Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 08:34 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(01-01-2019, 08:27 PM)rocdee Wrote: Washington's defense is 12th ranked in the nation, but a certain rocket scientist in this thread is calling the defense 'soft' because said scientist has been proven wrong over and over and over

(01-01-2019, 08:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags may need to get to #2 to get him. His stock is only going to rise after this and he’s already a top 10 lock.

I think Arizona stays at #1 to take Bosa but after that, who knows. Trade our 1st, next years first and a 3rd for #2.

Yep. That's the ticket, bro. Swap 1s, give 2019 3rd and 2020 1st.

Worth it for a 15 year franchise QB

I proved you wrong about Rice putting up the same stats if Bortles or any avg QB was his QB in his prime years.

The whole Pac12 is soft. Ucf would win that conference with no losses.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2019, 08:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd love that deal, if the Niners wanna trade down. They might wanna sit at #2 and take one of those D-Linemen, especially if Quinnen Williams declares. I do think the Jets wanna move down at #3. They need an OLB and Josh Allen is projected to go later in the top 10. If we can get to #2 though, that is the way to go. Haskins is worth whatever it takes. If something happens and we can't get him, I'm o.k. with trading down and getting Drew Lock or Will Grier though, as long as it isn't Jones or Finley.
Why do you think the Niners stay for a Dlineman? They’ve drafted Buckner, Armstead and Thomas the last few years.

Buckner has been a beast, but Armstead and Thomas look like busts. Their D-Line has been weak, when it comes to getting pressure on the QB, especially on the inside.

(01-01-2019, 08:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why do you think the Niners stay for a Dlineman? They’ve drafted Buckner, Armstead and Thomas the last few years.

Buckner has been a beast, but Armstead and Thomas look like busts. Their D-Line has been weak, when it comes to getting pressure on the QB, especially on the inside.
Yea I understand but they also have holes all over that D. LB is weak, corners need work and safety play as well.

They need lots of help and maybe they will want an extra 3rd and 1st rounder next year to help fill them. 

Maybe we also dangle Fournette to someone in the top 3 as well.

Too early on Thomas, bro. He had a decent rookie year. Not sure what you're seeing

How many teams are going to want to trade up for Haskins? Jags, Broncos, Redskins?, Giants?, Dolphins?, ...? I could see it going down to a bidding war between Broncos/Jags. For some reason I don't see the Giants selling the farm for Haskins, I keep hearing that their FO is happy with Eli. I could most definitely see Elway trying to be top bidder and offering something crazy. Tom needs to be on the phone with Arizona and see if they'll entertain moving down, if not, give SF whatever they want.

(01-01-2019, 08:41 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: How many teams are going to want to trade up for Haskins? Jags, Broncos, Redskins?, Giants?, Dolphins?, ...?  I could see it going down to a bidding war between Broncos/Jags. For some reason I don't see the Giants selling the farm for Haskins, I keep hearing that their FO is happy with Eli. I could most definitely see Elway trying to be top bidder and offering something crazy. Tom needs to be on the phone with Arizona and see if they'll entertain moving down, if not, give SF whatever they want.
I heard Elway has a thing for Lock but it’s that time of year where you’re gonna hear a lot smoke.

Swap picks and trade them fournette that should be enough with a 3rd or 4th don't give up another 1. Jets and niners don't need a QB the price I'd hope wouldn't be that crazy for going from 7 to 2 or 3.
No Fun

(01-01-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Swap picks and trade them fournette that should be enough with a 3rd or 4th don't give up another 1. Jets and niners don't need a QB the price I'd hope wouldn't be that crazy for going from 7 to 2 or 3.

Yea rhat does won't be enough. If we are trading into the top 3 for Haskins next years 1st is definitely going to be part of the deal. Fournette has nowhere near a first round value. Right now his value is around a 4th rounder. You're not moving to the top 3 with the 7th pick and a couple of mid rounders. Wishful thinking. I'd be absolutely fine giving up next years first for haskins. The more I watch him the more he separates himself as the QB1. He could be special.

Keep in mind the Jets gave up THREE second round picks plus swapping firsts to move up six spots for Darnold.

1st rd picks are exponentially more valuable than a bunch of 2nds

hrm.... Washington starting to actually blitz and play some man and Ohio St's offense has gone limp. This was more of what I wanted to see and how Haskins would handle it. Starting to throw a lot of inaccurate passes all of a sudden. 3 straight three and outs and a 4 and out.

(01-01-2019, 08:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Buckner has been a beast, but Armstead and Thomas look like busts. Their D-Line has been weak, when it comes to getting pressure on the QB, especially on the inside.
Yea I understand but they also have holes all over that D. LB is weak, corners need work and safety play as well.

They need lots of help and maybe they will want an extra 3rd and 1st rounder next year to help fill them. 

Maybe we also dangle Fournette to someone in the top 3 as well.

Like I said, I would go to Arizona and see what the price tag would be to move down and then contact San Francisco and New York. See which team realistically wants to make a deal.

(01-01-2019, 09:18 PM)JNev Wrote: 1st rd picks are exponentially more valuable than a bunch of 2nds

Obviously. 
The posts preceding mine did not suggest offering a first. 
Fournette and a third won't move them up to #2.

(01-01-2019, 08:38 PM)rocdee Wrote: Too early on Thomas, bro. He had a decent rookie year. Not sure what you're seeing

He has 4 career sacks in 2 years.

Yeah I figure we will give up alot.i really don't really care for the rest of the QB prospects.
No Fun

I'm not a fan of trading up.. But whatever it takes.. This team needs Haskins.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-01-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Swap picks and trade them fournette that should be enough with a 3rd or 4th don't give up another 1. Jets and niners don't need a QB the price I'd hope wouldn't be that crazy for going from 7 to 2 or 3.

Yea I wouldnt want to give up next years first either.  I need a lot more info on Haskins before I'd be willing to do that.  It's too bad we only get one years worth of tape.  And what little analytics that I've seen so far says he is fantastic when facing little pressure, he hasnt faced much pressure at all this year, and when he has faced pressure, his numbers have tanked.  But I'd love to see some data on how he has fared against pressure compared to other QBs in this draft and compared to other college QBs who have succeeded in the NFL.  

And this game tonight was basically a microcosm of that.  Washington had zero pass rush and zero coverage for the first 35 minutes of the game and Haskins lit them up.  Looked all world.  And then the last 25 minutes of the game, Washington actually decided to blitz, put pressure on Haskins, and mixed up their coverage.  And in those last 25 minutes, he threw for 13 yards, got sacked twice, had an INT dropped, and didnt complete a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.  But maybe that can all be written off because Ohio St had a big lead and lost focus.  Or changed their play calling.  

I'd want more info before I give up two first round draft picks for him.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 10:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Giving up next years first would be a Gene Smith type move and only put this franchise back farther

(01-01-2019, 10:10 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

Yea I wouldnt want to give up next years first either.  I need a lot more info on Haskins before I'd be willing to do that.  It's too bad we only get one years worth of tape.  And what little analytics that I've seen so far says he is fantastic when facing little pressure, he hasnt faced much pressure at all this year, and when he has faced pressure, his numbers have tanked.  But I'd love to see some data on how he has fared against pressure compared to other QBs in this draft and compared to other college QBs who have succeeded in the NFL.  

And this game tonight was basically a microcosm of that.  Washington had zero pass rush and zero coverage for the first 35 minutes of the game and Haskins lit them up.  Looked all world.  And then the last 25 minutes of the game, Washington actually decided to blitz, put pressure on Haskins, and mixed up their coverage.  And in those last 25 minutes, he threw for 13 yards, got sacked twice, had an INT dropped, and didnt complete a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.  But maybe that can all be written off because Ohio St had a big lead and lost focus.  Or changed their play calling.  

I'd want more info before I give up two first round draft picks for him.

This is how I feel as well, good post

(01-01-2019, 09:22 PM)rfc17 Wrote: hrm.... Washington starting to actually blitz and play some man and Ohio St's offense has gone limp.  This was more of what I wanted to see and how Haskins would handle it.  Starting to throw a lot of inaccurate passes all of a sudden.  3 straight three and outs and a 4 and out.

This was my concern as well. I mentioned back on page 1 I think it was. He only functions well in a clean pocket. I’m a hard pass on this guy, especially if takes giving up picks to move up.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-01-2019, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:38 PM)rocdee Wrote: Too early on Thomas, bro. He had a decent rookie year. Not sure what you're seeing

He has 4 career sacks in 2 years.

Holy cow, its been 2 years? I could have sworn this year was his rookie year. Thanks for the clarification