Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still Mad We Didn’t Shell Out for Cousins?

(12-11-2018, 01:08 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 11:48 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: Serious question, do you think Pat Mahomes would still be lighting up the league with Westbrook, Cole, Chark, Moncrief?

absolutely not.

I’m sorry but I’m tired of hearing this. 

As of now, Mahomes looks a member of the next elite QB generation. Some of the throws he makes are insane. He’s the kind of QB who makes his players better around him. 

Brady won Super Bowls with mostly role players at wide receiver. 

He may not have the highest stats, but I firmly believe that Mahomes would have us with a good record and make Westbrook, Chark etc better 

There’s no excusing the FO on that. They dropped the mall by drafting Fournette over Mahomes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we had mahomes at QB qe would be in the playoff hunt right now, no doubt about it.

(12-11-2018, 01:29 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: If we had mahomes at QB qe would be in the playoff hunt right now, no doubt about it.

the offense and or QB only lost us 3 games this year, if we had mahomes maybe we win those maybe we dont.

mahomes cant tackle and cant make adjustments at halftime. The defense and coaches lost us 6 games this year.

I was never mad about not shelling out the money.
I like Cousins... I liked him in his draft, I liked him as a free agent... but a QB can only overcome so much. Cousins would look way worse behind our OL than he does for the Vikes.

But I kinda expected this... someone signs him for big money and then he has a rather so-so season, making it look like a bad deal. Honestly, I'm not sure what team he could have went to and it would have ended up looking like a good deal.
The teams wanting him weren't very good outside of Minny. It was the best scenario for him but the whole team has taken a step back. The defense, the OL and run game..

But I bet Minny doesn't regret it. You gotta risk it for the biscuit (and Keenum hasn't been lighting it up in Denver)
And they get another shot with a pretty solid team and good QB next year, whereas someone like us will be riding with a Kessler/rookie combo

(12-11-2018, 01:34 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 01:29 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: If we had mahomes at QB qe would be in the playoff hunt right now, no doubt about it.

the offense and or QB only lost us 3 games this year, if we had mahomes maybe we win those maybe we dont.

mahomes cant tackle and cant make adjustments at halftime. The defense and coaches lost us 6 games this year.

Which 6?

2nd TN game
Dallas
the first Indy game...

after that I really find a hard time finding "that's on the D" games....

KC? Our OL got wrecked and Blake was terrible.
Buffalo? Our D held them to 24 points Bortles had 2 picks
Iggles? Again, held them to 24 points. While Borts is tossing for 5 ypa or some crap

Anything else was low scoring D showcase or a win of some sort....

3 on D
a few games where blame can be shared by everyone
but most of our losses fall on inept offense namely QB

So I guess what's the point of having a great QB right? As of now, with Mahomes, Jags beat Titans once, Texans, Eagles, Colts, Steelers and Bills.

A great QB completely changes everything. Jags get out to early leads and the defense can do what it did last year. You're severely underestimating the influence a great QB has on the entire team.

(12-11-2018, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

So I guess what's the point of having a great QB right? As of now, with Mahomes, Jags beat Titans once, Texans, Eagles, Colts, Steelers and Bills.

A great QB completely changes everything. Jags get out to early leads and the defense can do what it did last year. You're severely underestimating the influence a great QB has on the entire team.

Blake did that last year, so why pay a vet more money then we already paying him plus eat his dead money. No the point is WE need a OC first. Then decide what direction you go with QB. If marony is still the HC and we get another run first OC then having one of those spread throw and run QBs wont work. It is like peices to a puzzle, The right OC and the Right QB go together big time succsess. Wrong QB with wrong OC failure. and if we dont address the problems with the line it dont matter who is QB they gonna get kilt.

(12-11-2018, 01:54 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So I guess what's the point of having a great QB right? As of now, with Mahomes, Jags beat Titans once, Texans, Eagles, Colts, Steelers and Bills.

Blake did that last year, so why pay a vet more money then we already paying him plus eat his dead money. No the point is WE need a OC first. Then decide what direction you go with QB. If marony is still the HC and we get another run first OC then having one of those spread throw and run QBs wont work. It is like peices to a puzzle, The right OC and the Right QB go together big time succsess. Wrong QB with wrong OC failure. and if we dont address the problems with the line it dont matter who is QB they gonna get kilt.
Again. This is wrong. Mahomes was pressured like crazy the other day and still did great. 

You'd be surprised how great teammates play when there is a great QB in the huddle with them. Mahomes would immediately change the culture and attitude of this team. 

We are arguing again over the same things. You believe this team would be run first no matter who the QB is behind center. I don't.

(12-11-2018, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So I guess what's the point of having a great QB right? As of now, with Mahomes, Jags beat Titans once, Texans, Eagles, Colts, Steelers and Bills.

Totally killing our draft position !!!

This has a familiar tone to it:

"On Monday night, Cousins went 20-for-33 passing for 208 yards, a touchdown and a fumble that resulted in a Seahawks score. Cousins routinely missed wide-open receivers downfield and struggled under pressure (on just 25 percent of his dropbacks, per Pro Football Focus) and phantom pressure in the pocket."

All for the bargain price of 84 million dollars....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

as long as doug is the head coach the team will still lose. we could have brady or rogers,and jags would still be loseing all the time. Jags are the new clevland browns. can't ever get things right espaillssey for a HC. doug needs to go. keeping him jags will keep haveing loseing seasons until hes gone.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 03:21 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-11-2018, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: as long as doug is the head coach the team will still lose. we could have brady or rogers,and jags would still be loseing all the time. Jags are the new clevland browns. can't ever get things right espaillssey for a HC. doug needs to go. keeping him jags will keep  haveing loseing seasons until hes gone.

Maybe you should post that a few hundred more times, in as many threads as possible.

(12-11-2018, 03:20 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: as long as doug is the head coach the team will still lose. we could have brady or rogers,and jags would still be loseing all the time. Jags are the new clevland browns. can't ever get things right espaillssey for a HC. doug needs to go. keeping him jags will keep  haveing loseing seasons until hes gone.

Maybe you should post that a few hundred more times, in as many threads as possible.

Maybe you should continue to post condescending rebuttals to everything you don't disagree with, in as many threads as possible.

Mahomes would be dead behind our pass protection, yes he is a good Qb but he is not as tough as Blake.

(12-11-2018, 03:26 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Mahomes would be dead behind our pass protection, yes he is a good Qb but he is not as tough as Blake.
And you know this because......?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 03:38 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-11-2018, 03:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:20 PM)Rico Wrote: Maybe you should post that a few hundred more times, in as many threads as possible.

Maybe you should continue to post condescending rebuttals to everything you don't disagree with, in as many threads as possible.

You mean kinda like how you don't ever show up in the football sections unless things are going bad?

Kinda like that?

(12-11-2018, 03:38 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe you should continue to post condescending rebuttals to everything you don't disagree with, in as many threads as possible.

You mean kinda like how you don't ever show up in the football sections unless things are going bad?

Kinda like that?

Seeing as our record the past decade is 56-117, I'd say based on your statement, that puts me in the "football section" fairly often.

(12-11-2018, 03:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:38 PM)Rico Wrote: You mean kinda like how you don't ever show up in the football sections unless things are going bad?

Kinda like that?

Seeing as our record the past decade is 56-117, I'd say based on your statement, that puts me in the "football section" fairly often.

And almost completely absent last year...

(12-11-2018, 03:26 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Mahomes would be dead behind our pass protection, yes he is a good Qb but he is not as tough as Blake.

What Blake lacks in throwing mechanics, efficiency, and decision making, he makes up for in toughness.  Did I just describe Tim Tebow?

(12-11-2018, 03:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 03:20 PM)Rico Wrote: Maybe you should post that a few hundred more times, in as many threads as possible.

Lol, we know he will.