Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryder Cup

Got sucked into watching these pressers this morning instead of being productive.
https://www.rydercup.com/live/rydercupusa/1

Going to be a fun weekend of competition.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also:

Anyone else think that the Mickelson choice was a bad captain's pick?
Dude has had several meltdown rounds this year where he couldn't get anything to work right. Feels like a popular NFL player going to the pro-bowl even though he had a bad season.

I didn't like the Tiger/Reed pairing since it was announced. Thought Tiger/Bryson would have worked better together. 3-1 lead after morning matches though. I'll take it.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Mickelson -- can someone finally stick a fork in this dude that bought his way out insider trading charges in which he should have gone to jail.  Pay $1m and stay out of jail.   Play Tiger for a winner take all $10m in which neither contribute any of their own funds.  I have no idea why people like this dude.

(09-28-2018, 09:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Mickelson -- can someone finally stick a fork in this dude that bought his way out insider trading charges in which he should have gone to jail.  Pay $1m and stay out of jail.   Play Tiger for a winner take all $10m in which neither contribute any of their own funds.  I have no idea why people like this dude.

FIGJAM loves all women, children, and pets.

Announcer said it best, that Phil was not a good Foursomes/alternate shot choice b/c he often is wayward off the tee and will put his partner into a bad position.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Phil has won 43 PGA tournaments. He's having a bad year. Geez, give the guy a break.

(09-28-2018, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Phil has won 43 PGA tournaments. He's having a bad year. Geez, give the guy a break.

My comments were specific to this season, actually.  I think there were 4 or 5 wiser player choices to be made from a purely competitive standpoint. 

I'd be happy for the guy if he got back on track. I just wouldn't expect it to happen during the Ryder Cup based on the way his season played out down the stretch.

Ha!

Bubba's group halves a hole with a triple bogey. Crazy.

(09-29-2018, 08:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Phil has won 43 PGA tournaments. He's having a bad year. Geez, give the guy a break.

My comments were specific to this season, actually.  I think there were 4 or 5 wiser player choices to be made from a purely competitive standpoint. 

I'd be happy for the guy if he got back on track. I just wouldn't expect it to happen during the Ryder Cup based on the way his season played out down the stretch.

You're right. Actually, given the kind of year he's had, I think it would have been very sportsman-like of him to decline the team invitation. I wonder if that's ever been done before?

'Em ere danged yer-o-peeans just clinched it again.

(09-28-2018, 08:43 PM)PF* Wrote: Announcer said it best, that Phil was not a good Foursomes/alternate shot choice b/c he often is wayward off the tee and will put his partner into a bad position.

Conversely, Tiger used to put his partners in really good positions .....

Lots of bad things came out of this for the US side. Brooks Koepka blinded a person in one eye with a tee shot, and lots of in-team fighting between Spieth/Reed, and Koepka/Johnson.

Easy to say Jim Furyk is the Ryder Cup equivalent of Gus Bradley.