Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

(08-20-2018, 12:31 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 12:13 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Romeo Crennel stepped back from D.C. to give Vrabel his shot to run the show and make the calls. Stop being a idiot, he isnt going to step in and strip that responsibility in season during year one. Crennel was already trying to pass the torch (He's 71 yo), he wasn't trying to have to step back in during the season. Vrabel was going to get his chance to sink or swim..he sunk, but your braintrust still pulled him out of the water regardless. A decision I still don't understand, seriously tell me what this guy had on his resume that warranted a shot at a HCing job? Especially after last season.

As far as O'Brien, why the hell are you even bringing him up.. He doesn't coach defense. But if you do want to compare the two as to the type of influence a head coach will have on his side of the ball.. O'Brien fired our offensive coordinator after 2016 and took total control which is why we don't have a O.C. now. Vrabel is going to have input on that side of the ball as well..especially since this is his first HC job and he tries to prove himself.

So romeo and obrien were twiddling thumbs then?

For the most part Crennel was.. they slapped him with a job title and he took a back seat to let Vrabel run the defense.. Crennel wasn't even on the sidelines with the team on game days.

O'Brien wasn't..like I said, he ran the offense..his side of the ball. AGAIN, he's not a defensive coach.

Also you didn't answer my question.. what on Vrabel's resume warranted him a shot at a HC job?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-20-2018, 12:55 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 12:31 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: So romeo and obrien were twiddling thumbs then?

For the most part Crennel was.. they slapped him with a job title and he took a back seat to let Vrabel run the defense.. Crennel wasn't even on the sidelines with the team on game days.

O'Brien wasn't..like I said, he ran the offense..his side of the ball. AGAIN, he's not a defensive coach.

Also you didn't answer my question.. what on Vrabel's resume warranted him a shot at a HC 

I didnt hire him. .
Think he's put together a good staff though. I'm more than happy to give him a chance before saying he sucks. I gave mularkey a chance knowing he sucks. So we'll see. Going to be a fun season in this division..
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(08-19-2018, 08:09 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:55 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Highest rated QB in the preseason, I'm sure it'll continue right through the Superbowl. Great job throwing a behind the line of scrimmage pass to an uncovered side of the field.

Bortles was reduced to nothing but screen passes and check downs. The coaches were worried he was going to hit another defender in the numbers and they wouldn’t be able to get his confidence back up.

So they went with the mariota gameplan is what you're saying, kind of surprised they didn't pull him as soon as something positive happened, then.

(08-19-2018, 08:18 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 12:59 PM)TackHammer56 Wrote:   Dude.....Vrabel sucked as D cord!!
I can promise you there is nothing but elation among Texans fans about getting back Rac.

Well, elation and common parental DNA, but what’s your point? He’s no longer defensive coordinator of a Texans team that couldn’t keep their offense on the field, and nor is he defensive coordinator of the Titans. Vrabel is a question mark to Titans fans himself, but he has hired a great coaching staff, which is the main thing Titans fans are excited about. Listening to Texans fans intensely bemoan about his inadequacies with the Texans is just gravy on the side.

Just giving you a heads up.
If he was a bad D cord what makes you think he'll make a good head coach?
   I just wouldnt expect to much from him.

Is turndownforwatt and tackhammer the same person?

(08-20-2018, 05:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Is turndownforwatt and tackhammer the same person?

Short answer..

No

Something just seems weird about a tacks fan and a horns fan arguing on a Jaguars board.
Do they have their own message boards?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(08-21-2018, 05:10 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Something just seems weird about a tacks fan and a horns fan arguing on a Jaguars board.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was the division forum.

(08-20-2018, 05:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Is turndownforwatt and tackhammer the same person?

Uuuuh No.
It's just that we both witnessed the same suck that is Vrabel.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 10:47 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-21-2018, 06:34 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 05:10 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Something just seems weird about a tacks fan and a horns fan arguing on a Jaguars board.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was the division forum.

Thats what i thought too. Nothing wrong with a little divisional rivalry..

(08-21-2018, 07:53 AM)TackHammer56 Wrote:

Uuuuh No.

Fair enough

(08-21-2018, 07:53 AM)TackHammer56 Wrote:

Uuuuh No.

So you both gonna be really ticked off when vrabel wins coach of the year...

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 11:33 AM by Mowerguy.)

Well, least you guys know a great forum  when you see one.  Big Grin

Welcome.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 03:58 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-15-2018, 12:39 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
Quote:[quote pid='1137716' dateline='1534264346']
(08-14-2018, 03:06 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/th...6?amp=true

J.J. Watt also got to the quarterback more than any player in the NFL.. and he had 3 roughing the passer calls on the entire season. Whoopty freaking doo.

As far as Antonio Smith, yes he should of kept his cool, but that whacko Icognito deserved every bit of that helmet swing..he purposely tried to break Smith's ankle and this helmet swing happened after Incognito tried to twist Smith's head around (wasn't even trying to block him, just trying to cause bodily harm) Incognito was considered to be the dirtiest player in the game. I put this in the same class as A. Johnson finally snapping on Cortland Innegan. Antonio Smith was never considered a dirty player..this was a isolated incident against one of the biggest turds who has played in this league the last 15 years.

(08-14-2018, 11:42 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: Maybe you should contact fox sports and tell them that because you said the Texans aren't a dirty team it must mean something. Because according to that article the Texans are one of the worst. If you don't like it maybe you shouldn't make a claim with no evidence. Of course you don't think the Texans are dirty..and the Patriots fans don't think the Patriots cheat.

And if you want to know why I am no longer responding to your ignorant posts the answer can be found below.

(08-15-2018, 12:39 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:  This is one writer's opinion..

And what did I say that was false, maybe like that writer you should actaully do some research and figure out why Smith swung his helmet.. one play against a habitual dirty [BLEEP], doesn't make a player dirty or a entire team dirty.
Rolleyes

[/quote]

And right on cue...

Quote:Richie Incognito in custody for disorderly conduct, making threats

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito is in police custody on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and making threats, a spokesperson for the Scottsdale, Arizona, police department said Tuesday.
According to the police, they were called to Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary, where Incognito was making arrangements for his father's funeral.
"Incognito reportedly was upset with staff and began to damage property inside the business and shout at employees. At several points during his contact with staff, Incognito threatened to retrieve guns from his vehicle and return to shoot the employees," according to the police.
Incognito announced Sunday on Twitter that his father had died Saturday.

This is the second time Incognito has been in police custody since being released from the [font=Georgia,]Buffalo Bills' retired list in May.[/font]
Two days after being released by the Bills, Incognito was taken into custody after a disturbance at a Boca Raton, Florida, gym, during which police believed Incognito to be in an "altered, paranoid state." An incident report obtained by ESPN said Incognito threw items at gym employees and patrons, and "believed ordinary citizens were government officials that were tracking and recording him."

Under Florida's Baker Act, Incognito was not arrested but was taken by Boca Raton police for an involuntary psychiatric commitment for people seen as a danger to themselves or others.

Incognito, 35, told The Associated Press in June that he was back home training in Arizona after spending three days in a mental hospital. He told TMZ Sports earlier this month that he had received calls from the [font=Georgia,]Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks, but Vikings coach Mike Zimmer later called that "totally false."[/font]

After calling Zimmer a "liar" in a profanity-laced tweet, Incognito later tweeted an apology to Zimmer.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24436...ng-threats

This guy was/is a total basket case. That's why Antonio finally flipped out on him after Incognito was basically doing acts of criminal assault out on the football field. The guy is not right in the head.

Honestly, I don't see this Incognito story ending well...it has tragedy waiting to happen written all over it it. The guy is a ticking time bomb.

I honestly don’t know how Incognito has been in the league this long. Dude has always been a headcase.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 09:26 PM by Psychop1.)

The Texans aren’t a dirty team, IMO. They just take advantage of whatever wiggle room the rules allow. I remember how how their line used to be the chopblockingest mofos ever. The rules changed and so did they. Hopkins has always been grabby and pushy but it isn’t like he’s hiding it. He gets called for a push every once and a while but I think the league mainly views it as hand fighting.

And people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Titans and Jags both had Gregg Williams and his hit squads. That’s what dirty really looks like.

(08-21-2018, 09:25 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: The Texans aren’t a dirty team, IMO. They just take advantage of whatever wiggle room the rules allow. I remember how how their line used to be the chopblockingest  mofos ever. The rules changed and so did they. Hopkins has always been grabby and pushy but it isn’t like he’s hiding it. He gets called for a push every once and a while but I think the league mainly views it as hand fighting.

And people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Titans and Jags both had Gregg Williams and his hit squads. That’s what dirty really looks like.

Saw someone say the league was going to call more o.p.i. this season. Hopkins may get a few more calls than usual. 
And i remember the years of the chop block texans. Got a few people hurt.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018, 12:34 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Those weren't chop blocks.. Chop blocks have always been illegal. They were cut blocks. As in out in front and above the knees. It was the system Alex Gibbs created at Denver and brought to Houston. Of coarse rules change, but a lot of teams ran it, they just didn't have the Guru coaching it. It's still used today, they just have to block differently when implementing it.

(08-22-2018, 12:17 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Those weren't chop blocks.. Chop blocks have always been illegal. They were cut blocks. As in out in front and above the knees. It was the system Alex Gibbs created at Denver and brought to Houston. Of coarse rules change, but a lot of teams ran it, they just didn't have the Guru coaching it. It's still used today, they just have to block differently when implementing it.

Chop, cut, either way its taking out someones knees. Them dirty texans. Haha

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2018, 02:13 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-22-2018, 12:49 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 12:17 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Those weren't chop blocks.. Chop blocks have always been illegal. They were cut blocks. As in out in front and above the knees. It was the system Alex Gibbs created at Denver and brought to Houston. Of coarse rules change, but a lot of teams ran it, they just didn't have the Guru coaching it. It's still used today, they just have to block differently when implementing it.

Chop, cut, either way its taking out someones knees. Them dirty texans. Haha

No it's not, Chop blocks have been illegal, they didn't have to implement a rule change there, because they were already illegal.

Quote:[font=Capita, Georgia,] Fat Camp: The differencebetween a cut block and a chop block

Ted Bartlett Nov 24, 2012 7:50 PM

[font=Capita, Georgia,]I read the USA Today article that Doug linked today, which amounted to an interpretation of a Peter King tweet.  Only KSK should be interpreting PK, because this reporter follows him down the path of wrong.

[/font]
They mention "legal chop blocks," but there are no such things in the NFL, nor have there been any in quite a few years.  The problem is apparently confusion about what "chop block" means.
[/font]

Allow me to explain.

A chop block is when a blocker is engaged with a defender up high, and a second offensive player goes low on the same defender.  There must be two blockers on one defender, and one must go high, and the other low, for it to be a chop block.  That's a 15-yard penalty on the offense.

I suspect what these guys mean by "legal chop block" is a cut block.  The cut block is a legal play in which the blocker aims for a defender's thigh, in order to get him on the ground.  Every team does it, but it's most common in zone schemes, where the backside blockers are trying to open up cutback lanes for running backs.  (Broncos fans are well-steeped in this.)

Another important application for cut blocking is the short passing game, particularly screens and the three-step game.  When you cut a defensive lineman in pass protection, he drops his hands to protect himself, which opens up throwing lanes from the QB's shallow set.

On a screen, linemen are usually out in space on LBs and DBs, and cutting them is tactically superior to trying to dance with them, unless you're Ryan Clady.

[font=Capita, Georgia,]There's nothing wrong with a correctly executed cut block, regardless of what defensive guys will tell you.  They don't like getting blocked, and they bellyache about successful tactics.
[/font]

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/...chop-block

Houston didn't injury lineman at any higher rate, defenders just don't like being cut. BTW cut blocks are still legal when the DLineman isn't engaged with another blocker and offensive lines everywhere still use cut blocks. It's a industry wide practice in a copy cat league.

(08-22-2018, 02:09 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 12:49 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Chop, cut, either way its taking out someones knees. Them dirty texans. Haha

No it's not, Chop blocks have been illegal, they didn't have to implement a rule change there, because they were already illegal.

Quote:[font=Capita, Georgia,] Fat Camp: The differencebetween a cut block and a chop block

Ted Bartlett Nov 24, 2012 7:50 PM

[font=Capita, Georgia,]I read the USA Today article that Doug linked today, which amounted to an interpretation of a Peter King tweet.  Only KSK should be interpreting PK, because this reporter follows him down the path of wrong.

[/font]
They mention "legal chop blocks," but there are no such things in the NFL, nor have there been any in quite a few years.  The problem is apparently confusion about what "chop block" means.
[/font]

Allow me to explain.

A chop block is when a blocker is engaged with a defender up high, and a second offensive player goes low on the same defender.  There must be two blockers on one defender, and one must go high, and the other low, for it to be a chop block.  That's a 15-yard penalty on the offense.

I suspect what these guys mean by "legal chop block" is a cut block.  The cut block is a legal play in which the blocker aims for a defender's thigh, in order to get him on the ground.  Every team does it, but it's most common in zone schemes, where the backside blockers are trying to open up cutback lanes for running backs.  (Broncos fans are well-steeped in this.)

Another important application for cut blocking is the short passing game, particularly screens and the three-step game.  When you cut a defensive lineman in pass protection, he drops his hands to protect himself, which opens up throwing lanes from the QB's shallow set.

On a screen, linemen are usually out in space on LBs and DBs, and cutting them is tactically superior to trying to dance with them, unless you're Ryan Clady.

[font=Capita, Georgia,]There's nothing wrong with a correctly executed cut block, regardless of what defensive guys will tell you.  They don't like getting blocked, and they bellyache about successful tactics.
[/font]

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/...chop-block

Houston didn't injury lineman at any higher rate, defenders just don't like being cut. BTW cut blocks are still legal when the DLineman isn't engaged with another blocker and offensive lines everywhere still use cut blocks. It's a industry wide practice in a copy cat league.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nf...xplanation

(08-17-2018, 04:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 04:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Hey, they do a good enough job bringing down the property values without the Clot fans here.  Don't encourage em!

Laughing Banana

Seriously guys, please continue the back and forth.

Well somebody has to keep this forum afloat, it's been damn near dead. Just trying to breath some life into it.  Big Grin

(08-17-2018, 03:49 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I will concur that CB is the biggest homer in this MB...carry on.

How so? Please give examples..

Did I say that we should've won the division last year or that we're going to win it this season?

You had to change your handle because you're such a homer...facepalm/
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.