are Obama's lies more or less consequential or serious?
When his admin blamed the Benghazi attack on a video: The brave men who were lost in Benghazi were already dead when the lie was told. Did the lie change anything? The press outed the lie right away.
Obama's "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" was never true of course - neither before his law nor after.  Insurance companies dropped both doctors and patients before, now they only drop doctors.  No one but the very richest of us who might pay for medical care directly ever had any assurance that we could keep our doctor if we liked our doctor.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-05-2018, 11:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:03 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes. Our self-anointed rulers all lie. That's how I feel about the country's leadership, both parties, and especially the establishment. What's your point? 

To be fair, Trump lying about his crowd size is silly but not consequential on its own, but are Obama's lies more or less consequential or serious?
When his admin blamed the Benghazi attack on a video: The brave men who were lost in Benghazi were already dead when the lie was told. 
Obama's "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" was never true of course - neither before his law nor after.  Insurance companies dropped both doctors and patients before, now they only drop doctors.  No one but the very richest of us who might pay for medical care directly ever had any assurance that we could keep our doctor if we liked our doctor.

I think this was extremely consequential, the kind of Banana Republic [BLEEP] that Obama should be remembered for:

[Image: helluva-perp-walk-for-a-probat.jpg?h=288&w=350]

(07-05-2018, 11:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:03 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes. Our self-anointed rulers all lie. That's how I feel about the country's leadership, both parties, and especially the establishment. What's your point? 

When his admin blamed the Benghazi attack on a video: The brave men who were lost in Benghazi were already dead when the lie was told. Did the lie change anything? The press outed the lie right away.

The filmmaker who was arrested on trumped up charges might disagree about the Benghazi lie not being consequential.

The "doctor" lie helped push through a law that penalized the working class by roughly doubling the out-of-pocket cost of their medical insurance. As an example, ours went from a $250 deductible to a $2500 deductible. I'd say that was rather consequential too.

(07-05-2018, 11:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: To be fair, Trump lying about his crowd size is silly but not consequential on its own, but are Obama's lies more or less consequential or serious?

The filmmaker who was arrested on trumped up charges might disagree about the Benghazi lie not being consequential.

The "doctor" lie helped push through a law that penalized the working class by roughly doubling the out-of-pocket cost of their medical insurance. As an example, ours went from a $250 deductible to a $2500 deductible. I'd say that was rather consequential too.

But you got to help spread your wealth around, you should be thankful!

(07-05-2018, 11:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: To be fair, Trump lying about his crowd size is silly but not consequential on its own, but are Obama's lies more or less consequential or serious?

The filmmaker was arrested on trumped-up charges, but it wasn't because of the Benghazi attack. you have to remember that a few hours before the Benghazi attack there was a protest by unarmed people at our Embassy in Egypt. And that protest actually was motivated by the video. 

Obamacare did nothing specifically to raise deductibles or out-of-pocket costs. that trend was set starting in 2003 and 2005 with laws signed by Bush 43. the Bush Administration genuinely felt that more people having higher deductibles would be good for everybody. That Bush's former allies would turn around 5 years later and blame somebody from the other party for high deductibles was one of the more hypocritical political scenes of the last decade.

(07-06-2018, 07:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The filmmaker who was arrested on trumped up charges might disagree about the Benghazi lie not being consequential.

The filmmaker was arrested on trumped-up charges, but it wasn't because of the Benghazi attack. you have to remember that a few hours before the Benghazi attack there was a protest by unarmed people at our Embassy in Egypt. And that protest actually was motivated by the video. 

Obamacare did nothing specifically to raise deductibles or out-of-pocket costs. that trend was set starting in 2003 and 2005 with laws signed by Bush 43. the Bush Administration genuinely felt that more people having higher deductibles would be good for everybody. That Bush's former allies would turn around 5 years later and blame somebody from the other party for high deductibles was one of the more hypocritical political scenes of the last decade.
I have seen no intel or hearings that state the attacks escalated out of a protest. All accounts state it was a planned attack. 

Obamacare deductibles versus Bush deductibles are not similar. Obamacare high-deductibles are an effect of “forced limitation” market healthcare. The Bush high-deductibles were a group of plans offered by “choice” with certain tax benefits and usually in association with Health Savings Accounts. Bush was attempting to expand the healthcare market through several varieties of interstate plans. Obamacare, whether intentional or not, did everything possible to limit the market. The Heritage Foundation does a decent job of breaking down the Bush healthcare agenda.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(06-27-2018, 01:59 PM)pirkster Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/world...korea.html

Since it was ignored purposefully when first posted, the link above explains the process.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 12:31 PM by mikesez.)

(07-06-2018, 10:07 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 07:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: The filmmaker was arrested on trumped-up charges, but it wasn't because of the Benghazi attack. you have to remember that a few hours before the Benghazi attack there was a protest by unarmed people at our Embassy in Egypt. And that protest actually was motivated by the video. 

I have seen no intel or hearings that state the attacks escalated out of a protest. All accounts state it was a planned attack. 

Obamacare deductibles versus Bush deductibles are not similar. Obamacare high-deductibles are an effect of “forced limitation” market healthcare. The Bush high-deductibles were a group of plans offered by “choice” with certain tax benefits and usually in association with Health Savings Accounts. Bush was attempting to expand the healthcare market through several varieties of interstate plans. Obamacare, whether intentional or not, did everything possible to limit the market. The Heritage Foundation does a decent job of breaking down the Bush healthcare agenda.

The best intel we have indeed says that the Benghazi attacks were planned and had nothing to do with the video.
However, the video caused a big protest in Cairo on the same day, that also put Americans in danger.  But, fortunately, no Americans died as a result there. The danger in Cairo was reduced by our government appearing to punish the man who made the video.

If that's your justification for our government's abuse of the video maker, that's just sick.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-06-2018, 12:54 PM)pirkster Wrote: If that's your justification for our government's abuse of the video maker, that's just sick.

I'm just repeating the excuse gave by the government at the time. Another poster said he was punished as a result of Obama's lies about BeGhazi.  That's incorrect  His punishment had nothing to do with BenGhazi, and everything to do with Cairo. Thats my only point.

(07-06-2018, 07:36 AM)mikesez Wrote: The filmmaker was arrested on trumped-up charges, but it wasn't because of the Benghazi attack. you have to remember that a few hours before the Benghazi attack there was a protest by unarmed people at our Embassy in Egypt. And that protest actually was motivated by the video. 

I'm not sure of the relevance because they knew, from the beginning, that the attack on Benghazi was not motivated by the video.