Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Play calling by Milanovich

(12-03-2018, 12:14 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You missed it.

Here it is. A CFL play at the 4:30 to 4:40 that will never work in the NFL.

LOL

Westbrook just went way too deep in the backfield on his "route" and looked genuinely surprised the ball was coming his way. 
Just bad execution. Multiple teams run some version of that play design in the NFL. That was just crap execution. 
Kessler was probably supposed to take a three step drop there but he took more and Dede had to go around him. Kessler should have chucked it out of bounds if nothing was open downfield.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-03-2018, 11:50 AM)B2hibry Wrote: The playbook is even more limited because Kessler has the arm of a 6th grader. Anyone who doesn't think Bortles is the better options between the two is not being honest with themselves. Put Bortles back in and deal with the offensive issues in the offseason.

The guy who can pass the ball 10 yards ahead of him with minimal struggle is  always the better option.

(12-03-2018, 12:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:50 AM)B2hibry Wrote: The playbook is even more limited because Kessler has the arm of a 6th grader. Anyone who doesn't think Bortles is the better options between the two is not being honest with themselves. Put Bortles back in and deal with the offensive issues in the offseason.

The guy who can pass the ball 10 yards ahead of him with minimal struggle is  always the better option.

Yeah. With this line being what it is, give me the guy who makes the easy stuff look relatively easy.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 12:29 PM by JackCity.)

(12-03-2018, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 12:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: The guy who can pass the ball 10 yards ahead of him with minimal struggle is  always the better option.

Yeah. With this line being what it is, give me the guy who makes the easy stuff look relatively easy.

Its not like we've be doing anything complex the last few weeks anyway. Thursday hopefully we can get Fournette going and work in some PAs for Cody to take advantage of. Although, short week vs a strong defense (and division game) probably means the gameplan is pretty much the same.

Actually something we need to do more with Fournette on Thurs is more screens. Take the sting out of the pass rush a bit and maybe he gets a runway on one or two of them

(12-03-2018, 12:14 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You missed it.

Here it is. A CFL play at the 1:19:40 to 1:19:50 that will never work in the NFL.

dang, it says the NFL blocked it.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(12-03-2018, 12:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I saw a lot of struggle to toss 5 yards yesterday let alone lead a receiver in the open field. Kind of goes with the logic I've seen that declares Kessler is a better QB because he threw nearly 75% completion yesterday.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 12:48 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I would like to see some misdirection or some kind of motion to throw the defense off. Kessler is better than the Bortles we've been getting the past 2 months. His mobility isn't that great and might take an extra sack or two behind this horrible offensive line but he delivers a catchable pass or a safe pass. Blake would have lost the game for us with some tipped pick or stupid scramble fumble.
No pain, no gain.

Obviously Kessler lacks in arm strength, but I thought the play calling was atrocious. I understand the OCs hands are tied with limited talent and protection on offense, but what's up with the play design? 3 WRs run streaks, and the RB runs a swing pass. This was almost every passing play I saw. Need to get more creative if we want to score actual TDs.

We'll see what happens on Thursday. Westbrook blew two opportunities with poor route running that should have resulted in huge chunk plays. They at least took some shots downfield. Hopefully with Fournette back in the line-up we'll see more Play Action attempts or Bootlegs. Kessler doesn't have Bortles like size and mobility but it was surprising to see him make something out of nothing at times with his legs.

This offense is missing just too many pieces right now. Offensive line is ravaged. Best WR and TE are out on the year. I mean, it is what it is at this point. Could be worse. We could be the Redskins right now down to it's 3rd string QB who has been on the team for maybe a week if that. Looking forward to that game now. Philadelphia just hammered them all day with the screen game. I think we'll see Yeldon tee off on them.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

One thing is for sure here regardless of QB, the O line and Wr positions are weak as hell.

(12-04-2018, 06:45 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: One thing is for sure here regardless of QB, the O line and Wr positions are weak as hell.

Don't forget, we've lost 3 TEs also, including our starter.  And our top RB for most of the season.  

It's hard to design a successful offensive game plan when you have backups at LT, LG, C, TE, RB, and QB, plus the WR, RG, RT positions are very weak.  And it's our 4th LT!  

In fact, I'd say with that bunch out there on offense, just getting a few first downs is a success.   

So, the idea that any of these fans on this message board could have called better plays is pretty ridiculous.

Clean house. No one currently in the organization knows how to run a competent offensive game plan.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 12:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/play...18/13/pass

[Image: pass-chart_KES701662_2018-reg-13_1543788678603.jpeg]

[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-12_1543183453989.jpeg]

(12-04-2018, 12:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/play...18/13/pass
 As underwhelming as that looks  - Get him to take 4 or 5 more shots beyond ten yards and it's feasible to win a couple more with him if the run holds up. 

The tacks have given up yards on the ground the past two weeks - so the Jags may not need Kessler to light the world on fire Thursday.

The plays were pretty much the same.  The only difference that I saw was a less-mobile QB that throws inaccurately in front of or over the receiver rather than behind them.  At this point, which is better?  Quicker release and pretty spirals or better mobility?  At the end of the day what we have are 2 backup QBs.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-04-2018, 05:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The plays were pretty much the same.  The only difference that I saw was a less-mobile QB that throws inaccurately in front of or over the receiver rather than behind them.  At this point, which is better?  Quicker release and pretty spirals or better mobility?  At the end of the day what we have are 2 backup QBs.

And this, unfortunately, is the size of it.  We are hamstrung, and have to draft a rookie QB in round 1 who will likely be our opening day starter next year.

(12-04-2018, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 12:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/play...18/13/pass
 As underwhelming as that looks  - Get him to take 4 or 5 more shots beyond ten yards and it's feasible to win a couple more with him if the run holds up. 

The tacks have given up yards on the ground the past two weeks - so the Jags may not need Kessler to light the world on fire Thursday.

Do me a favor go back and look at those 2 shots he took. the ball floated because he put every ounce of energy he had into getting the ball just those 20 yards. I honestly think he cant throw it farther then 20 yards.

(12-04-2018, 05:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 05:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The plays were pretty much the same.  The only difference that I saw was a less-mobile QB that throws inaccurately in front of or over the receiver rather than behind them.  At this point, which is better?  Quicker release and pretty spirals or better mobility?  At the end of the day what we have are 2 backup QBs.

And this, unfortunately, is the size of it.  We are hamstrung, and have to draft a rookie QB in round 1 who will likely be our opening day starter next year.

Rookie starter,  very unlikely.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(12-04-2018, 05:36 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 05:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: And this, unfortunately, is the size of it.  We are hamstrung, and have to draft a rookie QB in round 1 who will likely be our opening day starter next year.

Rookie starter,  very unlikely.

I disagree.  It depends on the rookie, but when 3rd round Russell Wilson can start day 1, the game is a lot different than it used to be.  I don't see how we do anything different unless we start Bortles or Kessler, because we don't have the money to sign any other FA QBs.

(12-04-2018, 05:34 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  As underwhelming as that looks  - Get him to take 4 or 5 more shots beyond ten yards and it's feasible to win a couple more with him if the run holds up. 

Do me a favor go back and look at those 2 shots he took. the ball floated because he put every ounce of energy he had into getting the ball just those 20 yards. I honestly think he cant throw it farther then 20 yards.

I don't really see that. I mean, his velocity is subpar for sure, but his release is OK and he gets the ball to move thirty-plus yards through the air here without too much trouble and it wasn't really off the mark if Dede runs through the  route instead of back-pedaling for 5 paces at the end.   Asking him to let a few more of these loose against man coverage isn't some impossible task. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]