Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time for some perspective

We are only 3 weeks into the NFL season and many Jaguars fans have gone from celebrating the team's number 1 ranking in many power after week 2 to "doom and gloom" after yesterday's all-around terrible performance. At this point, what predictions can we make right now regarding how the Jaguars season will end. Do they still have a realistic chance to win the AFC and get home-field advantage throughout the playoffs? This is how I see the season playing out:

1. The number 1 factor, as always, is how many significant injuries will they have such as what happened to Cam Robinson? Last year's success was due to the team's 
    great defense combined with the lack of injuries to key players (AROB was it). 

2. This team cannot win it all if either of these happens:

Significant injuries to Bortles, Fournette or Ramsay and/or

Further injuries along the offensive line.

3. If these things do not happen, the Jags have just as good a chance of winning the AFC as they did last season. At this point, the Chiefs seem to be the biggest threat
    to the Jags. If they win at Arrowhead in 2 weeks, they'll already be 2 games up plus tiebreaker against the Jaguars. The Chiefs would have to be considered favorites at 
    that point. The Patriots and Steelers are not what they were and I don't see any other teams to fear despite the the Dolphins great start.

4. This Jaguars' team is built for the cold-weather (playoffs) season. If the offensive line can get settled and Fournette gets past his hamstring, I like their chances- even 
    against Mahomes and the Chiefs. The defense is already great and can become generational with potentially 8 pro-bowlers.

5. Finally, it's getting very tiring and frustrating with both the media and our fans' frequent reversals on Blake. In reality, he is a good fit for this team and can help them
   get back to the championship game. He will continue to have some bad games like yesterday, but the negative outcome against the Titans was due to many factors- not
   just Blake. He'll never be a pro-bowler, but doesn't need to be- anymore than Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer or Doug Williams. Would we be better off with guys like Brees,
  Brady or even Mahomes? Of course, but that's not going to happen in the near-future. For one, I love his toughness, refusal to blame others, and ability to inspire his 
  teammates when demonstrating these qualities or when scrambling for 10 yards at critical times during a game. 

6. Next step, dominate the Jets, get key players like Fournette and Cann back and look forward to a huge game against the Chiefs!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're on to the Jets.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Forgive the poor typing I displayed. Still working on that.

We're on to the Jets.

But it is what it is. I don't read anything into this loss play calling, execution, etc.

For whatever reason, we always suck vs the tracks. We just do. Its frustrating they are a divisional opponent, but the only thing you can do is pick up and get back to work.

We're 2-1 with another home game against a rookie QB, we'll get back on track Sunday.

(09-24-2018, 10:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: We're on to the Jets.

But it is what it is. I don't read anything into this loss play calling, execution,  etc.

For whatever reason, we always suck vs the tracks. We just do. Its frustrating they are a divisional opponent, but the only thing you can do is pick up and get back to work.

We're 2-1 with another home game against a rookie QB, we'll get back on track Sunday.

Basically where I am now as well. I think I got the complaining out of my system so it's time to stop feeding the tack trolls and look ahead to rick rolling the jets.

It's the tacks. They have our number. We were all riding a high last week as fans. Hopefully they come out and ground the Jets this Sunday. Darnold has been a turnover machine so far. This should be the game where you see the defense shine some.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 11:28 AM by Mowerguy.)

Crazy how in spite of different coaches and so many different players
we're still owned by the tacks.
They play bad...we play a little worse.....we play good...they play better.
Frustrating as hell.

yes, on to the jets....and please don't take these guys for granted.
Worn out phrase is ..."on any given Sunday"....there's a fine line between
that days winners and losers.

Oh, and I do hope we do something with that O line for sure.

Go Jags!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I just can't. I was so ticked off yesterday I couldn't even see straight, so I didn't post and still today, I just can't figure it out. We hold the Titans to 9 points and we lose? How? How do we have such a great game plan for the Patriots and then turn around and do something completely different in this game. This offense looked exactly like we did in the 2nd half against the Patriots in the playoffs last year. We did not play to win, we played not to lose. The conservative play drove me nuts! All I gotta say is we are playing a much better defense against the Jets next week and if we play like we did yesterday, we haven't got a prayer. This offense is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. I just don't get it. O.k., That's all. I'm gonna move on.

(09-24-2018, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just can't. I was so ticked off yesterday I couldn't even see straight, so I didn't post and still today, I just can't figure it out. We hold the Titans to 9 points and we lose? How? How do we have such a great game plan for the Patriots and then turn around and do something completely different in this game. This offense looked exactly like we did in the 2nd half against the Patriots in the playoffs last year. We did not play to win, we played not to lose. The conservative play drove me nuts! All I gotta say is we are playing a much better defense against the Jets next week and if we play like we did yesterday, we haven't got a prayer. This offense is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. I just don't get it. O.k., That's all. I'm gonna move on.

Divisional rival. Mental blocks. It's the same reason why the Dolphins even during poor seasons with them that they still manage to either beat a great Patriots team or keep it interesting all the way down to the final whistle. This loss pisses me off. But as long as we rebound and win the division it'll be fine. 

But they've always, ALWAYS had our number. It's a sad fact of reality around here. Head to head with those [BLEEP] in 47 games they've owned us 27 times and we've managed to beat them just 20.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Win next week and you've gone 3-1 in the first quarter of the season.

(09-24-2018, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Win next week and you've gone 3-1 in the first quarter of the season.

There you go. There's some perspective.

(09-24-2018, 11:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Win next week and you've gone 3-1 in the first quarter of the season.

There you go. There's some perspective.
I think we all would have been ok with that to start the season. 

Lose to the Jets at home and we got issues.

Our defense is championship level and that will keep us in any game. Through 3 weeks we’ve given up 2nd fewest points, 4th fewest yards/game, 2nd fewest yards/play, and are 4th best against opponents on 3rd down.

One game does not make a season. We didn’t win the Super Bowl last week and we didn’t get eliminated from playoff contention yesterday.

Every team has at least one bad game a year, yes it sucks we had a bad game after feeling high and mighty with a 2-0 start. But hopefully we got our bad game out of the way early.
All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 12:31 PM by Caldrac.)

It wasn't the first bad game we've had since last year and it won't be the last. It's expected. I still think 9 - 11 wins is a very doable goal and reasonable with what's left on the schedule.

They just need to figure out who they are on offense. You're going to be the ground and pound team that takes deep shots when it's time or you're going to be the little dink and dunk team that likes to get cute in the ground game out of the spread formation. Need to figure that out quickly.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 03:12 PM by JAGFAN88.)

I'll bite.
Some perspective
One of the Best NFC teams, a SB contender Vikngs are 1--1--1
Same record as one of the worst AFC teams the Browns 1--1--1

and the one of the worst Teams the Bills just dominated them 27-6

I'll take the 3 point loss and move on.
Not sure i can ever forgive the punt call in the 4th qtr ever.

And taking a look at week 4, the Titans face Philly (with Wentz) so plenty of opportunity to retake the division lead.

This is a good moment for a reality check too. Maybe we need to cool the expectations for this young receiver group. Yes, there is some talent there, but they’re also very raw and error prone. They’ll be up one week and down the next, so maybe we shouldn’t expect too much from our passing game...

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 03:51 PM by Kane.)

Usually we're given a full 24 hours to weep, cry, moan, wring hands, etc etc....

And while we haven't hit that 24th hour just yet... I too am ready to move on to the jests.
Rookie QB, 0 star power on the perimeter and in the backfield, home game.
Our D should once again feast....BUT
This Jet defense is no joke though... if our offense... from the OL to the QB and WRs and everything in between... doesn't come out firing on all cylinders we could be in for another ugly game.
We don't want to get into the habit of forcing our defense to keep the opponent to single digit scores lol

The Jets are 12th in the league in rush defense and 26th vs the pass. (So good against what we want to do and bad against what we can't do consistently... very much like the tacks we just faced)
Top ten in total yards per game and in points allowed per game

This isn't an easy one by any means... we need this W but our offense needs to show they can move the ball and score points.

you forgot one thing. Jags can't win if they play tittians in playoofs or regluar season. its a automatic lose.  unforttanttly jags suck when they play Tensse. you can't blame the HC cause TC was a great HC too 1n 1999 who beat everyone but tittians.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-24-2018, 04:10 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: you forgot one thing. Jags can't win if they play tittians in playoofs or regluar season. its a automatic lose.  unforttanttly jags suck when they play Tensse. you can't blame the HC cause TC was a great HC too 1n 1999 who beat everyone but tittians.

Gregg Williams also stole our playbook in 1999.

You gotta relax bud, it's our first loss and I don't see Tennessee making the playoffs this year. We stuck against them, but other good teams are going to eat them alive.