Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dwayne Haskins (MERGED)

(01-01-2019, 10:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Giving up next years first would be a Gene Smith type move and only put this franchise back farther

Bro, aren't you the guy who said you'd trade Ramsey straight up for Will Grier? lol.......

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2019, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 10:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Giving up next years first would be a Gene Smith type move and only put this franchise back farther

Bro, aren't you the guy who said you'd trade Ramsey straight up for Will Grier? lol.......

It was reported we might trade him.  If we were to trade him yes I would do it.  A franchise QB for a really good corner is always a great trade.

(01-01-2019, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Bro, aren't you the guy who said you'd trade Ramsey straight up for Will Grier? lol.......

It was reported we might trade him.  If we were to trade him yes I would do it.  A franchise QB for a really good corner is always a great trade.

Lol... It was a fake report, anybody with even half a sense knew it was and knows this team isn't trading Ramsey.

Ramsey is well on his way to a HoF career, as long as he stays healthy. He's far beyond just a good Corner. That's what we know for 100% sure.

Grier could be on his way in, and then out of the league in just 3-4 years for all we know. You simply don't trade away a for sure thing, for a huge question mark.

He may have also been the guy who said tebow would have been a HOFer if he wasnt forced out of the league.

(01-01-2019, 11:14 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 10:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Bro, aren't you the guy who said you'd trade Ramsey straight up for Will Grier? lol.......

He may have also been the guy who said tebow would have been a HOFer if he wasnt forced out of the league.

Yikes

(01-01-2019, 11:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:14 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: He may have also been the guy who said tebow would have been a HOFer if he wasnt forced out of the league.

Yikes

Yikes × 2

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 11:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

3 for 13 on 3rd down, is this true?

(01-01-2019, 11:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It was reported we might trade him.  If we were to trade him yes I would do it.  A franchise QB for a really good corner is always a great trade.

Lol... It was a fake report, anybody with even half a sense knew it was and knows this team isn't trading Ramsey.

Ramsey is well on his way to a HoF career, as long as he stays healthy. He's far beyond just a good Corner. That's what we know for 100% sure.

Grier could be on his way in, and then out of the league in just 3-4 years for all we know. You simply don't trade away a for sure thing, for a huge question mark.

Well on his way to be a HOF?  Lol, Pre mature a bit? He is going to have to play much better than he did this year if he wants to make it there.  He was far from great this year.  You can say that about any QB drafted.  Adam Schefter was the one that reported reported Ramsey might get traded

If we were to trade Ramsey you wouldnt trade him for Haskins?

(01-02-2019, 12:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

If we were to trade Ramsey you wouldnt trade him for Haskins?

Hell no.

You trade some picks for Haskins, not the sure thing in Ramsey. You don't trade him ever and yes, he's well on his way to a HoF career. He played with obvious knee/ankle injuries this season and was still great. Best CB in the league.

And yes I'm on the Haskins train, but like any draft pick he could bust, especially at the QB position. Which is why you give up other draft picks for him, if you think he's the guy. You don't ever give away something that you know is the real deal, aka Ramsey etc.

(01-01-2019, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Ramsey for Grier? What the hell dude? lol! I fully agree that a franchise QB is worth a franchise CB... but theres so many questions about Grier. For all we know he is Keenum 2.0. Do you really feel he is a franchise QB? I mean.... I just don't see it, but I'm on board if he can be believe me.

(01-02-2019, 03:18 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It was reported we might trade him.  If we were to trade him yes I would do it.  A franchise QB for a really good corner is always a great trade.

Ramsey for Grier? What the hell dude? lol! I fully agree that a franchise QB is worth a franchise CB... but theres so many questions about Grier. For all we know he is Keenum 2.0. Do you really feel he is a franchise QB? I mean.... I just don't see it, but I'm on board if he can be believe me.

I believe Grier can be a franchise QB. I say can be because imo it depends on where he goes. Hell, it matters for all these guys. You think Rosen is gonna be a franchise guy if he keeps having his HC swapped out year after year? That stuff hinders growth. 
I wouldn't trade Ramsey for him though. I wouldn't trade Ramsey for anyone right now.
Maybe in two years when Ramsey is like 5th or 6th best CB in league lol.

But with Grier sitting out his bowl game and Haskins balling out.... Haskins has to be the favorite.
(Also Lock didn't look great in his bowl game so his stock fell too.)

Grier would have to have some sort of special Senior Bowl week one would think. And even still despite what I may think of Grier, some people have him as a 2nd round QB.
I don't think he lasts to the 2nd round in a draft where there are more QB needy teams than talented QBs.
Then again, reports are that Tampa wants Jameis back, so maybe they don't need one.
NYG is reporting they don't want QB (but wouldn't that be perfect for Haskins, to sit one year or half a year)

We'll see.

(01-02-2019, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 03:18 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Ramsey for Grier? What the hell dude? lol! I fully agree that a franchise QB is worth a franchise CB... but theres so many questions about Grier. For all we know he is Keenum 2.0. Do you really feel he is a franchise QB? I mean.... I just don't see it, but I'm on board if he can be believe me.

I believe Grier can be a franchise QB. I say can be because imo it depends on where he goes. Hell, it matters for all these guys. You think Rosen is gonna be a franchise guy if he keeps having his HC swapped out year after year? That stuff hinders growth. 
I wouldn't trade Ramsey for him though. I wouldn't trade Ramsey for anyone right now.

But with Grier sitting out his bowl game and Haskins balling out.... Haskins has to be the favorite.

Grier would have to have some sort of special Senior Bowl week one would think. And even still despite what I may think of Grier, some people have him as a 2nd round QB.
I don't think he lasts to the 2nd round in a draft where there are more QB needy teams than talented QBs.
Then again, reports are that Tampa wants Jameis back, so maybe they don't need one.
NYG is reporting they don't want QB (but wouldn't that be perfect for Haskins, to sit one year or half a year)

We'll see.

Even if Grier had played his bowl game and done great he wouldn't have gone ahead of Haskins.  

Also Lock's stock definitely went up after the bowl game, he played well.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 11:10 AM by Kane.)

(01-02-2019, 11:05 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote: I believe Grier can be a franchise QB. I say can be because imo it depends on where he goes. Hell, it matters for all these guys. You think Rosen is gonna be a franchise guy if he keeps having his HC swapped out year after year? That stuff hinders growth. 

We'll see.

Even if Grier had played his bowl game and done great he wouldn't have gone ahead of Haskins.  

Also Lock's stock definitely went up after the bowl game, he played well.
Grier probably wouldn't have gone ahead of Haskins... I was just talking about his stock in general. Probably should have played. Could have played his way up the board.

Yeah not sure what I was talking about with Lock. I think I was remembering the [BLEEP] show with MsSt... so much football lol
Mizzou played NYE in a lil bit of a shootout. But I expected them to win.

Didn't realize Lock was missing his TE, which certainly matters a lil bit

(01-01-2019, 05:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 05:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: All eyes on Haskins today. After tonight, will the Jags have to move up to #1 to secure this guy? We shall know shortly.

I don't think the Cards will move out of #1 they need Nick Bosa.

Good point, but what about the #2 spot?
'02

(01-02-2019, 11:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 05:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think the Cards will move out of #1 they need Nick Bosa.

Good point, but what about the #2 spot?
#2 and #3 are where it's at.

SF needs more help on defense so the more picks the better for them. The Jets need more offensive weapons so trading down makes sense for them too.

(01-02-2019, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 11:12 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Good point, but what about the #2 spot?
#2 and #3 are where it's at.

SF needs more help on defense so the more picks the better for them. The Jets need more offensive weapons so trading down makes sense for them too.

If we trade up to 3 it's gonna cost us #7, next years first, plus 2 more picks (mid rounds this year or early rounds next year)

Seems steep just cuz we're worried about Oak and NYG getting Haskins instead of us.
Or I guess someone else trading up...

(01-01-2019, 07:15 PM)rocdee Wrote: Whatever it takes I'm drafting him if I'm Tom

Swap 1sts throw in a 1st for next year and one of my 3rds this year

Let's see where this gets us. This essentially would be the same trade as swapping firsts and throwing in our 2nd and one of our 3rds, so I'll look at the charts to see how high we could move up...

It's looking like our 1st, 2nd and latter 3rd should be just about enough to get the #3 overall pick.

So, is the #3 pick high enough to ensure we get Haskins?
'02

(01-01-2019, 08:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags may need to get to #2 to get him. His stock is only going to rise after this and he’s already a top 10 lock.

I think Arizona stays at #1 to take Bosa but after that, who knows. Trade our 1st, next years first and a 3rd for #2.

Having just looked at the charts for my last post, this is only enough for the 3rd overall pick. The #2 would take an additional 400 points which I'm thinking would require our 1st, next year's 1st, and our 2nd round pick. 
'02

(01-01-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Swap picks and trade them fournette that should be enough with a 3rd or 4th don't give up another 1. Jets and niners don't need a QB the price I'd hope wouldn't be that crazy for going from 7 to 2 or 3.

The 49ers appear rather pleased with Breida. He led the league in rushing prior to his injury, and he timed out as the fastest RB in the league during games. I'm almost wondering if maybe we should trade Fournette and our 1st round pick for Mullens and Breida. 
'02

(01-02-2019, 11:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Swap picks and trade them fournette that should be enough with a 3rd or 4th don't give up another 1. Jets and niners don't need a QB the price I'd hope wouldn't be that crazy for going from 7 to 2 or 3.

The 49ers appear rather pleased with Breida. He led the league in rushing prior to his injury, and he timed out as the fastest RB in the league during games. I'm almost wondering if maybe we should trade Fournette and our 1st round pick for Mullens and Breida. 

Sweet Baby Jesus no. I'd rather do the 1st this year, 1st next year and 2nd round pick to move up. If Haskins pans out to a Watson type no one would complain. Mullens is not good, maybe a backup at best.