Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump appointed judge orders Jim Acosta’s press pass be reissued

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cnn...index.html
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jim Acosta is a world class [BLEEP]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 12:53 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Then he’s an idiot. It’s simply more legislation from the bench. The White House grants the permits. To say they can’t decide who gets the pass or not is absurd. Especially when he doesn’t follow normal rules of etiquette and makes unwanted contact with employees.

Besides, being Trump-appointed doesn’t make his opinion more meaningful. I personally know one federal judge appointed by Trump. He’s a liberal and doesn’t like him.

They should just make it a point to not call on him and ignore him in the press conferences. That will drive Acosta more crazy than not being there.

The intern he assaulted could also file for a restraining order.

It will be overturned in appeal. No matter how you twist it, that press pass is not a constitutional right. Besides, the judge questioned his 5th Amendment right of due process. So, meet that court's expectation of due process and boot the sucker!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Trumpettes are so easily played. Donald knows what kind of act Acosta has, so he makes sure he calls on him. He's sure to get the reaction from Acosta he wants. He can then respond as a jerk and everyone is happy.

"Oh, they're being mean to my boy" - from the supporters of both sides.

Donald wasn't on television for nothing.

And I love how the Kavenaugh defenders are so quick to accuse Acosta of assault. Priceless.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 01:36 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-16-2018, 01:26 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Trumpettes are so easily played. Donald knows what kind of act Acosta has, so he makes sure he calls on him. He's sure to get the reaction from Acosta he wants. He can then respond as a jerk and everyone is happy.

And I love how the Kavenaugh defenders are so quick to accuse Acosta of assault. Priceless.

This post perfectly embodies every one of your posts. You insult, ignore, and deflect. Every. Single. Time.

Easily played? The White House literally has the power to grant privileges to certain members of the press. Do you disagree?

Defending Kavanaugh from 30-year-old allegations from a "victim" that has no evidence and lied during her testimony is not the same as SEEING someone make unwanted contact with staff members. I can't imagine how someone could stretch this to even remotely resemble the Kavanaugh hearings.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 02:04 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-16-2018, 01:26 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Trumpettes are so easily played.

The real problem is that there are much more significant issues in which the Trump supporters fully support that they lose sight of reality when rulings such as this go against Trump.

[Image: democracy2.gif]

(11-16-2018, 01:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:26 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Trumpettes are so easily played. Donald knows what kind of act Acosta has, so he makes sure he calls on him. He's sure to get the reaction from Acosta he wants. He can then respond as a jerk and everyone is happy.

This post perfectly embodies every one of your posts. You insult, ignore, and deflect. Every. Single. Time.

Easily played? The White House literally has the power to grant privileges to certain members of the press. Do you disagree?

Defending Kavanaugh from 30-year-old allegations from a "victim" that has no evidence and lied during her testimony is not the same as SEEING someone make unwanted contact with staff members. I can't imagine how someone could stretch this to even remotely resemble the Kavanaugh hearings.

JagNGeorgia, try to disregard who the post was from and consider it on the merits.  Adam2012 is 100% right this time.
Maybe Trump could simply stop calling on Acosta.  He never had to call on Acosta in the first place, last week.
Trump called on Acosta so that he could take an opportunity to insult Acosta and the organization he works for.  At any time while Acosta was holding the mic, Trump could have broken eye contact and called on someone else.  He didn't.  He *wanted* to keep talking about Acosta and keep talking about CNN, to make *them* keep talking about *him*.
If you can't see that all of it, including what's being said today, was a theatrical move fit for professional wrestling or "reality" TV, please, go outside for a while and meet some real people and get a fresh perspective on life.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I think the time has come to check your parents basement for asbestos or black mold.

I hate Acosta and think he's a turd. I agreed with Trump's action/punishment... and I also agree with this judge ordering it be reissued.

The slap on the wrist for being a bad boy in the press pit served its purpose and exposed Jim for what he is.

If he keeps up his act though... Trump will find a way to make it stick.
Honestly... Acosta is a tool. And the press shouldn't want him around. CNN should send someone else.

But this is the Hollywood DC drama that everyone tunes in for these days.
It's gross.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 02:30 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-16-2018, 01:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: This post perfectly embodies every one of your posts. You insult, ignore, and deflect. Every. Single. Time.

JagNGeorgia, try to disregard who the post was from and consider it on the merits.  Adam2012 is 100% right this time.
Maybe Trump could simply stop calling on Acosta.  He never had to call on Acosta in the first place, last week.
Trump called on Acosta so that he could take an opportunity to insult Acosta and the organization he works for.  At any time while Acosta was holding the mic, Trump could have broken eye contact and called on someone else.  He didn't.  He *wanted* to keep talking about Acosta and keep talking about CNN, to make *them* keep talking about *him*.
If you can't see that all of it, including what's being said today, was a theatrical move fit for professional wrestling or "reality" TV, please, go outside for a while and meet some real people and get a fresh perspective on life.

But he isn't.

You can't claim that Trump wants to stifle free speech and say that he wants to call on Acosta, or you can't say he wants Acosta there to insult him while also saying that he wants to get rid of him by revoking his press pass. Those two arguments don't jive. Trump isn't going to avoid Acosta because he isn't scared of him. He revoked Acosta's pass because of Acosta's behavior. 

Trump repeatedly told Acosta to sit down and made it clear that he no longer intended to answer his questions. Acosta, instead, spoke over him and continued despite Trump calling on others. He broke eye contact four times and called on someone else two times. Trump said, "That's enough" seven times. How in the world can you interpret that as him wanting that exchange with Acosta / CNN? I don't need to "go outside", but you may need to watch the video again.

(11-16-2018, 01:53 PM)Kane Wrote: I hate Acosta and think he's a turd. I agreed with Trump's action/punishment... and I also agree with this judge ordering it be reissued.

The slap on the wrist for being a bad boy in the press pit served its purpose and exposed Jim for what he is.

I agree that he should get it back but with the White House's approval. This should be a slap on the wrist (as you said).

The issue with a judge saying that a revocation of one's press pass is a violation of the 1st and 5th amendment is saying that everyone is entitled to a press pass.

(11-16-2018, 01:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: This post perfectly embodies every one of your posts. You insult, ignore, and deflect. Every. Single. Time.

He did call on someone else.  Acosta wouldn't pass the Mic.  The intern went to get the Mike and at the least Acosta acted like a jerk.  You don't treat young women like that especially those just trying to do their job.  

I respect Trump for roasting him and hope he keeps on roasting him.  

As for Trump appointed, republican appointees have a long history of turncoatery.

(11-16-2018, 02:27 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: JagNGeorgia, try to disregard who the post was from and consider it on the merits.  Adam2012 is 100% right this time.

But he isn't.

You can't claim that Trump wants to stifle free speech and say that he wants to call on Acosta, or you can't say he wants Acosta there to insult him while also saying that he wants to get rid of him by revoking his press pass. Those two arguments don't jive. Trump isn't going to avoid Acosta because he isn't scared of him. He revoked Acosta's pass because of Acosta's behavior. 

Trump repeatedly told Acosta to sit down and made it clear that he no longer intended to answer his questions. Acosta, instead, spoke over him and continued despite Trump calling on others. He broke eye contact four times and called on someone else two times. Trump said, "That's enough" seven times. How in the world can you interpret that as him wanting that exchange with Acosta / CNN? I don't need to "go outside", but you may need to watch the video again.

(11-16-2018, 01:53 PM)Kane Wrote: I hate Acosta and think he's a turd. I agreed with Trump's action/punishment... and I also agree with this judge ordering it be reissued.

I agree that he should get it back but with the White House's approval. This should be a slap on the wrist (as you said).

The issue with a judge saying that a revocation of one's press pass is a violation of the 1st and 5th amendment is saying that everyone is entitled to a press pass.
I totally get that because it sets a bad precedent.

But not everyone is entitled to a press pass and I don't think that is what this judge is saying. It's just that Trump can't go around pulling press passes willy nilly. There is a real conversation to be had on how Acosta acts and how the press should act regardless of who is President... but Trump can't be allowed to just start pulling passes freely anymore than we can allow other politicians to take gun rights away so easily or personal medical rights. Just like a President shouldn't have been allowed to pass legislature than forced people to buy a product.....

but I digress.

Bottom line, Jim Acosta wasn't man enough to apologize to the young woman.

(11-16-2018, 01:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They should just make it a point to not call on him and ignore him in the press conferences. That will drive Acosta more crazy than not being there.

"assaulted"

So what's it called when someone grabs someone else's genitals without the other person's consent?

(11-16-2018, 02:41 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They should just make it a point to not call on him and ignore him in the press conferences. That will drive Acosta more crazy than not being there.

"assaulted"

So what's it called when someone grabs someone else's genitals without the other person's consent?

"They let you" implies consent, not lack there of.

(11-16-2018, 02:41 PM)TJBender Wrote:

"assaulted"

Again, when did this happen, and to whom?

(11-16-2018, 02:38 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: JagNGeorgia, try to disregard who the post was from and consider it on the merits.  Adam2012 is 100% right this time.

He did call on someone else.  Acosta wouldn't pass the Mic.  The intern went to get the Mike and at the least Acosta acted like a jerk.  You don't treat young women like that especially those just trying to do their job.  

As for Trump appointed, republican appointees have a long history of turncoatery.

Yes, early on, he did call on someone else, and Jim did refuse to yield the floor but that was far from the end of it.
Initially, Jim was in the wrong for failing to hand over the microphone and let someone else from the press speak, but that kind of thing has happened at other events with other Presidents and other leaders.  All the leader has to do is refuse to answer and insist on moving on.  But only a couple of seconds later, the President was at fault for continuing to insult Jim and his employer even though supposedly he wanted to move on to someone else's question.  None of this would have made the news, and none of us would be debating whether Acosta put his hands on the intern, if the President had simply stopped talking about Jim and CNN and answered the next question.
None of the assembled press were there to find out the President's opinion of Jim or of CNN.
The President wanted the next news cycle to be about how much he hates CNN.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-16-2018, 03:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 02:38 PM)jj82284 Wrote: He did call on someone else.  Acosta wouldn't pass the Mic.  The intern went to get the Mike and at the least Acosta acted like a jerk.  You don't treat young women like that especially those just trying to do their job.  

Yes, early on, he did call on someone else, and Jim did refuse to yield the floor but that was far from the end of it.
Initially, Jim was in the wrong for failing to hand over the microphone and let someone else from the press speak, but that kind of thing has happened at other events with other Presidents and other leaders.  All the leader has to do is refuse to answer and insist on moving on.  But only a couple of seconds later, the President was at fault for continuing to insult Jim and his employer even though supposedly he wanted to move on to someone else's question.  None of this would have made the news, and none of us would be debating whether Acosta put his hands on the intern, if the President had simply stopped talking about Jim and CNN and answered the next question.
None of the assembled press were there to find out the President's opinion of Jim or of CNN.
The President wanted the next news cycle to be about how much he hates CNN.
Pretty naive of you to believe that none of this would have made the news  if not for Trump. His every move good or bad is scrutinized with the ugliest of intent. The President could have shut his pie hole and moved on while Acosta continued to be disrespectful...on the mic he refused to give up...Trump is wrong for not addressing Acosta. The President stops the press conference and walks out...he's a child and wrong once again. See where this is going? How about this childish media flexing ceases and they start respecting the position whether they like the guy or not. This Trump bashing narrative treadmill is getting pretty tiring and worn out.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]