Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler Traded

...to the Rams for a 3rd and a 5th.  Considering they are going to be late in the round picks I don't think this was enough.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At least we have Smoot and Bryan...

Whoa, seriously?! To the Rams?

How are the Rams affording this?

(10-30-2018, 03:43 PM)JagSwag Wrote: How are the Rams affording this?

He is on a rookie contract right now, resining him after this season will be the hard part.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Wow, late 3rd and 5th round picks for the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago?

Again, how does David Caldwell still have a job? Good God!

More importantly I think this speaks on the front offices confidence on the team righting the ship.

Goff is on a rookie contract. Untill hes due they have him for cheap

We traded a role player for a 3rd and 5th round pick. Yes he was our first overall selection a few years back but Yan being taken in the 3rd the next year kind of negates that miss IMO. Good deal for a player 8 games away from playing with another team anyway. Why people are criticizing Caldwell is beyond me
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(10-30-2018, 03:46 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: More importantly I think this speaks on the front offices confidence on the team righting the ship.

Exactly. Maybe it gives us a bit of ammo to move up in the first round for a QB though.

Yeah, two future picks for a backup is more than most would have anticipated for Fowler. We weren't re-signing him at the end of the season, so getting something for a guy who has been, for the most part, underwhelming is a good thing.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-30-2018, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow, late 3rd and 5th round picks for the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago?

He is stupid but Khan is even more stupid and will retain him.

(10-30-2018, 03:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow, late 3rd and 5th round picks for the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago?

He is stupid but Khan is even more stupid and will retain him.

I get that it is good from a point of we weren't retaining him anyway, but this is now 2 top 5 picks Caldwell has made that are no longer on the roster. That isn't acceptable.

No brainer deal, think he'll do better in LA too.

This says a lot. Let the mini-rebuild begin. Up next, QB.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-30-2018, 03:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: ...to the Rams for a 3rd and a 5th.  Considering they are going to be late in the round picks I don't think this was enough.

We weren't going to bring him back, and we got considerably more than he would have returned as a compensatory pick. Good deal for us

I am a big fan of this trade because 1) he was gone in 8 games 2) max comp pick we were getting is a 3rd 3) we get a higher 3rd than the comp pick 4) we also get a future 5th 5) This is a DEEP pass rusher class

We get a little compensation back for a player who's been a disappointment. Fresh start good for everyone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

That’s a win if I’ve ever seen one. Two picks for a guy who was gone anyway and the Rams get a 8 game rental.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-30-2018, 03:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: This says a lot. Let the mini-rebuild begin. Up next, QB.

Agreed! I like the trade but this is telling that he wasn’t needed for our run this year and we’re giving up on 2018. I hope he doesn’t resign with the rams as they’re stacked.