Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Updated Draft Order

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:17 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I want Grier

He reminds me of Baker Mayfield

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:43 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(12-17-2018, 06:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I want Grier

He kind of does to me too. 

What's crazy to me is how mature he is for a dude his age and status. He is married with a little baby girl as a senior Heisman QB candidate. Pretty good stuff. I'm still pretty much all in on Haskins, but later on this kid is becoming pretty intriguing. Even crazier is he isn't the most popular brother in his family, his two little brothers are like internet stars or whatever. He seems to want no part of wanting attention, just wants to win games and be with his wife/kid/family. 

He is definitely growing on me, that is for sure.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:46 PM by snowwolf776.)

can any of the QBS play behind a bad offenssive line? we need a qb that can play behind a bad offenssive line cause if any of our first stringers get hurt all our back up stink on Oline. We need a qb that can play behind a Really Really bad,and good Oline.  

in other words we need a qb thats great behind a good online,and can still win games behind the worst Oline in the nfl. Welcome the new browns to Jacksonville.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-17-2018, 04:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I watched McShay's mockdraft thing the other night with Wingo and Kiper on there. They had us slotted at 7th overall and with us picking Herbert out of Oregon if he's there. But then they proceeded to say that he needs a year to sit and his accuracy is a concern.

But what bothers me is that exactly 3 picks later at the 10th spot he has the Giants taking Haskins. And they continue to just gloat about the kid being the most NFL Ready. His monster production, his accuracy, etc.

Doesn't make much sense to me. I guess people really like Herbert's frame and all that. I don't care for that. I don't get caught up on that. But if they both declare for the draft and we pick any QB in the top ten NOT named Haskins we're [BLEEP] stupid. Doesn't matter if they sign a stop gap at QB like Flacco or maybe Manning (Which means they would probably have to jump up to land Haskins or whomever). They still need to take Haskins.

Mock drafters who aren't Jaguars fans always do that to us.

If there's a player they don't like, have questions about, or otherwise don't know what to do with, they stick them with us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He reminds you of Baker?

In what ways? Baker has elite level accuracy and a rocket arm.

(12-17-2018, 07:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

He reminds you of Baker?

Undersized, white, and has a beard.

(12-17-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 02:13 PM)JNev Wrote: In this scenario in my head we would trade back into the 1st rd to get Lock or Grier. Most teams want the 5th year option on their QB anyways. Going from 35th pick to 20th shouldn't be ridiculously expensive
It would be extremely expensive. Not to mention you're still hoping they make it to pick 20 AND the team at 20 wants to trade AND you're willing to give up a lot to get him.

Saints traded from 27 to 15 for a 5th and next year's 1st. Not that steep, especially for a QB in our case

(12-17-2018, 08:10 PM)JNev Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 03:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It would be extremely expensive. Not to mention you're still hoping they make it to pick 20 AND the team at 20 wants to trade AND you're willing to give up a lot to get him.

Saints traded from 27 to 15 for a 5th and next year's 1st. Not that steep, especially for a QB in our case

I'm with the other guys. If your QB is in the board you take him and dont look back. It would be foolish to risk losing him to another team.

If you need a QB and have them on top of the board you take them as high as you can and don't think twice about it. If you have him #1 chances are a few other teams do too and will happily move up to select them. If Grier is our QB1 and we deem him a franchise guy you take him at #5 , even if you think there's a chance he falls outside the top 15. You don't give anyone a shot to mess it up for you

I think the game against Miami is turning into on which could be vital to our future (assuming we plan to draft a QB)

If we win it, teams like the Giants and Bucs could leapfrog ahead of us in the QB race.

Don’t mess this up now guys...

(12-18-2018, 05:54 AM)Andy G Wrote: I think the game against Miami is turning into on which could be vital to our future (assuming we plan to draft a QB)

If we win it, teams like the Giants and Bucs could leapfrog ahead of us in the QB race.

Don’t mess this up now guys...
Dolphins are actually playing for something and the Jags offense is the worst in the league.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 11:28 AM by Kane.)

He reminds you of Baker?

Grier is very accurate too. But definitely not the same arm strength.
Grier is a "smaller" guy... I dunno if I get a Baker comp from him.
Personality wise they probably couldn't be more different.

(12-17-2018, 07:57 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 07:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He reminds you of Baker?

Undersized, white, and has a beard.

Ahhh yes... easy to draw the comparison there.

We are currently 5th.
We're not winning another game.
No one ahead of us will be drafting a QB.
We should have our pick of QB, or trade down, or whatever.

Assuming someone like the Gmen don't trade over us.
But I wouldn't sweat it if they did.
They may not win another game either, but they already have 1 more win than us so they aren't getting ahead of us. And sitting in the top 10 with 2 or 3 very good QB prospects, teams may be content to wait and see who falls to them. Lots of defensive talent gonna be getting taken at the top.

Two away games against one decent and one good team. No way in hell we win one of those.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-18-2018, 11:28 AM)Rico Wrote: Two away games against one decent and one good team.  No way in hell we win one of those.

I don't see how we lose to a skins team led by Josh frickin Johnson and old man Adrian and end up beating teams fighting for playoffs or seeding

getting a qb does you no good if you don't have a Oline to block. our oline stinks. there is no depth. one guy gets hurt and the whole offensse can't block. downhill started when cam got hurt.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-17-2018, 08:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: If you need a QB and have them on top of the board you take them as high as you can and don't think twice about it. If you have him #1 chances are a few other teams do too and will happily move up to select them. If Grier is our QB1 and we deem him a franchise guy you take him at #5 , even if you think there's a chance he falls outside the top 15. You don't give anyone a shot to mess it up for you

I agree.   Don't overthink it.

We are now in the 9th slot in the 2019 NFL draft!

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

Dropped 4 spots. Almost out of the top 10. FYI.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

He reminds you of Baker?

There stature, keeping eyes down field. Drop backs. I like the way it pops off his hand and spins the football. Nice touch. Both can move around and create. They both can throw over the top, 3 quarters, and side arm if needed. 

I think Grier is going to be a good QB. And Mayfield was my number 1 player last year. Just sayin Grier reminds me of Mayfield.

(12-24-2018, 12:36 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 07:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He reminds you of Baker?

There stature, keeping eyes down field. Drop backs. I like the way it pops off his hand and spins the football. Nice touch. Both can move around and create. They both can throw over the top, 3 quarters, and side arm if needed. 

I think Grier is going to be a good QB. And Mayfield was my number 1 player last year. Just sayin Grier reminds me of Mayfield.
I agree, he reminds my of Baker as well .  Baker can put more zip on the ball but other than that I see a lot of similarities.  Both very accurate, both with a great and accurate deep ball, their size although Grier looks a little bigger, the ability to read defenses, their leadership and fire the both play with, their confidence as well.