Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade for Tyrod Taylor

With this offensive line, this team needs a mobile QB. We still have time to turn it around. He would fit well with what we run on offense. Or go the expensive route and trade a 2nd for Nick Foles

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 09:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

As much trash as you talk about this team and front office, and you now want to give up a pick for a trash QB. Good God your posts are worse than the front office decisions lol. I was hoping you were smarter than you look, but I was wrong

QB's are tough to go out and get, mostly due to contracts and the money involved. If I had my druthers, I would say go out and try to get Bridgewater or Bradford. Right now Bradford isn't even being dressed on Game days. They are sticking with the rookie and not allowing Bradford to come close to incentives built in to his deal.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(10-22-2018, 09:05 AM)TravC59 Wrote: QB's are tough to go out and get, mostly due to contracts and the money involved. If I had my druthers, I would say go out and try to get Bridgewater or Bradford. Right now Bradford isn't even being dressed on Game days. They are sticking with the rookie and not allowing Bradford to come close to incentives built in to his deal.

Kessler is pretty much the same QB as Bradford and Bridgewater.  An accurate QB, with a quick release, that doesn't have a very strong arm.  The good thing about Kessler is he hadn't had a real chance.  We pretty much know what Teddy an Badford are.  Kessler is still a question mark.  Hopefully he gets his chance.

Please tell me you are trolling. What a horrible front office decision that would be. There is no fix in season. The most you could hope for is the o-line and defense return to last season's form. We develop a dominating running game so we can keep Bortles from throwing as little as possible.

Let the two year tank for Tua begin.

We just gave up a draft pick for Hyde.

You want to give up another one for a Hail Mary flyer to save this season?

Sorry, the FO made their bed now they have to lay in it. We’re on our way to a retool/rebuild. It is what it is

what we should have done instead of trading for hyde was trade a 7th for tyrod taylor, who I believe is a FA after this season so he doesnt tie up our future cap

we traded for a RB who didnt even get to play this week, and may only play 1 game before fournette is "back"

those of you who dont think tyrod taylor would be an upgrade here are once again wrong.. is he a future franchise QB? not even close.. but he's exactly what a bad O-line team needs.. a mobile QB who could use his legs to make plays and would make defenses have to account for that which opens up other things, think of how it is for us vs mobile qb's.. that strain and stress would be put on other teams, and the playaction roll out with taylor or even the read option would help us a ton

but hey, keep on pretending we are qb situation isnt as bad as it is

The "Grass is Always Greener" method of GMing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Honestly, I'd trade for Teddy Bridgewater. He's going to be a FA in the offseason and Bree's is going nowhere.

(10-22-2018, 08:52 AM)BklynJag Wrote: With this offensive line, this team needs a mobile QB. We still have time to turn it around. He would fit well with what we run on offense. Or go the expensive route and trade a 2nd for Nick Foles

Kind of sad when we're looking to the Cleveland backups for help.  Sad but very true.

Sign Matt Moore, what can we lose? Pretty sure he is better than Bortles.

(10-22-2018, 10:33 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 08:52 AM)BklynJag Wrote: With this offensive line, this team needs a mobile QB. We still have time to turn it around. He would fit well with what we run on offense. Or go the expensive route and trade a 2nd for Nick Foles

Kind of sad when we're looking to the Cleveland backups for help.  Sad but very true.

you're right, sad that our starter that we signed to a big deal is worse than clevelands back up

(10-22-2018, 10:11 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: what we should have done instead of trading for hyde was trade a 7th for tyrod taylor, who I believe is a FA after this season so he doesnt tie up our future cap

we traded for a RB who didnt even get to play this week, and may only play 1 game before fournette is "back"

those of you who dont think tyrod taylor would be an upgrade here are once again wrong.. is he a future franchise QB?  not even close.. but he's exactly what a bad O-line team needs.. a mobile QB who could use his legs to make plays and would make defenses have to account for that which opens up other things, think of how it is for us vs mobile qb's.. that strain and stress would be put on other teams, and the playaction roll out with taylor or even the read option would help us a ton

I actually think we already traded next year’s 7th to the Browns for Kessler. Also, I doubt they would take a seventh for Tyrod, what if Mayfield gets injured? The Browns have actually been in every game this year with the exception of the Chargers game. They are still in the wild card discussion.

The other two relevant  questions are do we think this team wins a Super Bowl with Tyrod Taylor at QB this year and what would be his role going forward?
I say no and he may not even be on the team after this year. I’d rather roll with what we have this year and draft our guy next year.

(10-22-2018, 11:25 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 10:11 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: what we should have done instead of trading for hyde was trade a 7th for tyrod taylor, who I believe is a FA after this season so he doesnt tie up our future cap

those of you who dont think tyrod taylor would be an upgrade here are once again wrong.. is he a future franchise QB?  not even close.. but he's exactly what a bad O-line team needs.. a mobile QB who could use his legs to make plays and would make defenses have to account for that which opens up other things, think of how it is for us vs mobile qb's.. that strain and stress would be put on other teams, and the playaction roll out with taylor or even the read option would help us a ton

I actually think we already traded next year’s 7th to the Browns for Kessler. Also, I doubt they would take a seventh for Tyrod, what if Mayfield gets injured? The Browns have actually been in every game this year with the exception of the Chargers game. They are still in the wild card discussion.

The other two relevant  questions are do we think this team wins a Super Bowl with Tyrod Taylor at QB this year and what would be his role going forward?
I say no and he may not even be on the team after this year. I’d rather roll with what we have this year and draft our guy next year.

it's very possible next year there is no QB worth drafting in the 1st round

we could be stuck in this mess a long time because we refused to get involved in the kirk cousins or alex smith sweepstakes

and no he wouldnt get us to the superbowl, but taylor would MAYBE give us a chance at the playoffs by winning the division, but you are right, chances are that ship has sailed and we should probably just play it the rest the way and get our early draft pick so we can pick another bust

(10-22-2018, 11:26 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 11:25 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I actually think we already traded next year’s 7th to the Browns for Kessler. Also, I doubt they would take a seventh for Tyrod, what if Mayfield gets injured? The Browns have actually been in every game this year with the exception of the Chargers game. They are still in the wild card discussion.

it's very possible next year there is no QB worth drafting in the 1st round

we could be stuck in this mess a long time because we refused to get involved in the kirk cousins or alex smith sweepstakes

and no he wouldnt get us to the superbowl, but taylor would MAYBE give us a chance at the playoffs by winning the division, but you are right, chances are that ship has sailed and we should probably just play it the rest the way and get our early draft pick so we can pick another bust

Or because we thought it was smart to refuse to bring any real competition for Bortles, or to draft fragile Fournette over Mahomes or even Watson.

(10-22-2018, 11:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 11:26 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: it's very possible next year there is no QB worth drafting in the 1st round

Or because we thought it was smart to refuse to bring any real competition for Bortles, or to draft fragile Fournette over Mahomes or even Watson.

FWIW, I was one of the few members of the board who wanted Watson or Mahomes in 2017. I even remember calling  someone on the board racist for saying that they didn’t want a black QB and then another member said “I’m black and I prefer white QBs, does that make me racist?” and I replied, “how would you feel if a potential employer or  client said that they preferred a white whatever you do for a living?” I just brought up that conversation because I don’t know how to find old threads and I thought maybe it would jar someone’s memory, anyway I was that guy.

While it is possible that there won’t be a QB worth taking in the first next year it is highly unlikely. If Herbert and Haskins both come out, I’m going to go ahead and say that I think both are worth first round picks.

I agree that passing on Watson and Mahomes or not signing Cousins or A. Smith were bad decisions, but I don’t think that trading for Tyrod Taylor, if he is even available is going to solve anything.

I wanted them too but said Fournette was the easier choice.

Nah. Taylor isn't coming in the middle of the season and doing anything significant at this point. 

Either ride it out with Bortles or see what you have with Kessler. Right now we are not one move away from returning to the AFCCG. There are more issues.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 01:55 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-22-2018, 10:41 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Sign Matt Moore, what can we lose? Pretty sure he is better than Bortles.

dude looks like Bortles

[Image: matt-moore-wife-tara-moore1.jpg?quality=...&strip=all]

[Image: texans_jaguars_football_25066313.jpg?w=525]