Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 11:53 AM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/106...33345?s=19 

If Haskins is declaring, he'd be my QB1. I'd prefer more seasons to judge his play with but I think he's the real deal. Better than Trubisky was coming out and they have similar experience levels.    

Taking everything into consideration I'd probably take him over Grier. When all issues said and done though I think he's the most likely to be QB1 , even over Herbert.  

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From what I've watched/read I think he'd probably be QB3 behind Herbert and Jones right now. I won't believe Herbert stays in school until the deadline passes.

(11-17-2018, 03:11 PM)Upper Wrote: From what I've watched/read I think he'd probably be QB3 behind Herbert and Jones right now. I won't believe Herbert stays in school until the deadline passes.

We can only hope that many QBs go before Grier.  I dont believe it till I see it but I hope

(11-17-2018, 03:11 PM)Upper Wrote: From what I've watched/read I think he'd probably be QB3 behind Herbert and Jones right now. I won't believe Herbert stays in school until the deadline passes.

I think Jones is fools gold but I see the appeal.

(11-17-2018, 03:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I think Jones is fools gold but I see the appeal.

From what I've watched and read (still early in the process obv), he seems like the Goff/Rosen of this class. Doesn't have the droolworthy toolsy upside like some, but he's polished and should be ready go to quickly. Seems like the type we should want since we aren't in a full long term rebuild.

Haskins hasn't played well but I prefer his tools over Jones and Herbert.

The interesting thing for the Jags is none of these guys are QB you wanna be forced to play year 1 (Haskins, Jones, Herbert , Jackson). Grier probably the best year 1 but his ceiling isn't as high

(11-17-2018, 03:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Haskins hasn't played well but I prefer his tools over Jones and Herbert.

The interesting thing for the Jags is none of these guys are QB you wanna be forced to play year 1 (Haskins, Jones, Herbert , Jackson). Grier probably the best year 1 but his ceiling isn't as high
I really think Haskins still needs another year in college, his anticipation and accuracy arent there yet in my eyes, he definitely has great arm strength... Herbert and Grier are the only QBs id be happy with... Saying Grier doesnt have a high ceiling doesnt make sense to me, he has gotten better ever year... Remember we drafted Bortles cause he had a "high ceiling" and we saw how that went... i really dont like that phrase, how can u analyze how great a QB can become.... u cant, you jus look at what he does well and try to progress from there...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 04:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-17-2018, 04:05 PM)Jords808 Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 03:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Haskins hasn't played well but I prefer his tools over Jones and Herbert.  

I really think Haskins still needs another year in college, his anticipation and accuracy arent there yet in my eyes, he definitely has great arm strength... Herbert and Grier are the only QBs id be happy with... Saying Grier doesnt have a high ceiling doesnt make sense to me, he has gotten better ever year... Remember we drafted Bortles cause he had a "high ceiling" and we saw how that went... i really dont like that phrase, how can u analyze how great a QB can become.... u cant, you jus look at what he does well and try to progress from there...

Agree with the Grier and the ceiling take.  Grier has the highest ceiling imo.  Drew Brees ceiling was the NFL all time leading passer and possibly all time in TDs.  Who would of thought it when he was coming out?

(11-17-2018, 04:05 PM)Jords808 Wrote:

I didn't say Griers ceiling wasn't high..I said it wasn't as high. There's a difference. 

I'm a massive Grier fan so it's not like I'm unaware of his talent. Happily take him round 1.  Different QBs have different levels of outcomes though. 

Grier is the most polished QB in the class and can make an impact earlier than the rest.

I could see the Herbert/Jones/Haskins/Grier being a lite version of the Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold/Allen quartet from last year.

(11-17-2018, 05:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I could see the Herbert/Jones/Haskins/Grier being a lite version of the Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold/Allen quartet from last year.

Like comparison wise or just the order they are drafted?  Because it doesn't really make sense if it's the former

(11-17-2018, 05:38 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 05:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I could see the Herbert/Jones/Haskins/Grier being a lite version of the Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold/Allen quartet from last year.

Like comparison wise or just the order they are drafted?  Because it doesn't really make sense if it's the former

I think there is a loose comp between Herbert/Mayfield, and fairly good comps between Jones/Rosen and Allen/Haskins. Grier and Darnold are not similar.

I still say Herbert is the first QB off the board, but Haskins would definitely be my #2. Personally, I believe if he stays in school, he could make an impact in the NFL right away, but if he declares this year, I'd let him ride the bench for a year. He's not quite ready, but his ceiling is extremely high. The placement on his passes are excellent. I know Urban Meyer wants him to be more of a runner, but that's not who Haskins is. The kid is a pure pocket passer. After him, I'd have Lock and Grier in a dogfight for that #3 QB spot. I will say, Grier has looked better and better each time I've seen him and he just might throw a more "catchable" ball than lock. Lock has a much stronger arm, but lacks the "touch" of Grier on his passes.

Do not want Lock. He'd probably be like QB8 to me.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 05:48 PM by JackCity.)

(11-17-2018, 05:41 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 05:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Like comparison wise or just the order they are drafted?  Because it doesn't really make sense if it's the former

I think there is a loose comp between Herbert/Mayfield, and fairly good comps between Jones/Rosen and Allen/Haskins. Grier and Darnold are not similar.

Hmmm I must say I don't see any of them. Maybe Jones and Allen with the big frames and mobility, big arms and do their best work out of structure, both bad Vs pressure and meh production

(11-17-2018, 05:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Do not want Lock. He'd probably be like QB8 to me.

Agreed. I think he's the guy you can definitively say is not it was

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 05:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-17-2018, 05:45 PM)Upper Wrote: Do not want Lock. He'd probably be like QB8 to me.

Finley is definitely the one I don't want. He makes his receivers really work to catch his passes and his arm is much weaker than the rest of the top guys in this class. I just don't see him doing much in the NFL.

(11-17-2018, 05:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hmmm I must say I don't see any of them. Maybe Jones and Allen with the big frames and mobility, big arms and do their best work out of structure, both bad Vs pressure and meh production

I see Mayfield and Herbert as extremely efficient guys who can make plays with their feet but are still pass first guys. Rosen and Jones are kind of what you see is good, but that's about all you're going to get. I think they are both sound fundamentally/mechanically and don't need too much coaching to be ready to go. I also don't see a ton of room for growth with either. Haskins and Jones are both big armed, big upside, and athletic...but raw and shouldn't start right away. They definitely aren't body/size comps.

(11-17-2018, 06:00 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 05:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Hmmm I must say I don't see any of them. Maybe Jones and Allen with the big frames and mobility, big arms and do their best work out of structure, both bad Vs pressure and meh production

I see Mayfield and Herbert as extremely efficient guys who can make plays with their feet but are still pass first guys. Rosen and Jones are kind of what you see is good, but that's about all you're going to get. I think they are both sound fundamentally/mechanically and don't need too much coaching to be ready to go. I also don't see a ton of room for growth with either. Haskins and Jones are both big armed, big upside, and athletic...but raw and shouldn't start right away. They definitely aren't body/size comps.

Style wise Grier would fit the Mayfield comp a lot better than Herbert.  Uber efficient undersized QBs with elite placement   albeit Griers arm is a notch below Mayfields (and overall talent). Both pretty mobile but not really scramblers.

The Rosen/Jones makes more sense that way I guess but Jones is still pretty raw in a lot of areas and stands to improve a lot in the NFL Vs at Duke.

I am no scout but Haskins has a cannon! It looks to me with proper coaching he could be great. I don't think Urban's system fits his talents.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018, 10:56 PM by Upper.)

Jones vs Clemson is on ESPN right now too. He had a nice first quarter.

...and then pretty much nothing. Blitzed/pressured like a mofo.