Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scott Milanovich new play caller and Cody Kessler new starting QB

(11-28-2018, 05:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've been stupid busy and traveling for two weeks so I haven't been able to comment on the state of the offense, but I'm glad they've moved on from Hackett and Bortles.

I tried to believe in the good things Hackett had done and had hope he'd learn from the 2017 tape what wouldn't work for this offense.  
It didn't happen.
It looked like the Fournette/Grant backfield coupled with play-action deep shots plan might come around and be productive before the injury bug, but everything fell into this inability to convert while daring defenses to load up against the most obvious run calls I've ever seen. Throw in the onslaught of Bortles accuracy fails, and something had to give.

The O-Line will make it tough to win, but a less predictable run game and a more accurate passer will be more fun to watch from here on out at least.

This might be the most ridiculous thing you have ever said. NOW you want to say yes fire Hackett... BENCH... BORTLES... dude I knew you were a Marrone die hard but not this hard.... you going all out!!! If there ever was a Marrone SOS message in the sky..... its now lol... a couple wins saves his job.... such a joke lol. HE IS BAD.... MOVE ON!

So Marrone is 'saving his job' by firing Hackett?  Ummm...who hired Hackett?  Talk about saying ridiculous things.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it's gonna get ugly.

New OC means new playbook/system? Are they rolling with that and having to learnt it right away?

Even more injuries on the O-line now since the Bills game.

LF is suspended for being a freaking bonehead.

It could get real ugly real fast for Kessler.

(11-28-2018, 09:13 AM)jagherd Wrote: I think it's gonna get ugly.

New OC means new playbook/system? Are they rolling with that and having to learnt it right away?

No, they'll keep the same playbook/offense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

They're setting him up for failure and if he at all looks competent, that's bad news for the coaching staff. It means they essentially made the wrong choice after the Texans game.

I am pretty sure that the coaches know what they have in Kessler.

This is just to show the fans, what they already know.

Kessler will be lucky to play 2 to 3 games, before being knock out of the game.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Kessler 13 games - 7 TDs, 2 INTs, 5 Fumbles

(11-28-2018, 10:10 AM)old_man Wrote: I am pretty sure that the coaches know what they have in Kessler.

This is just to show the fans,  what they already know.

I agree.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(11-28-2018, 08:43 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Is it fair to assume that Milanovic is gonna be trash?

Dont know he has championships under his belt. Although it was the CFL he won 2 grey cups as a OC and 1 as a HC. Has never got the NFL chance id like to see what he can come up with using the same play book but calling better plays out of it.

(11-28-2018, 10:10 AM)old_man Wrote: I am pretty sure that the coaches know what they have in Kessler.

This is just to show the fans,  what they already know.

HAHAHAHAHA You think Marrone is making this decision for the fans? Get outta here with that garbage.

Yes. Just to confirm that Kessler is no better than Bortles.

I feel certain they'll keep the playbook/system. No time to change.  Maybe just install a few wrinkles into a few well known plays to shake things up. 

I share your thoughts that the O-Line decimation and loss of a back are going to make it a tough battle for the offense. 

I do think we'll see better execution of the quick release dink and dunk stuff from Kessler though, so despite having his back against the wall, the offense may be able to increase their conversion rate a little bit.

(11-28-2018, 11:34 AM)old_man Wrote: Yes.  Just to confirm that Kessler is no better than Bortles.

I agree. It has happened multiple times.

Kessler wont last past 3 games IMO. He may get hurt behind this line.

Next you guys will be asking for Landry Jones to come back.

or Todd Bauman.
#iamlegend

(11-28-2018, 11:34 AM)old_man Wrote: Yes.  Just to confirm that Kessler is no better than Bortles.

We're going to find that out.  (about who's better - I don't think it has anything to do with what fans want) I suspect it's probably true that one is no better than the other, but Bortles has been so bad lately, Kessler might appear better by simply throwing simple passes under 10 yards to his receivers that are just reasonably on target. 

I don't think there's a soul in the fanbase or front office that wants to go into 2019 with a QB room that features Bortles and Kessler as your top two options. There will be new blood. 

The remainder of this season is about determining more accurately how much of the offensive ineptitude was from the OC, how much was from the QB,  how much was injury, and how much was general lack of talent.

Blake came from a spread offense in college where he was pretty good. Simlar to Watson and Mahomes.. They Brought him here and tried to make him a under center drop back QB similer to ben and TB. Watson and mahomes and others are doing well because The OC took what they did in college and adapted it to the NFL with the spread fast pace offense. I would like to see a OC come in here and see what we could do with Blake in that type of offense. If you remember the Pats game this year that was the closest we had run the Spread offense and we did well with it I cant for the life of me figure out how the idiots went back to 2 yards and a cloud of dust in the next game. I think ig we can get a good QB in the draft and get a new OC who knows how to run an offense we can be servicable with Blake or kessler next year but im afraid ppl are going to find out how really bad kessler is.

You're delusional if you think a coach is going to listen to anything the fans want.

Blake has been so bad and the season is over that it's time to put in Kessler and see if he can get a spark. Marrone is on the hot seat and if you think he knowingly will put in Kessler hoping to prove a point to the fans, I have some land in Pandora to sell you.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 12:26 PM by Jay Carter 904.)

(11-28-2018, 12:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Blake came from a spread offense in college where he was pretty good. Simlar to Watson and Mahomes.. They Brought him here and tried to make him a under center drop back QB similer to ben and TB. Watson and mahomes and others are doing well because The OC took what they did in college and adapted it to the NFL with the spread fast pace offense. I would like to see a OC come in here and see what we could do with Blake in that type of offense. If you remember the Pats game this year that was the closest we had run the Spread offense and we did well with it I cant for the life of me figure out how the idiots went back to 2 yards and a cloud of dust in the next game. I think ig we can get a good QB in the draft and get a new OC who knows how to run an offense we can be servicable with Blake or kessler next year but im afraid ppl are going to find out how really bad kessler is.

https://tenor.com/view/finally-gif-4924667
#iamlegend

(11-28-2018, 12:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Blake came from a spread offense in college where he was pretty good. Simlar to Watson and Mahomes.. They Brought him here and tried to make him a under center drop back QB similer to ben and TB. Watson and mahomes and others are doing well because The OC took what they did in college and adapted it to the NFL with the spread fast pace offense. I would like to see a OC come in here and see what we could do with Blake in that type of offense. If you remember the Pats game this year that was the closest we had run the Spread offense and we did well with it I cant for the life of me figure out how the idiots went back to 2 yards and a cloud of dust in the next game. I think ig we can get a good QB in the draft and get a new OC who knows how to run an offense we can be servicable with Blake or kessler next year but im afraid ppl are going to find out how really bad kessler is.
Or people will find out he should have been starting all along.

I don't think Kessler will get knocked out. Maybe but we'll see. I think a more likely scenario is that he'll play pretty well for a couple of games which will result in a certain number of posters here anointing him the Next Great Quarterback. After that, defensive coordinators will start to get a handle on him and he'll be much less effective. I wouldn't mind keeping him on as the backup though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 12:44 PM by old_man.)

"The remainder of this season is about determining more accurately how much of the offensive ineptitude was from the OC, how much was from the QB"

That is hard to due, when you remove two of the possible issues at the same time.

(11-28-2018, 12:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
You're delusional if you think a coach is going to listen to anything the fans want.

Blake has been so bad and the season is over that it's time to put in Kessler and see if he can get a spark. Marrone is on the hot seat and if you think he knowingly will put in Kessler hoping to prove a point to the fans, I have some land in Pandora to sell you.

Not just for the fans, but to ultimately confirm what they thought and kick the tires.

It could also be a deciding factor on keeping Kessler or Blake for a backup role next year.

(11-28-2018, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Or people will find out he should have been starting all along.

Unlikely.