Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Updated Draft Order

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-up-board

Jags at 20 as we speak

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-09-2018, 06:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-up-board

Jags at 20 as we speak

Unfortunately I could see that being our final spot.

BUT...
we'd be in position to possibly move anywhere in the draft to get any player we want.

(QB?)

Working our way up

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 07:58 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

(10-16-2018, 06:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Up to 17

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nto-top-10

Amazing. If this latest speculation is close to what actually happens, we are the 3rd team in the draft that has QB as a need. Everyone else drafting before us has their franchise QB/QB project except the Giants and the Broncos. So we could possibly get a decent QB without having the sell the farm. I'd take a QB like Grier at 17 in a heartbeat.

(10-18-2018, 07:57 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:

Amazing. If this latest speculation is close to what actually happens, we are the 3rd team in the draft that has QB as a need. Everyone else drafting before us has their franchise QB/QB project except the Giants and the Broncos. So we could possibly get a decent QB without having the sell the farm. I'd take a QB like Grier at 17 in a heartbeat.

If we're getting the 3rd QB off the board, it will likely be Drew Lock or Dwayne Haskins.

(10-18-2018, 09:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 07:57 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Amazing. If this latest speculation is close to what actually happens, we are the 3rd team in the draft that has QB as a need. Everyone else drafting before us has their franchise QB/QB project except the Giants and the Broncos. So we could possibly get a decent QB without having the sell the farm. I'd take a QB like Grier at 17 in a heartbeat.

If we're getting the 3rd QB off the board, it will likely be Drew Lock or Dwayne Haskins.

I hope we get Haskins.

We'll be moving up again, unfortunately.

(10-18-2018, 07:57 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:

Wouldn't count out the Raiders or Bucs

Trading up into the top 5 isn't looking so impossible now, is it?

Up to 11.

(10-23-2018, 11:17 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Up to 11.

I'm sure we will be in the top 10 after we play the SB champs

(10-23-2018, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 11:17 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Up to 11.

I'm sure we will be in the top 10 after we play the SB champs

barring some real serious turn around by the offense... I see us picking top 5.

Who can you look at on  the schedule and say... "oh yeah... win right there"
Like... none of the games, even the clots and bills.

So... 3-5 wins is a real possibility.

(10-23-2018, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure we will be in the top 10 after we play the SB champs

If Bortles stays at QB, I agree.  If we did get a top 5 pick I wonder if the Lions would trade us Stafford for a top 5 pick

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 05:16 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-23-2018, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote: barring some real serious turn around by the offense... I see us picking top 5.

If Bortles stays at QB, I agree.  If we did get a top 5 pick I wonder if the Lions would trade us Stafford for a top 5 pick

No, they wouldn't. It would take a lot more.

(10-23-2018, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 12:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure we will be in the top 10 after we play the SB champs

I could easily see the Cards wanting to trade down if they get stuck with the #2 pick. They have big needs at O-Line and CB and I can't see a player at either one of those positions going that high.

(10-23-2018, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Bortles stays at QB, I agree.  If we did get a top 5 pick I wonder if the Lions would trade us Stafford for a top 5 pick

(10-23-2018, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote: barring some real serious turn around by the offense... I see us picking top 5.

I could easily see the Cards wanting to trade down if they get stuck with the #2 pick. They have big needs at O-Line and CB and I can't see a player at either one of those positions going that high.
Probably take the Alabama LT

(10-23-2018, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No, they wouldn't. It would take a lot more.

Probably take the Alabama LT

That's a bit high for Jonah Williams. He's not really considered an elite LT. In fact, if Trey Adams not had season ending surgery, he probably wouldn't even be the best OT in this class. If Adams appears healthy by the Combine, I believe Jonah Williams will be the 2nd OT off the board. Either way, looking at the QB at the top (Herbert) and the wealth of D-Line talent in the next draft, I believe the Cards could move down a few spots and still get the top OT on the board.

(10-23-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably take the Alabama LT

That's a bit high for Jonah Williams. He's not really considered an elite LT. In fact, if Trey Adams not had season ending surgery, he probably wouldn't even be the best OT in this class. If Adams appears healthy by the Combine, I believe Jonah Williams will be the 2nd OT off the board. Either way, looking at the QB at the top (Herbert) and the wealth of D-Line talent in the next draft, I believe the Cards could move down a few spots and still get the top OT on the board.

Adams was at the top of the board last year but with the back injury we shall see

(10-23-2018, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's a bit high for Jonah Williams. He's not really considered an elite LT. In fact, if Trey Adams not had season ending surgery, he probably wouldn't even be the best OT in this class. If Adams appears healthy by the Combine, I believe Jonah Williams will be the 2nd OT off the board. Either way, looking at the QB at the top (Herbert) and the wealth of D-Line talent in the next draft, I believe the Cards could move down a few spots and still get the top OT on the board.

Adams was at the top of the board last year but with the back injury we shall see

Agreed. It all depends on how well he responds to surgery. If that didn't fix the problem, he may not get drafted at all. Back issues are a sensitive area for offensive linemen.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 10:09 AM by Kane.)

(10-23-2018, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Not denying Stafford's talent.
But not sure I'd want him. Dude has multiple 5 INT games or some crap doesn't he?
He also has a serious contract.

I'd rather draft OUR guy, even if we miss. Its a cheaper miss.

(10-23-2018, 05:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Bortles stays at QB, I agree.  If we did get a top 5 pick I wonder if the Lions would trade us Stafford for a top 5 pick

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how the top 5-10 shakes out.
If the top 5 has a lot of teams with QB already addressed (Bills, Cards, Raiders) we may not have to move up much if at all.