Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rate my team after my fantasy draft?

(09-03-2018, 11:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 09:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I just finished a 29 round draft with 9 IDPs...

And I couldn't get Fournette in any of my damn drafts

29 rounds? What kind of draft is that?

Regular snake draft but we have 19 actual roster positions
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2018, 05:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 11:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 29 rounds? What kind of draft is that?

Regular snake draft but we have 19 actual roster positions

That's different.

What are you guys' thoughts on me dropping someone like Sanu for either Westbrook or Cole?

(09-05-2018, 09:24 AM)Brett Wrote: What are you guys' thoughts on me dropping someone like Sanu for either Westbrook or Cole?
I'd drop Sanu for Cole.

Sanu is likely to see some of his targets decrease because of Ridley.

Thanks man but unfortunately I have a bigger problem now with Le'Veon Bell. Conner is still on waivers so I assume I should just drop Sanu, Bernard or someone else for him...sigh.

(09-05-2018, 08:32 PM)Brett Wrote: Thanks man but unfortunately I have a bigger problem now with Le'Veon Bell. Conner is still on waivers so I assume I should just drop Sanu, Bernard or someone else for him...sigh.

Definitely drop one to try for Conner
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I dropped Giovani Bernard for James Conner for $4 bid. We start out with $100. Shocked I was still able to grab him and no one else made a move on him.

Now I'm just frustrated that my season already feels ruined before it even started.

(09-06-2018, 11:31 AM)Brett Wrote: I dropped Giovani Bernard for James Conner for $4 bid. We start out with $100. Shocked I was still able to grab him and no one else made a move on him.

Now I'm just frustrated that my season already feels ruined before it even started.

Conner is gonna be good I think man... You might be OK.
Plus Bell could always show up and perform, though it is looking grim.

Also I'd (personally) hold onto Sanu until Jags WRs actually show something. No one is jumping out of their seat to pick up Jags players off the wire.
If there is a heavy rotation at WR and we are sticking to last years game plan, Hell, even doubling down on it... I'd be skeptic of Jaguars WRs performing.
Sanu may see some touches go to Ridley but I think as of now he is still officially #2 and when Ridley is in the game Sanu will still be in the slot, from what I've read.

Thanks Kane. *Cue Kane's WWE Music*

I held on to Sanu and dropped Bernard. Someone actually grabbed Keelan Cole this morning but Dede Westbrook is still available. I'm actually kinda shocked that I was able to grab Conner. I dodged a bullet.

(09-03-2018, 09:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I just finished a 29 round draft with 9 IDPs...

And I couldn't get Fournette in any of my damn drafts

29 Rounds .... the draft started on Friday and ended Labor Day Monday .... lol

(09-06-2018, 01:43 PM)Brett Wrote: Thanks Kane. *Cue Kane's WWE Music*

I held on to Sanu and dropped Bernard. Someone actually grabbed Keelan Cole this morning but Dede Westbrook is still available. I'm actually kinda shocked that I was able to grab Conner. I dodged a bullet.

Cole is getting love from a lot of fantasy dudes like Fabs as the Jaguar to own...
I'm just not sure if I can trust our guys for fantasy. I do have Yeldon stashed on one team for PPR...

I'd put Westbrook on a watch list.
Conner still being available is crazy.

Also... I saw someone draft Lev Bell at pick #6 overall Wednesday night....
I'm not sure this guy shows at all before week 10 with the way that drama has been shaping out.

First time I've played in a 10 team as two entries dropped on draft day. Picked second in a half point PPR, I really wanted to pick in the ten, eleven, twelve range. Team as follows:

QB Cam Newton
RB Todd Gurley
RB Christian McCaffrey
WR Keenan Allen *
WR Amari Cooper *
TE Evan Engram
Flex Derrick Henry *
D Arizona
K Josh Lambo *

Bench

WR Sammy Watkins *
WR Marquis Goodwin *
RB Sony Michell *
RB Matt Breida * (Before McKinnon injury)
RB Peyton Barber
TE Tyler Eifert
RB Aaron Jones *

I know I'm heavy in RB but the value was too much for me to pass up. I see Cam as an every week plug in, so no need for a backup QB. Also, I like my four WRs so I can always waiver wire if necessary. Now TE was strange in this draft. Going into the draft I was prepared to double dip within the first six rounds here. Well, TE was apparently priority in this league so I had to overdraft Engram as a second tier TE. I did get value with Eifert with one of my last picks, but I really wanted two first tier TEs...oh well. I've got Derrick Henry as a breakout top6 RB so I feel like I got extreme value there. He's not necessarily my flex but a part of a three headed monster I have at RB. Defense went way early and teams double dipped so I ended up with Arizona. Of course I got Lambo so I'd have a Jag as I was targeting Cole or Jenkins in the latter rounds once it was clear I could not draft Fournette drawing the number two pick, but surprisingly so they went a bit early for my taste, hence the stable of RBs.

Fun facts:

Of the fifty or so mock drafts I simulated, I never once drafted Newton, McCaffrey, Barber or Arizona.

Players I targeted and drafted are marked with an asterisk *

Players I targeted and didn't get:

Aaron Rodgers

Rob Gronkowski

Travis Kelce

Greg Olson

Patrick Mahomes

Marlon Mack

Jags D

Chargers D
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Gurley CMac and Allen are as good a top 3 as you can get in a 10 team league. Very well done.