Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best Home Opener Ever?

Thoughts? Concerns?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Confused by the topic?
But, us destroying the Texans was wonderful

Rematch of the AFC championship game. Have we ever had a home opener this big?

[Image: 1411588.jpg]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I think it's big in terms of hype before the game.

On a sidenote regarding your username, what type of "predator" are you? Hopefully the good type.

(09-11-2018, 05:26 PM)Brett Wrote: I think it's big in terms of hype before the game.

On a sidenote regarding your username, what type of "predator" are you? Hopefully the good type.

The Jaguar type.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 05:51 AM by Jagwired.)

The Jags will have the home field advantage for sure . The crowd is sure to be well primed come kick off time. The place will be rocking, the Jags D will be smothering, whipping the crowd into a borderline state of frenzy. Brady will suck it up and commence to dropping to the fetal position.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 05:32 PM by Brett.)

(09-11-2018, 05:27 PM)Predator Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 05:26 PM)Brett Wrote: I think it's big in terms of hype before the game.

The Jaguar type.

Oh good. Sorry just making sure.

It's this time of year and playoff time I wish I lived near Jacksonville to go to a game. Never been to a home game in my life.

(09-11-2018, 05:32 PM)Brett Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 05:27 PM)Predator Wrote: The Jaguar type.

It's this time of year and playoff time I wish I lived near Jacksonville to go to a game. Never been to a home game in my life.

It's a great time.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

1996 Openers vs Steelers
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I think it is. Mostly because I havnt been to a game in Duval since 98. Been to a few in Denver but I’m flying from Montana for this one. It’s tuesday and I won’t be sleeping due to the hype and excitement

(09-11-2018, 07:24 PM)Captain_Caldwell Wrote: I think it is. Mostly because I havnt been to a game in Duval since 98. Been to a few in Denver but I’m flying from Montana for this one.  It’s tuesday and I won’t be sleeping due to the hype and excitement

Stadium looks a teeny bit different than 98. Hope you enjoy the trip and game!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I bet the Refs are out to screw us again

(09-12-2018, 08:48 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I bet the Refs are out to screw us again

Any idea on the Ref crew we got for this Game?

(09-11-2018, 05:06 PM)Predator Wrote: Rematch of the AFC championship game. Have we ever had a home opener this big?

Yes.

The first one.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-11-2018, 05:32 PM)Brett Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 05:27 PM)Predator Wrote: The Jaguar type.

They are a blast .. especially the night games.

Early season day games can get really hot.  Make sure you hydrate.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

After the screw job we got last season, you can bet the crowd will be giving the refs the business at the first hint of bias.

(09-12-2018, 10:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 05:32 PM)Brett Wrote: Oh good. Sorry just making sure.

They are a blast .. especially the night games.

Early season day games can get really hot.  Make sure you hydrate.
[Image: bong9.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

The weather could be a significant factor. Early forecast calls for a high in the mid-90s and 50% chance of rain.