Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cole and Chark cost us that game

(10-28-2018, 06:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 06:31 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: That would had been a very tough catch for Chark.
Opposing TEs are destroying the Jags.

Competent  TEs destroy all defenses. They produce matchup issues. This team has historically been burned by the TEs. Frank Wycheck owned this team.

Had we not cut Eddie Robinson for Bryce Paup, only to drop the latter into coverage like the former....

shaking my head in dismay 20 years later.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We just watched the best QB in the NFC miss about 10 throws (2 of which were dropped picks). I think Blake is allowed to miss one a bit high...

Was it a bit of to Chark, yes, but what do you guys expect from a QB getting his teeth kicked in 80% of the time he drops back?

That pass hit Chark square in his hands. He is a professional athlete. Not some damn pop warner kid. If he wants to be even a decent wide receiver he better make that catch in the future. The pass was there, make the catch and we might win that game.

(10-28-2018, 07:25 PM)PVKnight Wrote: We just watched the best QB in the NFC miss about 10 throws (2 of which were dropped picks). I think Blake is allowed to miss one a bit high...

Was it a bit of to Chark, yes, but what do you guys expect from a QB getting his teeth kicked in 80% of the time he drops back?

Brees missed 10 throws?

(10-28-2018, 04:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Cole regressed mightly. He is a liability out there. Drop and fumble machine.

Today, I started calling him "Drive killing Cole."

I am just that frustrated with him.

He's capable of far better.

Is he a guy who just excels on deep passes?

We won't know since he doesn't seem to get any deep chances these days.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-28-2018, 09:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Today, I started calling him "Drive killing Cole."

I am just that frustrated with him.

He's capable of far better.

Is he a guy who just excels on deep passes?

We won't know since he doesn't seem to get any deep chances these days.

Cole has played horrible with the opportunities that he has had this season.  He would probably just catch the deep ball and fumble it.....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(10-28-2018, 07:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 06:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Competent  TEs destroy all defenses. They produce matchup issues. This team has historically been burned by the TEs. Frank Wycheck owned this team.

Had we not cut Eddie Robinson for Bryce Paup, only to drop the latter into coverage like the former....

shaking my head in dismay 20 years later.

Yeah crazy decisions like those and you wonder why we are where we are?  This franchise will drive you to drink.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-28-2018, 09:52 PM)old_man Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 09:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We won't know since he doesn't seem to get any deep chances these days.

Cole has played horrible with the opportunities that he has had this season.  He would probably just catch the deep ball and fumble it.....

Its an indictment of our team that the one true burner receiver on this team gets drag routes while the lazy one gets the long balls.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We lead the league in drops and we probably lead the league in receiver fumbles.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 10:31 PM by old_man.)

(10-28-2018, 10:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 09:52 PM)old_man Wrote: Cole has played horrible with the opportunities that he has had this season.  He would probably just catch the deep ball and fumble it.....

Its an indictment of our team that the one true burner receiver on this team gets drag routes while the lazy one gets the long balls.

That is true.  All I can figure is Cole is not doing it in practice consistently.

(10-28-2018, 10:28 PM)jj82284 Wrote: We lead the league in drops and we probably lead the league in receiver fumbles.

LOL after today for sure....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Quenton Meeks dropped an easy INT that could have gotten early momentum.

(10-28-2018, 05:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'll never understand the need to place blame on one guy.  (or two in this instance)
Lots went wrong in that game and many things factor into those mistakes and miscues.
It's very, very, rare that you can pin a loss on one thing or one guy.

It’s pretty easy to hang the blame on Cole here.  We’re in perfect position to run out the clock and try to score with little or no time left in the half.  Even if we don’t score, we could have possessed the ball and expired the clock and went into half time up 3.  The one thing you can’t do there is turn the ball over given those circumstances.  Huge swing in the game which easily had the biggest impact on the result.  Not only turned it over but on their side of the field no less.  I’m getting nauseated just thinking about it.

Dude needs to be relegated to WR4 or 5.  Make him earn his way back into everyone’s good graces.  This team is really missing Lee or someone else who can move the chains consistently.

(10-29-2018, 12:35 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 05:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'll never understand the need to place blame on one guy.  (or two in this instance)
Lots went wrong in that game and many things factor into those mistakes and miscues.
It's very, very, rare that you can pin a loss on one thing or one guy.

It’s pretty easy to hang the blame on Cole here.  We’re in perfect position to run out the clock and try to score with little or no time left in the half.  Even if we don’t score, we could have possessed the ball and expired the clock and went into half time up 3.  The one thing you can’t do there is turn the ball over given those circumstances.  Huge swing in the game which easily had the biggest impact on the result.  Not only turned it over but on their side of the field no less.  I’m getting nauseated just thinking about it.

Dude needs to be relegated to WR4 or 5.  Make him earn his way back into everyone’s good graces.  This team is really missing Lee or someone else who can move the chains consistently.

I get that, and you make fine points. I'm talking about the need to pin it on one guy when any number of different things could have changed the outcome had they gone differently.  Sure Cole's mistake may have been among the most blatant, but it's not the sole reason for the loss as there are many factors that also contributed and kept the team from overcoming that error. 

I guess people naturally want to place blame, but I find it odd to lay it all on one guy.

(10-29-2018, 10:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 12:35 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It’s pretty easy to hang the blame on Cole here.  We’re in perfect position to run out the clock and try to score with little or no time left in the half.  Even if we don’t score, we could have possessed the ball and expired the clock and went into half time up 3.  The one thing you can’t do there is turn the ball over given those circumstances.  Huge swing in the game which easily had the biggest impact on the result.  Not only turned it over but on their side of the field no less.  I’m getting nauseated just thinking about it.

I get that, and you make fine points. I'm talking about the need to pin it on one guy when any number of different things could have changed the outcome had they gone differently.  Sure Cole's mistake may have been among the most blatant, but it's not the sole reason for the loss as there are many factors that also contributed and kept the team from overcoming that error. 

I guess people naturally want to place blame, but I find it odd to lay it all on one guy.

We don't have the QB or the offense in general to overcome the blatant errors, but I can't in good conscience lay much blame on Blake for Sunday's loss based on what I saw.  Most teams don't have the guy under center that wipes away blatant errors.

Last year, the defense was so good it either wiped away errors or actually scored for us to put us in the lead which made their job even easier.  They're not doing that this year, but they're still playing well overall.  

On a side note, it looks like Cole had already been demoted or the fumble may have sealed the deal.  I hadn't realized he was in on so few plays.

https://twitter.com/SmolaDS/status/1056884517431111680

(10-29-2018, 11:10 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-29-2018, 10:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I get that, and you make fine points. I'm talking about the need to pin it on one guy when any number of different things could have changed the outcome had they gone differently.  Sure Cole's mistake may have been among the most blatant, but it's not the sole reason for the loss as there are many factors that also contributed and kept the team from overcoming that error. 

We don't have the QB or the offense in general to overcome the blatant errors, but I can't in good conscience lay much blame on Blake for Sunday's loss based on what I saw.  Most teams don't have the guy under center that wipes away blatant errors.

Last year, the defense was so good it either wiped away errors or actually scored for us to put us in the lead which made their job even easier.  They're not doing that this year, but they're still playing well overall.  

On a side note, it looks like Cole had already been demoted or the fumble may have sealed the deal.  I hadn't realized he was in on so few plays.

Glad they've already made that adjustment. 
Westbrook, Moncrief, Chark seems the way to go for now.

Chark had an opportunity to make a fantastic play, just couldn’t quite do it. I wouldn’t call that a drop. Yes, you hope a professional WR makes that catch but it’s still understandable. Part of the reason was he was not on his feet and while watching the game I couldn’t help but think that Wembley stadium is a horrible playing surface. They showed I believe the NFL logo from an overhead view and the field was ripped to shreds. Not an excuse but it is an adjustment for sure. I still think Chark needs more duties at the WR position. He’s proven he can make tough catches. He’s just a rookie. I never thought I’d say this but here goes...can we please just kick the tires on maybe Dez Bryant? Just a big bodied guy with sure hands. And please can we see if Teddy Bridgewater is available for cheap. We will win about 6 games this year, this effectively putting us out of a good QB selection spot
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018, 12:45 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-29-2018, 12:35 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Chark had an opportunity to make a fantastic play, just couldn’t quite do it. I wouldn’t call that a drop. Yes, you hope a professional WR makes that catch but it’s still understandable. Part of the reason was he was not on his feet and while watching the game I couldn’t help but think that Wembley stadium is a horrible playing surface. They showed I believe the NFL logo from an overhead view and the field was ripped to shreds. Not an excuse but it is an adjustment for sure. I still think Chark needs more duties at the WR position. He’s proven he can make tough catches. He’s just a rookie. I never thought I’d say this but here goes...can we please just kick the tires on maybe Dez Bryant? Just a big bodied guy with sure hands. And please can we see if Teddy Bridgewater is available for cheap. We will win about 6 games this year, this effectively putting us out of a good QB selection spot

Dez Bryant?  Sure handed?  You must know a different Dez Bryant.  He tied for the league-lead in drops with Marqise Lee last year and he hasn't played all year this year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-28-2018, 10:45 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Quenton Meeks dropped an easy INT that could have gotten early momentum.

The Jaguars having to depend on a player that wasn't drafted and on their Practice Squad a few weeks is certainly a significant part of the team's overall current situation.

Im not gonna blame Chark for that drop, shouod he have caught it, porbably but hes a rookie and the ball was behind his head with a defender on him...Yes, Cole has been bad, several drops and a couple fumbles over the last 4 games but dont use him as a smoke screen for the disaster that is Blake Bortles... if a few dropped passes and a couple of fumbles is bad then what do u call blakes 8 ints, 6 fumbles and 60% comp rating thus far???? Come on every year u guys find some way to not blame blake... stop it he is the problem... the fewest ints he had was last year at 13 ints!!! And we were a running team. he is at 59% comp rate for his career, this year its all the same with him, a couple turnovers, a bunch of 3 and outs that keeps our defense on the field and tires them out, but 2 or 3 good plays and yall go crazy for him...smh...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(10-29-2018, 07:23 PM)Jords808 Wrote: Im not gonna blame Chark for that drop, shouod he have caught it, porbably but hes a rookie and the ball was behind his head with a defender on him...Yes, Cole has been bad, several drops and a couple fumbles over the last 4 games but dont use him as a smoke screen for the disaster that is Blake Bortles... if a few dropped passes and a couple of fumbles is bad then what do u call blakes 8 ints, 6 fumbles and 60% comp rating thus far???? Come on every year u guys find some way to not blame blake... stop it he is the problem... the fewest ints he had was last year at 13 ints!!! And we were a running team. he is at 59% comp rate for his career, this year its all the same with him, a couple turnovers, a bunch of 3 and outs that keeps our defense on the field and tires them out, but 2 or 3 good plays and yall go crazy for him...smh...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Stop saying we are a running team. We were last year, this year we're throwing 40 passes a game. Your blamecasting is simplistic.