Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Too bad on the vet bills, Rico. But good to hear there's a bit more hope.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m stuck in Dallas for two days because weather caused a massive delay in my flight to catch my plane to Korea, which I missed. It took 6 hours to get from JAX to DFW via New Orleans for refuel and then a jaunt north into Oklahoma to go around the weather front. I’ve been running around DFW trying to get my luggage so I’ll have a toothbrush and clean underwear until Thursday when I’m booked on the next available flight. It’s been a long day.

I demand violin music!

(10-09-2018, 07:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m stuck in Dallas for two days because weather caused a massive delay in my flight to catch my plane to Korea, which I missed. It took 6 hours to get from JAX to DFW via New Orleans for refuel and then a jaunt north into Oklahoma to go around the weather front. I’ve been running around DFW trying to get my luggage so I’ll have a toothbrush and clean underwear until Thursday when I’m booked on the next available flight. It’s been a long day.

I demand violin music!

Sheesh.  Now that is a crappy airport day.  And I've had some crappy airport days. 

Hope you've found all the luggage and a stiff drink by the time you see this.

(10-09-2018, 07:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m stuck in Dallas for two days because weather caused a massive delay in my flight to catch my plane to Korea, which I missed. It took 6 hours to get from JAX to DFW via New Orleans for refuel and then a jaunt north into Oklahoma to go around the weather front. I’ve been running around DFW trying to get my luggage so I’ll have a toothbrush and clean underwear until Thursday when I’m booked on the next available flight. It’s been a long day.

I demand violin music!

Hey, at least you've got luggage!  Flying into Jacksonville once, Delta got me here on schedule, but somehow sent my bags to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Sitting in DFW waiting to finally fly out. Third day in the same clothes, one more to go. Hopefully my luggage is there, as they said it would be. I hate American Airlines.

(10-11-2018, 09:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sitting in DFW waiting to finally fly out. Third day in the same clothes, one more to go. Hopefully my luggage is there, as they said it would be. I hate American Airlines.

I'm flying out to see my daughter in Ft. Worth for Christmas.  I'll check to see if you're still there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-11-2018, 10:09 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 09:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sitting in DFW waiting to finally fly out. Third day in the same clothes, one more to go. Hopefully my luggage is there, as they said it would be. I hate American Airlines.

I'm flying out to see my daughter in Ft. Worth for Christmas.  I'll check to see if you're still there.

I was going to ask you to bring deodorant and an extra set of skivvies (preferably new). 

However, I made it to Seoul and after 45 minutes of searching, found my luggage is an office tucked away in a labyrinth. Thank god.  I am RIPE.

(10-12-2018, 04:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 10:09 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm flying out to see my daughter in Ft. Worth for Christmas.  I'll check to see if you're still there.

I was going to ask you to bring deodorant and an extra set of skivvies (preferably new). 

However, I made it to Seoul and after 45 minutes of searching, found my luggage is an office tucked away in a labyrinth. Thank god.  I am RIPE.

Meanwhile, at the American Airlines customer service counter, raging passengers are demanding refunds for enduring an overseas flight sitting next to the "smelly guy"
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-12-2018, 12:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 04:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was going to ask you to bring deodorant and an extra set of skivvies (preferably new). 

Meanwhile, at the American Airlines customer service counter, raging passengers are demanding refunds for enduring an overseas flight sitting next to the "smelly guy"

I could smell myself. You know it’s bad when that happens.

(10-13-2018, 01:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 12:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Meanwhile, at the American Airlines customer service counter, raging passengers are demanding refunds for enduring an overseas flight sitting next to the "smelly guy"

I could smell myself. You know it’s bad when that happens.

So you’re saying you aren’t helping with international relations?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-13-2018, 02:09 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 01:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I could smell myself. You know it’s bad when that happens.

So you’re saying you aren’t helping with international relations?

Kim Jong Un just restarted his nuclear weapons program. I'm getting dirty looks from the Army.

So Yui left BabyMetal, which sucks. But Heineken sixpacks are 40% off, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

(10-19-2018, 10:22 AM)DragonFury Wrote: So Yui left BabyMetal, which sucks. But Heineken sixpacks are 40% off, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Yui didn't leave BabyMetal, BabyMetal left her.

(I don't know if that's true, it just sound good.)

(10-19-2018, 11:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 10:22 AM)DragonFury Wrote: So Yui left BabyMetal, which sucks. But Heineken sixpacks are 40% off, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Yui didn't leave BabyMetal, BabyMetal left her.

Thankfully that's not the case but it sucks either way.

(10-20-2018, 12:47 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 11:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yui didn't leave BabyMetal, BabyMetal left her.

Thankfully that's not the case but it sucks either way.

Just like babymetal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-20-2018, 01:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 12:47 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Thankfully that's not the case but it sucks either way.

Just like babymetal.

Thankfully for you, you don't have to like them. There's plenty of people that already do.

I could go for a cheesesteak.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-25-2018, 02:46 PM)Rico Wrote: I could go for a cheesesteak.

Ugh. Sounds delicious. I found a place near me that does a decent one, but I am trying like hell to get out of the 34 sizes and back in the 33s. Cheesesteak = no bueno

Grilled chicken over a spiralized zucchini salad for me tonight.

Stepped out of the taxi at 8:01, was at the gate at 8:19 including a bathroom stop on the way. How's that for efficiency?