Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It’s going to be tough running the ball

The Jets are pretty good upfront. I remember last year our offense was struggling, and Grant gave us a spark with a fake punt and ran for like 50 yards which we turned into points.

I think last years game against the Jets is when Fournette missed curfew. I can’t remember for sure.

But this game may come down to Bortles making plays and picking up key first downs to sustain drives. I want to see more of Patriots Bortles instead of Titan Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 07:35 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Fournette had 86 rushing yards and 59 yards recieving. No fake punts in that game. The Grant long fake was against the Chargers.

We got screwed on the Bilal Powell run that was clearly down by contacy and the McGuire broke a big one. We also have Dareus now.

Fun fact, last year NYJ had ASJ and we had Meyers.

Ngakoue also had 2 sacks against them last year.

(09-26-2018, 10:10 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Fournette had 86 rushing yards and 59 touchdowns recieving. No fake punts in that game. The Grant long fake was against the Chargers.

We got screwed on the Bilal Powell run that was clearly down by contacy and the McGuire broke a big one. We also have Dareus now.

59 touchdowns is one hell of a fantasy day :-D
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I thought we were gonna score 50???

imo This will be another snoozer if you like offense. I don't see either team scoring more than 1 TD. I hope the defense gets a turnover or two, I have 0 faith in the offense moving forward. Blake is just so inconsistent its hard to guess how they will play.

We just need to continue to do what we were doing. Offensive line needs to regroup and we need to get back to being a run first team and then play action off of that. We tried to get too cute against the Tacks. There was running room we just chose to throw it what seemed like 80% of the time.
No pain, no gain.

(09-26-2018, 10:10 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Fournette had 86 rushing yards and 59 touchdowns recieving. No fake punts in that game. The Grant long fake was against the Chargers.

He had a long fake against the Ravens too

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 07:38 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-26-2018, 10:21 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

59 touchdowns is one hell of a fantasy day :-D

Fixed lol

(09-27-2018, 06:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

He had a long fake against the Ravens too

True. I meant the one that sparked our sluggish offense was against LAC. Offense wasn't struggling at all against Baltimore

I don't agree with the thread premise.

The jets are actually more stingy on pass defense than rushing defense.

The phins beat them by throwing lots of dink and dunk passes and running the ball 30+ times.
It's not a bad model for the jags to borrow. Especially if all three top backs are available.
I do think they'll let Blake throw, but it is likely to be short and intermediate stuff for the most part.

Plenty of short crossing routes and swing passes to RBs on the menu this week IMO, complimented by a heavy dose of ground and pound. They can be run on and the Jags are as good a team as any to do it.

(09-27-2018, 09:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't agree with the thread premise.

The phins beat them by throwing lots of dink and dunk passes and running the ball 30+ times.
It's not a bad model for the jags to borrow. Especially if all three top backs are available.
I do think they'll let Blake throw, but it is likely to be short and intermediate stuff for the most part.

Plenty of short crossing routes and swing passes to RBs on the menu this week IMO, complimented by a heavy dose of ground and pound. They can be run on and the Jags are as good a team as any to do it.

Jets defense is top ten in total yards allowed
Top ten in pts/g
21st vs the run
26th vs the pass
25th in overall yards per game
Tied for 10th in sacks
Tied for 3rd in INTs and FFs

So statistically... they give up plenty of yards on the ground and through the air... but get stingy with points and get takeaways.
Also... least penalized defense in the league.

I fully expect a struggle bus type of day. We can win, but we'll need the offense on point.
I'm not worried about their offense VS our D.
But our O vs their D favors them, imo.

(09-27-2018, 10:41 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 09:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't agree with the thread premise.

Jets defense is top ten in total yards allowed
Top ten in pts/g
21st vs the run
26th vs the pass

Tied for 10th in sacks

So statistically... they give up plenty of yards on the ground and through the air...

The jets are 7th in the league vs the pass with 204 yds allowed per game and have amassed 5 INTs already.

Yet they allow 3.9 yards per carry and 102 yards per game on the ground.
We can run the ball against the jets as long as we keep them somewhat honest with the pass.

I'd look for some designed QB runs from Bortles in this one too.

(09-27-2018, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 10:41 AM)Kane Wrote: Jets defense is top ten in total yards allowed
Top ten in pts/g
21st vs the run
26th vs the pass

Tied for 10th in sacks

So statistically... they give up plenty of yards on the ground and through the air...

The jets are 7th in the league vs the pass with 204 yds allowed per game and have amassed 5 INTs already.

Yet they allow 3.9 yards per carry and 102 yards per game on the ground.
We can run the ball against the jets as long as we keep them somewhat honest with the pass.

I'd look for some designed QB runs from Bortles in this one too.

OOPS my bad... had the teams in reverse order lol yeah 7th vs the pass (with them INTS and Sacks up there too)
21st vs the run...

so in theory we should be able to run better than throw
which is good... cuz i'm not confident in throwin vs anyone anymore lol

I imagine a lot of Leonard in this one... thinking they were erring on the side of caution last week when he probably could have played.

The INTs are misleading though. They literally all came from Matt Stafford/Cassel week 1.

(09-27-2018, 11:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The INTs are misleading though. They literally all came from Matt Stafford/Cassel week 1.

Good point...
but let's not pretend like Blake isn't capable of pulling off a game like Stafford had in week 1

(09-26-2018, 09:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think last years game against the Jets is when Fournette missed curfew. I can’t remember for sure.

Google is your friend.

First and foremost, we have to be healthy up front to win this one. People losing their minds about not committing to run game last week, but its tough with two starting OL out. If we are healthy we need to obviously establish the run. With that said, we still need to allow 5 be aggressive, take take shots down the field, and also let him create some big plays with his legs

(09-27-2018, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 11:37 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The INTs are misleading though. They literally all came from Matt Stafford/Cassel week 1.

Good point...
but let's not pretend like Blake isn't capable of pulling off a game like Stafford had in week 1

True, but to be fair to Blake also, he's never thrown more than 3 INTs in a game. Stafford has 4 times.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 03:30 PM by Kane.)

(09-27-2018, 11:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think last years game against the Jets is when Fournette missed curfew. I can’t remember for sure.

Google is your friend.

Did you ever stop to think maybe they aren't friends anymore?
Perhaps they aren't on speaking terms and therefore Google could not assist.

(09-27-2018, 02:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote: Good point...

True, but to be fair to Blake also, he's never thrown more than 3 INTs in a game. Stafford has 4 times.

This is true... very true lol

So glad we aren't paying Blake 100 million plus

(09-27-2018, 03:26 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 11:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Google is your friend.

Did you ever stop to think maybe they aren't friends anymore?

I heard AOL is still a good source for football info.

(09-27-2018, 03:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 03:26 PM)Kane Wrote: Did you ever stop to think maybe they aren't friends anymore?

I heard AOL is still a good source for football info.

Ninja

[Image: CatHouseontheKings0.jpg]