Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence

When this guy comes out I think he arguably might be the best prospect to ever come out.  Checks all the boxes and will have no weaknesses.  I think he will be a better prospect than Luck

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Definitely tank for him.

(12-29-2018, 06:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Definitely tank for him.

If I were to ever tank,he would be the one to do it for

Sounds similar the Sam Darnold hype after his freshman year bowl game.

Lawrence can definitely be a top 5 pick. But to say he'll have no weaknesses is a stretch. Every prospect ever has weaknesses.

(12-29-2018, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When this guy comes out I think he arguably might be the best prospect to ever come out.  Checks all the boxes and will have no weaknesses.  I think he will be a better prospect than Luck

Of course he'll have weaknesses. Every QB in the history of the game has had weaknesses

Lawrence would be the #1 pick in the draft if he was eligible right now. Shameful the NCAA/NFL is complicit in treating these kids the way they do.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 08:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-29-2018, 07:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When this guy comes out I think he arguably might be the best prospect to ever come out.  Checks all the boxes and will have no weaknesses.  I think he will be a better prospect than Luck

Of course he'll have weaknesses. Every QB in the history of the game has had weaknesses

What will it be?  And I'm saying he will be a better prospect than Luck who most said is the best QB since Elway.  I'm talking prospect wise where will he be? Will he be a better prospect than Lamar Jackson?

(12-29-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Lawrence would be the #1 pick in the draft if he was eligible right now. Shameful the NCAA/NFL is complicit in treating these kids the way they do.

Agreed, generational type talent

(12-29-2018, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 07:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Of course he'll have weaknesses. Every QB in the history of the game has had weaknesses

What will it be?  And I'm saying he will be a better prospect than Luck who most said is the best QB since Elway.  I'm talking prospect wise where will he be? Will he be a better prospect than Lamar Jackson?

(12-29-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Lawrence would be the #1 pick in the draft if he was eligible right now. Shameful the NCAA/NFL is complicit in treating these kids the way they do.

See there you go getting defensive again.

I have no problem if you think he'll be a better prospect than Luck , he's one of the best college QBs I've ever seen. It's just dumb as hell to say he'll have no weaknesses.

(12-29-2018, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 07:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Of course he'll have weaknesses. Every QB in the history of the game has had weaknesses

Lawerence looks very good but watching him tonight, he didn’t do too hot when ND blitzed him.

I honestly would love to read a duvalpride.com poster give me a breakdown of why Trevor Lawrence is a better prospect than Haskins.

When Lawrence is eligible, he'll most likely be a top 5 pick if not #1 overall. Big kid, big arm, accurate, athletic, doesnt fade in big moments. Seems to have everything you want. But similar to Haskins, we only have one year of tape. Let's wait to see how he does the next two years. Maybe opponents will figure out some glaring weakness that hasn't come to light yet.

As far as comparing Lawrence to Haskins, I would think Lawrence has the edge. True freshman whereas as Haskins is 3 years removed from high school so he has had more time to learn and train. 3 or 4 inches taller which is always advantageous and doesnt appear to have sacrificed any athleticism with that extra height. Also Haskins is playing for a coach that has made a lot of average looking QBs look great and put up big numbers, especially at Ohio St. Dabo couldnt make Kelly Bryant look very good nor our local boy Kyle Parker.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 12:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-30-2018, 12:59 AM)Trunt8728 Wrote: I honestly would love to read a duvalpride.com poster give me a breakdown of why Trevor Lawrence is a better prospect than Haskins.

I dont understand this, Lawrence is a freshman.  He still has a couple years left of college ball

If there was ever a player to tank for this is the guy

(01-08-2019, 07:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If there was ever a player to tank for this is the guy

But he's not coming out next season, he's coming out season after next.  So you're talking about tanking for two whole seasons!   No.  Not unless you want to watch him play in London, because after two years of tanking, we won't be able to sell tickets in Jacksonville.

(01-08-2019, 07:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 07:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If there was ever a player to tank for this is the guy

But he's not coming out next season, he's coming out season after next.  So you're talking about tanking for two whole seasons!   No.  Not unless you want to watch him play in London, because after two years of tanking, we won't be able to sell tickets in Jacksonville.

Where did I say hes coming out next season and where did I say I want to tank for him?  Read the sentence again carefully

(01-08-2019, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 07:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But he's not coming out next season, he's coming out season after next.  So you're talking about tanking for two whole seasons!   No.  Not unless you want to watch him play in London, because after two years of tanking, we won't be able to sell tickets in Jacksonville.

Where did I say hes coming out next season and where did I say I want to tank for him?  Read the sentence again carefully

Okay.  I understand.

Lawrence, he look like a very ugly girl who lives in the country. Pass. QB is suppose to be good looking.

(01-08-2019, 11:47 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lawrence, he look like a very ugly girl who lives in the country.   Pass.  QB is suppose to be good looking.

So, while we're all admiring his passing skills and toughness, you're picturing him in a dress? O.K. there........

(01-08-2019, 11:47 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lawrence, he look like a very ugly girl who lives in the country.   Pass.  QB is suppose to be good looking.
Yea because Peyton Manning is on the cover of GQ....

(12-29-2018, 06:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Definitely tank for him.

Change of heart because his looks?