Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kessler provided the needed spark today on offense.....

I think he did well throwing the ball 5 yards behind the LOS. Basic Canadian football.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 10:13 AM by old_man.)

He is very mobile as well..
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-03-2018, 10:13 AM)old_man Wrote: He is very mobile as well..

He has a mobile phone.
#iamlegend

(12-02-2018, 11:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Kinda of odd they fired Hackett and did the same things. Probably could have just benched Borrles without a firing but you gotta have a show. I don't have a problem with letting anyone go it just is odd.

I sure hope we don't get smacked next week.

So you're expecting a completely new offense to be installed and run in 5 days or less?

I'll reserve judgment on the coordinator until the end of season.  By then, we should see if any innovations or wrinkles to the playbook are added.

(12-03-2018, 11:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 11:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Kinda of odd they fired Hackett and did the same things. Probably could have just benched Borrles without a firing but you gotta have a show. I don't have a problem with letting anyone go it just is odd.

I sure hope we don't get smacked next week.

So you're expecting a completely new offense to be installed and run in 5 days or less?

I'll reserve judgment on the coordinator until the end of season.  By then, we should see if any innovations or wrinkles to the playbook are added.

No I didn't expect to see some drastic change.  I got to see spirals and a bit faster release.  I meant they could have just benched Bortles.  It is all good just going to watch and offer comments on a fan forum people can disagree with regularly.  I'll learn somethings and impart some fandom stuff in the exchange of ideas and observations.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-03-2018, 10:33 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:

He has a mobile phone.

lol

(12-03-2018, 09:54 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: I think he did well throwing the ball 5 yards behind the LOS. Basic Canadian football.

What the heck were they thinking on that Dede Westbrook play?  I thought it was going to be a trick play resulting in Dede throwing the ball but he showed no sign of that happening.

Scary play.

(12-03-2018, 11:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 09:54 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: I think he did well throwing the ball 5 yards behind the LOS. Basic Canadian football.

What the heck were they thinking on that Dede Westbrook play?  I thought it was going to be a trick play resulting in Dede throwing the ball but he showed no sign of that happening.

Right.

Whats even crazier is that they did it multiple times to Hyde, and Yeldon. Idk what we were doing. We may as well get that running start motion thing like in Arena football if we are gonna run plays like that.
#iamlegend

He showed more mobility than I expected. I was expecting him to be a sitting duck but he got out of trouble a couple of times. But no, Deshaun Watson he's not.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-03-2018, 11:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Giving him 10 more yards to get up a full head of steam before he hit the 3 guys. Smile

If by providing a spark you mean he didn't do anything to lose the game, absolutely. He provided a spark.

The passing offense was anemic, as expected. Some of it was breakdowns in protection, but overall, I think it was just Kessler's level of comfort in the pocket. There were a few times he rushed passes or stepped up into sacks when he didn't need to. Overall, he didn't pull a Blake and kill a drive with an untimely turnover. He didn't make any mental mistakes that caused a turnover. But, he did miss occasional open guys, which was to be expected since this is his first start of the year. I think he proved enough yesterday to warrant the gig the rest of the season, and possibly gives him an opportunity to earn the backup role moving forward. He'll get more comfortable in the pocket, and as he does, his passing game should become more of a factor.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-03-2018, 11:55 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: What the heck were they thinking on that Dede Westbrook play?  I thought it was going to be a trick play resulting in Dede throwing the ball but he showed no sign of that happening.

Right.

Whats even crazier is that they did it multiple times to Hyde, and Yeldon. Idk what we were doing. We may as well get that running start motion thing like in Arena football if we are gonna run plays like that.

No they didn't. I just rewatched the entire game. That play to westbrook was one isolated screw up of execution by either the QB (dropback) or the WR (route) or, more than likely, both. 

It was one busted play. Not a big deal.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 04:25 PM by Cleatwood.)

(12-03-2018, 04:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:55 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Right.

No they didn't. I just rewatched the entire game. That play to westbrook was one isolated screw up of execution by either the QB (dropback) or the WR (route) or, more than likely, both. 

Forgive him. He's trying to get in every last drop while he becomes the last man on the Bortles hill.

(12-03-2018, 02:40 PM)FBT Wrote: If by providing a spark you mean he didn't do anything to lose the game, absolutely.  He provided a spark.

The passing offense was anemic, as expected.  Some of it was breakdowns in protection, but overall, I think it was just Kessler's level of comfort in the pocket.  There were a few times he rushed passes or stepped up into sacks when he didn't need to.  Overall, he didn't pull a Blake and kill a drive with an untimely turnover.  He didn't make any mental mistakes that caused a turnover.  But, he did miss occasional open guys, which was to be expected since this is his first start of the year.  I think he proved enough yesterday to warrant the gig the rest of the season, and possibly gives him an opportunity to earn the backup role moving forward.  He'll get more comfortable in the pocket, and as he does, his passing game should become more of a factor.

I was being sarcastic.  For the #FREEKESSLER homers.

(12-03-2018, 04:45 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 02:40 PM)FBT Wrote: If by providing a spark you mean he didn't do anything to lose the game, absolutely.  He provided a spark.

The passing offense was anemic, as expected.  Some of it was breakdowns in protection, but overall, I think it was just Kessler's level of comfort in the pocket.  There were a few times he rushed passes or stepped up into sacks when he didn't need to.  Overall, he didn't pull a Blake and kill a drive with an untimely turnover.  He didn't make any mental mistakes that caused a turnover.  But, he did miss occasional open guys, which was to be expected since this is his first start of the year.  I think he proved enough yesterday to warrant the gig the rest of the season, and possibly gives him an opportunity to earn the backup role moving forward.  He'll get more comfortable in the pocket, and as he does, his passing game should become more of a factor.

I was being sarcastic.  For the #FREEKESSLER homers.

You have a habit of confusing being sick of Bortles with being high on Kessler.

(12-03-2018, 04:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 04:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: No they didn't. I just rewatched the entire game. That play to westbrook was one isolated screw up of execution by either the QB (dropback) or the WR (route) or, more than likely, both. 

Forgive him. He's trying to get in every last drop while he becomes the last man on the Bortles hill.

Feels about right.  I appreciate the apt description of the last stand.  General Custer gives a hat tip.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

In my opinion, we are worse at QB with Kessler over Bortles... but not that much worse.  The spirals looked better and rather than throwing behind the receiver there were throws way in front or over receivers.  I really don't see much of a difference.  As of matter of fact, and I hate to say this, I think Bortles is probably the better option by virtue of mobility/durability.  At one point I thought that we were going to see Bortles come in yesterday.  Kessler took a big shot and looked kind of shaken-up after one play that was flagged (finally) for roughing the passer.

I can see the team possibly testing free agency/possible trades in the off-season.  Both QB's that we have pretty much suck and are not the answer.  Either one would be suitable in a backup role, but definitely not a franchise QB.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have no idea how anyone watching the game could say we are better with kessler than bortles. He even nearly botched one drive with a fumble so there's no proof he's more careful with the ball either.

Blake was much better versus the colts 3 weeks back let's not pretend otherwise. He's a far more dangerous runner too which is important with our inability to pass block.

(12-03-2018, 05:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 04:45 PM)old_man Wrote: I was being sarcastic.  For the #FREEKESSLER homers.

You have a habit of confusing being sick of Bortles with being high on Kessler.

Uhhhh...  Ok.