Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-05-2018, 08:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Beating 17 highly qualified seasoned senators and governors in numerous debates = "can't handle any reasonable debate or discussion".

Got it.

“You would be in jail.”

Golden.

Speaking of that, it was a great line in a debate, but why has nothing been done about crooked Hillary since Trump took office? Because there are mountains of evidence against her, right?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-05-2018, 11:28 AM)jj82284 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...1c94636631

Suddenly jj is a fan of opinion pieces in The Washington Post, especially one that magically supports his point of view. Are you as big a fan of the Constitution?
- Bob Marley

(10-05-2018, 11:14 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And, right on cue, here comes Mikie the True Republican to denounce the only thing his supposed Party did in the last 4 years that stood up to the Democrats. Good to see the subservients are still out there where we left them back in 2017.

As I told you before, it's not that I think the Republicans were wrong to refuse to confirm Garland.  I just think this justification of a "Biden rule" or "lame duck period" is totally wrong and totally outside what the Founders would have said the Senate's duty is.
The Senate should have held hearings on him, asked him questions about his writings, and given him an up or down vote. They probably would have rejected him anyways, but they should have upheld our constitution and traditions by going through the process.

(10-05-2018, 10:19 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Gutless?  Go back to the campaign he criticised trump a lot in the run up.  

Ask for this. Up about lame duck a lot of people refer to a president as being a lame duck after the midterms in his second term.

No we have former FBI agents trying to pressure leland keyser into perjury.  This is just undignified

Nope.  Not in the dictionary.  You guys just made it up, and now you've given yourself false memories about it.

Alternative facts.
- Bob Marley

Not sure why so many right-wingers seem so worried. Did Kavanaugh mean all that much? Somehow the Kavanaugh nomination does seem so Trump.

But the Federalist Society has a long list of upper middle-class middle-aged white men (and a few woman) who all went to pretty much the same law schools and can be counted upon to be reliably conservative. So what's the big deal? There is always another one to take his place. I don't think the Republicans are going to lose the Senate. The House? Probably. More Benghazi-type hearings!

These confirmation hearings are usually dull affairs. At least for this one we got some great political theater. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is covered in slime this time - especially Diane Feinstein. For the next one we'll see if anyone learned anything.

Every Supreme Court deserves at least one Drunk Frat Boy. Right?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(10-04-2018, 05:07 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Wait wait....  Did u just try to cite Kennedy's confirmation as some beacon of bipartisanship?  Wow....

Kennedy was confirmed 97 to 0.  You don't get more "bipartisan" than that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 02:30 PM by jj82284.)

(10-05-2018, 12:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:07 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Wait wait....  Did u just try to cite Kennedy's confirmation as some beacon of bipartisanship?  Wow....

Kennedy was confirmed 97 to 0.  You don't get more "bipartisan" than that.

Ok fine, u lose all your credibility too.  Anyone else?

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM by Cleatwood.)

(10-05-2018, 02:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 12:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: Kennedy was confirmed 97 to 0.  You don't get more "bipartisan" than that.

Ok fine, u loose all your credibility too.  Anyone else?
Lose*

You*

(10-05-2018, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 02:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Ok fine, u loose all your credibility too.  Anyone else?
Lose*

You*

#hater #spellingnazi #chokeonthiscountrygrammar #alphamaga

(10-05-2018, 02:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 12:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: Kennedy was confirmed 97 to 0.  You don't get more "bipartisan" than that.

Ok fine, u lose all your credibility too.  Anyone else?

I mean I guess you're saying that it was not bipartisan because Bork was the original choice for that role, but, six Republican senators voted "no" to Bork.  That was "bipartisan" too.

(10-05-2018, 02:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lose*

You*

Bahahaha

Alright tough guy.

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard with more on Kavanaugh's role in covering up the Vince Foster murder:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sinister-batt...25923.html

(10-05-2018, 04:41 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Ambrose Evans-Pritchard with more on Kavanaugh's role in covering up the Vince Foster murder suicide:

FTFY
- Bob Marley

(10-05-2018, 02:31 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lose*

You*

Resentment of the educated is a typical Trumpette response. You're a reasonably smart fellow posting in a forum using software with built in features to aide you with that which is beyond your knowledge and comprehension. You could use them and not look quite so foolish, or be defiant and face the justifiable mocking of your literary shortcomings. Either way, America is already great, widespread pride in poor grammar and spelling notwithstanding.
- Bob Marley

So, apparently, Monica McLean pressured Leland Keyser into "revisiting" her account of events. McLean is the same person Ford's ex-boyfriend said Ford assisted in taking polygraph tests.

Right... because nothing screams validity like telling your friends to lie for you.

(10-05-2018, 09:04 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: And here comes flsprtgod, who is afraid to take any responsibility for anything. Oh, he's a "Libertarian", i.e., "I can pretend to be part of something, but it's so vague I can denounce any and all and not be called to account for anyone or any thing."

In other words, I'm gutless. But at least I can praise a sleazoid like Donald while claiming I was never for him. You were so desirous of not voting for Hillary that you ended up with The Clown and you're so emotionally invested that you have to claim that standby dodge of being a "Libertarian".

Can't wait for the response - but, but, but, I really am a Libertarian! A Libertarian praising Donald? Someone is confused.

My voting record speaks for itself and I take responsibility for what I'm responsible for, ie me. Trump was better than Hillary but not good enough to win my vote. I'm a Militant Libertarian, I want to take over the government and then defund it and leave everyone the hell alone. At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not like all you True Republicans Orkos actively cheering against your own party when they finally show some guts. You're all just beta boys, sitting in the corner while the Dems dance with your girl, praying you'll get a turn someday but knowing deep inside you won't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-05-2018, 05:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 04:41 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Ambrose Evans-Pritchard with more on Kavanaugh's role in covering up the Vince Foster murder suicide:

FTFY

No, like Kavanaugh you altered it. Funny that the FBI felt the need to commit dozens of felonies while investigating a suicide.

(10-05-2018, 11:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 09:04 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: And here comes flsprtgod, who is afraid to take any responsibility for anything. Oh, he's a "Libertarian", i.e., "I can pretend to be part of something, but it's so vague I can denounce any and all and not be called to account for anyone or any thing."

In other words, I'm gutless. But at least I can praise a sleazoid like Donald while claiming I was never for him. You were so desirous of not voting for Hillary that you ended up with The Clown and you're so emotionally invested that you have to claim that standby dodge of being a "Libertarian".

Can't wait for the response - but, but, but, I really am a Libertarian! A Libertarian praising Donald? Someone is confused.

My voting record speaks for itself and I take responsibility for what I'm responsible for, ie me. Trump was better than Hillary but not good enough to win my vote. I'm a Militant Libertarian, I want to take over the government and then defund it and leave everyone the hell alone. At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not like all you True Republicans Orkos actively cheering against your own party when they finally show some guts. You're all just beta boys, sitting in the corner while the Dems dance with your girl, praying you'll get a turn someday but knowing deep inside you won't.

Militant Libertarian? hahahahaha. Sounds rather childish. So you take no responsibility for any political position?

Yeah, that fits with your posting history. Stand on the sidelines and throw tantrums. No wonder you are a Trumpette. He's not serious either. 

You and Byron complement each other - trying hard to come up with silly phrases and views.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(10-06-2018, 09:01 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 11:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My voting record speaks for itself and I take responsibility for what I'm responsible for, ie me. Trump was better than Hillary but not good enough to win my vote. I'm a Militant Libertarian, I want to take over the government and then defund it and leave everyone the hell alone. At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not like all you True Republicans Orkos actively cheering against your own party when they finally show some guts. You're all just beta boys, sitting in the corner while the Dems dance with your girl, praying you'll get a turn someday but knowing deep inside you won't.

Militant Libertarian? hahahahaha. Sounds rather childish. So you take no responsibility for any political position?

Yeah, that fits with your posting history. Stand on the sidelines and throw tantrums. No wonder you are a Trumpette. He's not serious either. 

You and Byron complement each other - trying hard to come up with silly phrases and views.

Libertarianism is a political position.  It's also a far cry from being a "trumpette"  moreover, with Trump's record I'm having a hard time understanding how supporting him can be a pejorative.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2018, 10:03 AM by mikesez.)

(10-05-2018, 11:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Your voting record is not available to anyone because they take your name off the ballot before they start counting.
I don't care if you think I'm a "True Republican" or not.  I know what my registration card says.  I know how I've voted, usually for Republicans, sometimes not.  The only reason to register for a party is to influence it and vote in its primaries. That's what I did. It's not a matter of identity. I'm no more or less Republican than anybody who has registered with the party.
So many of the errors and hyperventilating and pants wetting that you may see among people when they discuss politics is due to them making it an identity, or believing that one of the parties hates or upholds the other aspects of their identity. 
To be fair, if you were a black person in the south in the first part of the twentieth century, the Democratic party really did hate your identity. If you were a gay person in any part of the twentieth century, the Republican party really did want you to be punished for what you might be doing behind closed doors in the privacy of your home. But both of those issues are basically resolved now, and most people were never gay or black in the first place, yet to this day most of us seem to approach politics like our identity is under attack.
I think both of us have, at least once, watched a girl we like get affection from another man. That's a common experience. For me it was almost 15 years ago. That feeling sucks. Politics never makes me feel that way because I don't confound it with my identity or love life.