Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carlos Hyde Predictions

(10-28-2018, 02:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 02:37 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 6 rushes? Hello? 

Was Hackett injured on the sideline and his brain couldn't work? 

Ive never seen a team invest so damn much to be a running team and go opposite. It's actually embarassing how much they've invested with Yeldon, Ivory, Fournette, Grant, Hyde, and OLINE. Truly embarassing in todays game.

Hello.

The offense took what they were giving them. Which was wide open receivers underneath against zone coverage. 

They probably should have run on a few of those short yardage conversion opportunities in the second half, IMO, but the o-line was not to be trusted in the run blocking game between the tackles today. 

The offense would have been fine even in the absence of the run today had they not had the drops and the turnover.

LMAO

Yeah took what they were given... 6 carries... lemme guess injuries was the reason?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-28-2018, 02:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 02:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hello.

The offense took what they were giving them. Which was wide open receivers underneath against zone coverage. 

They probably should have run on a few of those short yardage conversion opportunities in the second half, IMO, but the o-line was not to be trusted in the run blocking game between the tackles today. 

The offense would have been fine even in the absence of the run today had they not had the drops and the turnover.

LMAO

Yeah took what they were given... 6 carries... lemme guess injuries was the reason?

Sorry you're so confused.  They absolutely took what was being given by the defense and I'm not sure what keeps you from comprehending such basic concepts. 

They saw what was going on with the run early on and it was clear the backs and line were not making headway. So they found other ways to move the chains. And it worked pretty well. (minus the drops and fumble)

And yes, the 7 injuries to the O-Line and 3 injuries to the RB corps absolutely played a role in how they played and why they didn't keep forcing the issue. Any moron could recognize this, but you're special I guess.

(10-28-2018, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 02:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: LMAO

Sorry you're so confused.  They absolutely took what was being given by the defense and I'm not sure what keeps you from comprehending such basic concepts. 

They saw what was going on with the run early on and it was clear the backs and line were not making headway. So they found other ways to move the chains. And it worked pretty well. (minus the drops and fumble)

And yes, the 7 injuries to the O-Line and 3 injuries to the RB corps absolutely played a role in how they played and why they didn't keep forcing the issue. Any moron could recognize this, but you're special I guess.

Never seen someone defend such brain dead decisions by the staff as much as you do. 

6 carries.. is braindead. There were plenty of chances on downs and short to use him. But yeah keep saying injuries.

(10-28-2018, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sorry you're so confused.  They absolutely took what was being given by the defense and I'm not sure what keeps you from comprehending such basic concepts. 

Never seen someone defend such brain dead decisions by the staff as much as you do. 

6 carries.. is braindead. There were plenty of chances on downs and short to use him. But yeah keep saying injuries.

I didn't defend anything.  What the hell are you talking about?  I'm just telling you what happened on the football field as you're having trouble figuring it out. 

I stated earlier I'd have run the ball an some of those short yardage situations that they passed in, but it was pretty obvious why they kept going to the well. The water was there for the taking.

The iggles are the #2 team in the league vs the run btw, the Jags won't steer the same tack with every opponent down the stretch.

(10-28-2018, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Never seen someone defend such brain dead decisions by the staff as much as you do. 

I didn't defend anything.  What the hell are you talking about?  I'm just telling you what happened on the football field as you're having trouble figuring it out. 

I stated earlier I'd have run the ball an some of those short yardage situations that they passed in, but it was pretty obvious why they kept going to the well. The water was there for the taking.
You're defending 6 carries because "it's what they were given". What a joke lol. They should trade another pick for a RB, why not.

When your line cannot run block, you don't run. It is evident the line is not capable of run block at this time. They are barely capable of giving the QB 2 full seconds to make any type of decision. Run or pass or bail for his life.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-28-2018, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Never seen someone defend such brain dead decisions by the staff as much as you do. 

Until it wasn't, and they failed to adapt by digging a new well with Hyde. Injuries suck, I won't argue with you there, but this is a team that stubbornly insisted on sticking with things that didn't work on both sides of the ball, and it took us out of the game.

(10-28-2018, 03:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I stated earlier I'd have run the ball an some of those short yardage situations that they passed in, but it was pretty obvious why they kept going to the well. The water was there for the taking.

Until it wasn't, and they failed to adapt by digging a new well with Hyde. Injuries suck, I won't argue with you there, but this is a team that stubbornly insisted on sticking with things that didn't work on both sides of the ball, and it took us out of the game.

I share plenty of frustration with fans about isolated play calls and the failures of some of those instances. 

There have been at least three games that had moments when Hackett had me pulling my hair out asking "why??" - but what I'm speaking to in this thread is about the general shying away from the run in this game as a whole. 

Again - I'd have run it on some of the short yardage situations that they passed on.  But again, we're talking about 3 or 4 isolated plays. Not the whole enchilada.

(10-28-2018, 03:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I didn't defend anything.  What the hell are you talking about?  I'm just telling you what happened on the football field as you're having trouble figuring it out. 

You're defending 6 carries because "it's what they were given". What a joke lol. They should trade another pick for a RB, why not.

I gave you a lot more than that quote.  Sorry that's all you could get your head around. 

And again - I'm not defending anything. That's inaccurate. I'm explaining why the pass approach made sense today in London. You'll clearly never understand. 

I have my issues with this staff, the issues I have are just more calculated and measured than your emotional blathering.

(10-28-2018, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 02:55 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: LMAO

Listening to the post game, the hosts made reference to Marrone saying they had no confidence in converting the short yardage on the ground.

If this is true, this is appalling, considering 4/5ths of the offensive line is healthy (enough), and the team spent a lot of money on Norwell.  Was the lack of confidence in the OL, the RBs...what?

The team should be able to pound the ball for one or two yards on occasion.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-28-2018, 03:15 PM)Jagwired Wrote: When your line cannot run block, you don't run. It is evident the line is not capable of run block at this time. They are barely capable of giving the QB 2 full seconds to make any type of decision. Run or pass or bail for his life.

So... the 4 starters on the line forgot how to run block? Eagles came in giving up what 4.5 ypc? Pretty sure that warrants more than 6 carries. Doug is an oline coach too lol. 

Ehhhh, maybe they were hungover and Doug knew it.

(10-28-2018, 03:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:15 PM)Jagwired Wrote: When your line cannot run block, you don't run. It is evident the line is not capable of run block at this time. They are barely capable of giving the QB 2 full seconds to make any type of decision. Run or pass or bail for his life.

So... the 4 starters on the line forgot how to run block? Eagles came in giving up what 4.5 ypc? Pretty sure that warrants more than 6 carries. Doug is an oline coach too lol. 

I think I'd rather trust five hungover guys in run blocking in short yardage than pass blocking.

I know the team fell behind, but they weren't behind far enough to completely abandon the run the way they did until late in the 3rd quarter or so.

Haha then it was brilliant to trade for a RB lol

(10-28-2018, 03:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sorry you're so confused.  They absolutely took what was being given by the defense and I'm not sure what keeps you from comprehending such basic concepts. 

Listening to the post game, the hosts made reference to Marrone saying they had no confidence in converting the short yardage on the ground.

If this is true, this is appalling, considering 4/5ths of the offensive line is healthy (enough), and the team spent a lot of money on Norwell.  Was the lack of confidence in the OL, the RBs...what?

Combination of: new RB on limited playbook/O-line playing hurt/O-line underachieving injury or not/facing the #2 run defense that was selling out to run stop when hand was tipped

If they had Hyde ready to run out of 11 personnel the way Fournette did, they may have had more options there, but he's clearly not got that much playbook digested yet.

And yeah, they should have been able to pick up a few of those on the ground anyway. I think they'll have more smoke and mirrors ready to do that after the bye.

(10-28-2018, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Combination of: new RB on limited playbook/O-line playing hurt/O-line underachieving injury or not/facing the #2 run defense that was selling out to run stop when hand was tipped

If they had Hyde ready to run out of 11 personnel the way Fournette did, they may have had more options there, but he's clearly not got that much playbook digested yet.

They are only #1 in yardage because the secondary is so bad and they try to force you to throw.

YPA is bad and the Jags should have been running the ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 03:55 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(10-28-2018, 03:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So... the 4 starters on the line forgot how to run block? Eagles came in giving up what 4.5 ypc? Pretty sure that warrants more than 6 carries. Doug is an oline coach too lol. 

I think I'd rather trust five hungover guys in run blocking in short yardage than pass blocking.

I know the team fell behind, but they weren't behind far enough to completely abandon the run the way they did until late in the 3rd quarter or so.
Agreed.

(10-28-2018, 03:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Combination of: new RB on limited playbook/O-line playing hurt/O-line underachieving injury or not/facing the #2 run defense that was selling out to run stop when hand was tipped

They are only #1 in yardage because the secondary is so bad and they try to force you to throw.

Yep. Philly came in giving up 4.5 ypc. Their run defense is terrible. No reason to respect it.

(10-28-2018, 03:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

They were looking a lot better than that against Hyde early on.  I'd have run it a few more times, but when they just give you the underneath and Bortles is hitting targets...  the jags clearly didn't need to run it 20 times today. 

I think they came in intending to run Hyde more, but changed course based on the pass defense and how ineffective those early runs were. 

They won't take that approach often. Doesn't concern me unless it becomes more of a trend than this game and a few isolated series earlier in the season.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 04:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

They dont trust the oline, they dont trust the QB, who do they trust? We need players the coaches can trust. Either Dave needs to be fired and a new GM bring in players the coaches can trust or Dave needs to bring in new coaches that trust the players. Time for a change

(10-28-2018, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Listening to the post game, the hosts made reference to Marrone saying they had no confidence in converting the short yardage on the ground.

Combination of: new RB on limited playbook/O-line playing hurt/O-line underachieving injury or not/facing the #2 run defense that was selling out to run stop when hand was tipped

And yeah, they should have been able to pick up a few of those on the ground anyway.  I think they'll have more smoke and mirrors ready to do that after the bye.

Just saw the Marrone clip.  From what I gathered, he was talking about the O-Line.

This was the number one rushing team just a year ago, down one guy along the OL.  What happened to cause him to lose that confidence in the ability to gain a yard or two?!?

I don't think the team has run enough the past month or so-for various reasons-for the him to have lost that much confidence in the OL in run situations, especially now that we have a bigger, between the tackles type of RB.  I thought Hyde had a decent run or two early in the game.

I don't get it.  Was Cam Robinson that important to the running game?

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 04:17 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(10-28-2018, 03:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Haha then it was brilliant to trade for a RB lol

This guy gets it.

(10-28-2018, 04:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They dont trust the oline, they dont trust the QB, who do they trust? We need players the coaches can trust. Either Dave needs to be fired and a new GM bring in players the coaches can trust or Dave needs to bring in new coaches that trust the players.  Time for a change

Exactly! 

The trade for Hyde now just looks dumb as hell. They traded for a RB to not use because they don't trust the oline that has 4 starters on it that led the league in rushing last season. 

Makes. Zero. Sense.