Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

Saw Thor Ragnarok the other day... I was quite disappointed with it.. I think they've done too many Marvel movies now.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 09:14 PM by EricC85.)

Yea im about over them now. Still haven't seen the last one ant man and wasp and im not really dying to see captin marvel.

Go see mission impossible fallout that was a good one.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(08-02-2018, 09:13 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yea im about over them now. Still haven't seen the last one ant man and wasp and im not really dying to see captin marvel.

Go see mission impossible fallout that was a good one.

I am hearing a lot of good things about Mission Impossible and can't wait to see it. 

Ten years and an evolution of Marvel movies/storyline is good for me. Other than seeing the second part of Infinity Wars I think I'm done.

(08-02-2018, 08:46 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Saw Thor Ragnarok the other day... I was quite disappointed with it.. I think they've done too many Marvel movies now.

I agree about the disappointment. Although, I didn't have super high hopes.
As for too many Marvel movies? I can see how someone who isn't a geeky fan boy might think that lol
Really they've only had like 3 out of a dozen that were 'meh' to me. Black Panther, Ragnarok, and Dark World.
Not a huge fan of Iron Man 2 or 3 either, but I still enjoyed the movies much more than Black Panther and Thor 1 & 2.

Not sure they are gonna scale back the movies until they start flopping like DC properties. lol

If y'all haven't seen "Gleason" you really should. Wow. It's the story of Steve Gleason, formally a linwbacker of New Orleans Saints from 2000-2008, who has ALS. The footage started out as a video diary for their son, Rivers, who Steve & his wife Michel found out they were pregnant with six weeks after his ALS diagnosis. At some point they decided to make it into a movie to bring hope to others out there facing enormous adversity.

It is sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sometimes uncomfortable. It is raw. It's hard to watch someone who was so strong and so full of life to literally deteriorate physically and psychologically before your eyes so quickly. The disease doesn't affect cognitive behavior or the brain at all, but the effects of chronic pain, losing your ability to do anything, etc., is what gets to you.

It's on Amazon.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 08:10 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I've seen several movies over the last few weeks. Here is what I watched......

The Package- This was a stoner comedy on Netflix streaming. The trailer made it look funny, but in reality it was only meh. It had some funny parts, but it got too "over the top" at times and some of the jokes were just so "edgy" that when they didn't hit, they just came off as awkward and creepy. In the end, it's a very forgettable film that I probably wouldn't recommend.

[Image: the-package-artwork-720x405.jpg]

The Incredibles 2- I've been looking forward to this film for ages. I was a huge fan of the original films and had high hopes for this one. Ultimately, the movie fell well short of my own expectations. I still liked the film, but the plot was predictable and the villain was weak. My niece and nephew had a good time and I did as well, just not as enjoyable as I wanted it to be. If you're a fan of the original film, I'd still recommend it, just don't expect too much.

[Image: maxresdefault-the-incredibles-2-finding-...144936.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 08:24 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Blockers- Again, this was a case of the trailer luring me in with some hilarious looking scenes. I went into this movie reluctantly, since I hate John Cena, but the film looked so funny, I couldn't resist. Unfortunately,  this was another case of the trailer showing all of the funniest scenes and the rest of the movie left me bored and a bit annoyed. It's not horrible, but it's definitely not good either.

[Image: Blockers-poster.jpg]

Game Night- I am a big Jason Bateman fan and I've had a crush on Rachel McAdams for a long time, so this film was a "must see'. The trailer made it look funny, but not to the point where I had to run out to the theatre to see it, so I decided to wait for it to come to Netflix. Finally, a movie that outweighed my expectations. This movie was really good. Not to the point where I would put it in my all-time top 100 films, but never the less, I was very impressed. The acting was very good, the plot was constantly unfolding and there were consistent laughs throughout the film. That's what I like about Jason Bateman. He consistently picks good scripts. I highly recommend this film. It was really entertaining.

[Image: P_HO00005104.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 08:49 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Ant Man and the Wasp- I'm big into Marvel films, but admittedly, Ant Man was one of the weaker movies in the Marvel universe, so I went into the film not expecting much. Surprisingly, I really liked this movie. I wondered how they were going to deal with the characters noticeable absence from the first part of Infinity Wars and they did an excellent job of explaining it. The plot of the film was well thought out, the acting was strong, the special FX were decent and there was just enough humor to engage the audience without being too forced. The villain in this one was surprisingly good as well. I loved this movie.

[Image: ant-man-and-the-wasp.jpg]

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: My nephew was dying to see this movie, so we went. I loved the original Jurassic Park, but admittedly the movies have gotten a bit stale as the plotlines in each new movie seem to differ little from one another, so I wasn't expecting much. Again, I was pleasantly surprised. The took the film in a bit of a fresh direction and by the end of the movie, I was feeling a lot better about the direction of the franchise, which will inevitably continue on. The special FX were top notch, the performances were solid and the cinematography was very well done. I recommend this movie as well.

[Image: Jurassic-World-Fallen-Kingdom-2018.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 08:48 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Lady Bird- I had seen this get very high reviews from critics and although I rarely agree with most critics, the trailer made the movie look quirky and odd and I like that. Bad idea. I did not enjoy this movie at all. It bored me to death. most of the characters were either unlikable or annoying, the story went absolutely nowhere and the ending was beyond awful. The trailer made the film look like a quirky comedy, but this film is a straight up drama about a strained relationship between a mother and her teenage daughter. These types of movies are a dime a dozen and I've seen them done much, much better. This was a complete disappointment and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

[Image: Lady-Bird-banner.jpg]

Finally watched Infinity War.
As I imagined, I loved it and somehow it didn't seem like it actually was 2.5 hrs long, went by fairly quickly. I imagine with all the action.

I agree with OLine about Game Night (And Blockers for that matter)
Game Night is the perfect RedBox movie. You get more than 2 dollars worth of laughs out of it. But not enough to warrant spending theater money to see.

Recently caught a movie I missed from 2017: The Space Between Us
Very good movie here, in my opinion. It's got the a little romance and a little drama and a little borderline sci-fi. But mostly it just tells a really good story.

(08-24-2018, 03:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Finally watched Infinity War.
As I imagined, I loved it and somehow it didn't seem like it actually was 2.5 hrs long, went by fairly quickly. I imagine with all the action.

I agree with OLine about Game Night (And Blockers for that matter)
Game Night is the perfect RedBox movie. You get more than 2 dollars worth of laughs out of it. But not enough to warrant spending theater money to see.

Recently caught a movie I missed from 2017: The Space Between Us
Very good movie here, in my opinion. It's got the a little romance and a little drama and a little borderline sci-fi. But mostly it just tells a really good story.

It's on my Netflix que.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 09:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I had some time to kill this afternoon, so I whipped out my movie pass and went to see The Happytime Murders. I didn't really know what to expect, but I felt like the movie was either gonna be good or it was gonna be unwatchable. In the end, I liked it. Yes, it had raunchy jokes as expected, but some were pretty funny and the mystery aspect of the story was surprisingly good. There were a few scenes that really made me laugh. in a way, it kind of reminded me of an old Peter Jackson film called, Meet the Feebles. It was another adult-oriented muppet-type film. In any case, I personally would like to see more movies like this. I'm a huge South Park fan and I enjoyed other boundary push films like Team America: World Police and Sausage Party. Although none of these films were masterpieces by any means, I like the way they are pushing American cinema in a new direction. I get tired of seeing reboots, sequels and prequels. These movies definitely aren't for everyone, but at least their something different. If you're a fan of South Park, you might like this one. If you're not, skip it.

[Image: Happytime-Murders-770x315.png]

Upgrade was really damn good. Highly recommend.

Skyscraper was alright.

Watched this over the weekend.

[Image: captain-fantastic-1534429517.jpeg]
Such a good story. Really pulls at your heart strings at various moments throughout.
Wonderfully acted.
It is on Starz (I think that is where I watched it) also on Amazon Prime video.
Not sure about Netflix, but probably available (although maybe only via mail DVD service, 3 million people still use this option surprisingly)

Saw "The Invitation" on Netflix over the weekend. Pretty decent thriller. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Paranoia and anxiety type flick where you're not sure whose really the bad guy in all this because they keep the narrative on it's toes and therefore on your toes. But I knew it all along! LOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You all ready for "The Nun"

(09-05-2018, 12:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: You all ready for "The Nun"

The commercial freaks my wife out lol

(09-05-2018, 12:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 12:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: You all ready for "The Nun"

The commercial freaks my wife out lol

lol, hell yeah. There's just something about turning the cross upside down that scares me.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 02:55 PM by ColoJag.)

I was driving by Idaho Springs(middle of nowhere in Colorado but next to a 14er,which I did this weekend) and there was a group of nuns playing kickball in some field......extremely creepy......made me think of that movie

(09-05-2018, 12:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 12:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: The commercial freaks my wife out lol

lol, hell yeah. There's just something about turning the cross upside down that scares me.

Her dad made he watch the exorcist when she was like 8 and now any supernatural movie or Chucky sends her into panic