Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scott Milanovich new play caller and Cody Kessler new starting QB

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 03:43 PM by irontrooper83.)

Just announced by Doug on press conference

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

milanovich i like not so sure about kessler

Wow.

Wow

Bortles officially done
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Good --- what have you got to lose. Might as well !!!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 03:47 PM by jaguarmvp.)

[Image: yes-boy-vector-clipart_csp14311907.jpg]

Watching Bortles throw short routes into the dirt was just embarrassing
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

So, does this mean that Hackett actually wanted to stick with Bortles?

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 03:50 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Hopefully Kessler knows the playbook.

[Image: 283523.image0.jpg]

Doug's a [BLEEP].

So... this makes no sense at all to me. You fired Hackett. Now you're benching Bortles. You should have at least given Hackett a chance with Kessler. This looks like a last stand for Doug. Looking at a whole new staff next year. All of these moves now are just Doug covering his own [BLEEP] and trying to save face.

These decisions should have been made after the home loss to the tinhorns. Just dumb...
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

does this mean that macado is coming in to be the QB coach?

At least we arent in tank mode. I see us going on a win streak

(11-26-2018, 03:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Doug's a [BLEEP].

So... this makes no sense at all to me. You fired Hackett. Now you're benching Bortles. You should have at least given Hackett a chance with Kessler. This looks like a last stand for Doug. Looking at a whole new staff next year. All of these moves now are just Doug covering his own [BLEEP] and trying to save face.

These decisions should have been made after the home loss to the tinhorns. Just dumb...

Agree, that is why I am questioning the benching of Bortles and if it is something Hackett actually wanted but couldn't have.

We all know what type of character Marrone has, so nothing should really surprise anyone.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 03:54 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(11-26-2018, 03:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Doug's a [BLEEP].

Just had the same thought. Usually a coordinator loses his job because the playcalls suck, and the current lineup should be better. Firing Hackett AND benching bortles kinda makes it look like marrone doesnt quite know what's wrong. 
Mike mularkey lookin for a job..

Good luck you guys
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Well the most popular player on the team, the Backup QB is not going to be so popular anymore. Im going to start a Monday Thread for next week, "Kessler SUCKS".
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-26-2018, 03:41 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: milanovich i like not so sure about Kessler

Milanovich resume as a former NFL player and a coach is very uninspiring.  Tanking still in process for Haskins.

Whomever signed off on Bortles' extension should be fired today as well. This is not enough.

Didn’t see that coming. Marrone is actually trying to win it seems. He’s in desperation mode

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 03:58 PM by TJBender.)

(11-26-2018, 03:48 PM)Stroud Crowd1 Wrote: So, does this mean that Hackett actually wanted to stick with Bortles?

Hackett said post-firing that he thought he was being summoned to Moron's office to talk about a QB change. Sounds like it's something he'd at least discussed before. 

Just gotta throw this out there: Hackett isn't the guy that lost the hearts and minds of the team and control of the locker room. Moron is approaching Hue Jackson levels of suck.

(11-26-2018, 03:58 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 03:48 PM)Stroud Crowd1 Wrote: So, does this mean that Hackett actually wanted to stick with Bortles?

Hackett said post-firing that he thought he was being summoned to Moron's office to talk about a QB change. Sounds like it's something he'd at least discussed before. 

Just gotta throw this out there: Hackett isn't the guy that lost the hearts and minds of the team and control of the locker room. Moron is approaching Hue Jackson levels of suck.

I agree. I am not defending Hackett, the timing of the QB change just seems odd.