Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UFC/MMA Thread

Probably the biggest main event in UFC history goes down tonight. Anyone got a prediction on how it’s going to go down? 

I think if Kabib can avoid a solid connection from McGregor’s left hand and get Connor on the mat the Eagle by sub. If Kabib can’t get Connor down and tries to stand and bang, he’ll be one and done as champ.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Conor will tap out. His arrogance and showmanship will get the best of him and while he is playing to the crowd, Khabib shoots in and gets the takedown. From there, it's over. I HATE Conor McGregor almost as much as I hate Floyd Mayweather and Michael Vick. He has to lose.

(10-06-2018, 04:39 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Probably the biggest main event in UFC history goes down tonight. Anyone got a prediction on how it’s going to go down? 

I think if Kabib can avoid a solid connection from McGregor’s left hand and get Connor on the mat the Eagle by sub. If Kabib can’t get Connor down and tries to stand and bang, he’ll be one and done as champ.

I think Khabib finishes him in 2 rounds. 

There is no way Khabib is dumb enough to stand , he's gonna get him up against the cage , bring him down and it will be night night. 

Wouldn't be the first time Conor has shocked the world though

The Black Beast with a stunning KO. Absolutely loved that!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-06-2018, 11:13 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: The Black Beast with a stunning KO. Absolutely loved that!

All Volkvov had to do was run for 30 seconds and he would've won. Instead, he tried to bang with Lewis and Black Beast knocked him into next week. Geez. What a fight!

Lewis with a classic interview after the fight. I was LMFAO. 

Joe Rogan: "Derrick, why did you take your pants off?"

Derrick Lewis: "My balls was hot."

(10-06-2018, 11:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 11:13 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: The Black Beast with a stunning KO. Absolutely loved that!

All Volkvov had to do was run for 30 seconds and he would've won. Instead, he tried to bang with Lewis and Black Beast knocked him into next week. Geez. What a fight!

Lewis with a classic interview after the fight. I was LMFAO. 

Joe Rogan: "Derrick, why did you take your pants off?"

Derrick Lewis: "My balls was hot."
That was the best post fight interview of all time. Black Beast is always brutally honest and hilarious at the same time. Very underrated personality in the UFC.

I agree with your assessment of the final moments of the fight. Volkvov had Lewis hurt early and lacked the killer instinct to finish the fight and that mistake cost him the fight.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I know it's a longshot, but I hope Pettis beats Ferguson. I do not like him.

Great show from Pettis, but with a broken hand against a killer like Ferguson it was the right call for Pettis’s corner to stop the fight.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Not good for Connor in the first 2 rounds.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

AND STILL!!!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I'm so HAPPY! It was stupid for Khabib to jump out of the ring and attack McGregor's coach, but this was an ugly fight. Khabib took everything McGregor said personally. It wasn't just hype for him and it generated genuine hatred. This is why I hate trash talkers. You say the wrong thing to the wrong guy and you can open pandora's box. Great fight though and great card.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 01:32 AM by Eye of the Storm.)

(10-07-2018, 01:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm so HAPPY! It was stupid for Khabib to jump out of the ring and attack McGregor's coach, but this was an ugly fight. Khabib took everything McGregor said personally. It wasn't just hype for him and it generated genuine hatred. This is why I hate trash talkers. You say the wrong thing to the wrong guy and you can open pandora's box. Great fight though and great card.

Connor talked [BLEEP] about Kabib’s father and that imo is going over the line. Hype the fight but leave family members out. Connor’s mouth wrote a check his [BLEEP] couldn’t cash, and that is what you get.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-07-2018, 01:25 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 01:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm so HAPPY! It was stupid for Khabib to jump out of the ring and attack McGregor's coach, but this was an ugly fight. Khabib took everything McGregor said personally. It wasn't just hype for him and it generated genuine hatred. This is why I hate trash talkers. You say the wrong thing to the wrong guy and you can open pandora's box. Great fight though and great card.

Connor talked [BLEEP] about Kabib’s dead father and that imo is going over the line. Hype the fight but leave family members out. Connor’s mouth wrote a check his [BLEEP] couldn’t cash, and that is what you get.

Khabib's father is alive. He just couldn't get a visa to be at the fight.

(10-07-2018, 01:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 01:25 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Connor talked [BLEEP] about Kabib’s dead father and that imo is going over the line. Hype the fight but leave family members out. Connor’s mouth wrote a check his [BLEEP] couldn’t cash, and that is what you get.

Khabib's father is alive. He just couldn't get a visa to be at the fight.

You’re correct I’ve edited it. He still ran his mouth about Kabib’s family and that’s going above hyping the fight. He also made comments about Kabib’s religion and basically called him a terrorist. When you run your mouth about subjects like that you can expect emotions to run high and that’s what happened.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Everything he said about Khabib was true but Conor got what was coming to him.

This is no game for people from Dagestan. You attack one of there guys and they are gonna strike back, this isn't the end of it by any means either as Conor won't take it lying down.

Fight wise it was pretty predictable. Nobody can hang with Khabib and Conor actually did well to survive. Then we saw Khabib straight up disrespect him by standing with him. If Mcgregor fought Khabib 10 times he probably loses 9 of them

(10-07-2018, 01:44 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 01:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Khabib's father is alive. He just couldn't get a visa to be at the fight.

You’re correct I’ve edited it. He still ran his mouth about Kabib’s family and that’s going above hyping the fight. He also made comments about Kabib’s religion and basically called him a terrorist. When you run your mouth about subjects like that you can expect emotions to run high and that’s what happened.

Very true. In some cultures, you just don't trash talk. Everything is about respect. Khabib felt disrespected with all the mouthing off Conor did over the last few weeks, so something was bound to happen. Not to mention, whatever Conor's coach said to Khabib after the fight. That's what really lit the match.

Lewis was absolutely hilarious - and that overhand right is just devastating.

The main event was a good watch and Khabib absolutely won the fight, but that circus act that went down after the bell was a black eye for the UFC in my opinion. Gotta prevent that stuff.

(10-07-2018, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lewis was absolutely hilarious - and that overhand right is just devastating.

The main event was a good watch and Khabib absolutely won the fight, but that circus act that went down after the bell was a black eye for the UFC in my opinion.  Gotta prevent that stuff.

Derrick Lewis is a national treasure lol. His interview on the post fight show was nearly as good as the the one in the octagon. When asked what he was going to do when he got home he responded “I’m going to go home and throw my wife’s legs up in the air and take it from there.” Man has no filter and I love him for it.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-07-2018, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...2536531968

They were then released, because Conor refused to press charges.