Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kessler provided the needed spark today on offense.....

All he does is win?

Except at Cleveland.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-02-2018, 05:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: For those saying "all he did was check it down".

He went after it with Westbrook. Had Westbrook ran some cleaner routes today he had at least two chunk plays. He was also using his legs. And more importantly.

He didn't turn the [BLEEP] football over. Bet money Ba-La-K coughs it up once or twice in this one. I'll take Captain Checkdown 2.0 all day.

There's a reason why today's game was the lowest scoring game of the year and scoring only 6 points isn't going to win you many games. It just so happened that the Defense was incredible today.

I get that. But for a guy making his first official start on a pretty [BLEEP] offense in general with no Fournette? He did enough to get it done. And, if he can get more comfortable with Westbrook and with Fournette in the line-up? I think we'll see more than 6 points next weekend.

It's just good to get a win man. I'll take it. Defense balled out. I am still all in for Haskins or Grier at QB in about four months from now though. We'll see. But Kessler deserves a little bit more love. Dude took an [BLEEP] beating today back there. That one pass to Moncrief on 3rd and long was great.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He didn't do enough. He scored 6 points despite all the turnovers the D got.

It was probably the best defensive performance in franchise history.

Kessler is franchise. His handoff efficiency is off the charts.

Well, he completed 75% of his passes. Think Bortles could do that in a flag football game?

And every ball I saw was a crisp spiral that he looked relaxed throwing, so there's that drastic improvement as well.

You guys really believe we would've won today with Bortles under center?

(12-02-2018, 05:29 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Well, he completed 75% of his passes. Think Bortles could do that in a flag football game?

And every ball I saw was a crisp spiral that he looked relaxed throwing, so there's that drastic improvement as well.

At this point in the season a win is actually a loss for fans that will be around for years to come.

Congrats to Kessler for continually managing to recover his own fumbles.

Yes.

He did much better against the colts as recently as three weeks ago and would have won easily if the D wasn't garbage in the first half.

(12-02-2018, 05:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Yes.

He did much better against the colts as recently as three weeks ago and would have won easily if the D wasn't garbage in the first half.

The problem with that argument is that Blake could've thrown for 275 and a couple TDs in a blowout win or just as easily had multiple turnovers deep in our territory to lose us the game.

Bortles started 2-0 on the season, and we all saw how that turned out.

(12-02-2018, 05:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:29 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Well, he completed 75% of his passes. Think Bortles could do that in a flag football game?

At this point in the season a win is actually a loss for fans that will be around for years to come.

Denver, Tampa and the NY Giants all won today, so it’s a wash as far as QB draft position goes.

We just scored 6 points!

Bortles has shown he can make the championship game with good D play as recently as last season!

(12-02-2018, 05:43 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: At this point in the season a win is actually a loss for fans that will be around for years to come.

Denver, Tampa and the NY Giants all won today, so it’s a wash as far as QB draft position goes.

What does that mean? That the Jaguars could have improved their draft position but instead won a game where the offense managed two field goals?

Bortles shredded Indy just a few weeks ago lol

the defense really showed up to play,and stop the colts today which they did. all kessler did was not turn the ball over espaissley the one he fubled,and recovered it himself. would bortles done better,probbley not. at same time though kessler isn't the a franchise qb,and the savior of the franchise beomeing a super bowl winner. the defense played the best the whole game today then they have all season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

After a star studded game like today I doubt we'll be able to afford to re-sign Kessler. We're talking Kirk Cousins level!

What's his contract status for next year?

/sarc

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Kessler with the shutout

(12-02-2018, 05:45 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:43 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Denver, Tampa and the NY Giants all won today, so it’s a wash as far as QB draft position goes.

What does that mean? That the Jaguars could have improved their draft position but instead won a game where the offense managed two field goals?

Honestly, I was just trying to ease the “pain” of this win for you and guys like you.

Yes the D showed up big time....luck's first ever shut out.
But give the kid credit.....he delivered.

No way do ANY of you guys know which bortles would show up.....no way.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Kesser's ball placement was crap today. Better spirals amd running for his life. Hopefully he does better. A good QB isn't on our roster but we kinda of knew that already.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Bortles losses the game with stupid turnovers
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]