Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

This would be a perfect opportunity for The Trump Founda...oh, wait...nevermind.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2019, 10:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This would be a perfect opportunity for The Trump Founda...oh, wait...nevermind.

The Trump Foundation was disguised as employing thousands of people and actually signing the front of checks.

(01-02-2019, 10:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: This would be a perfect opportunity for The Trump Founda...oh, wait...nevermind.

The Trump Foundation was disguised as employing thousands of people and actually signing the front of checks.

I don't understand this comment.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-02-2019, 10:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Trump Foundation was disguised as employing thousands of people and actually signing the front of checks.

I don't understand this comment.

Sure you do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-02-2019, 04:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 04:00 PM)Kane Wrote: 18+ million in 16 days.

The American people on the internet can get more done than Congress in less than 3 weeks lol

That could be as much as a mile and a half of wall!  We'll be fully funded in about 50 years!

You're missing the point.
The American people want this.
The President wants this.
It's going to happen.... and honestly, at this point, just to stick it to you kids... I really don't care who pays for it.

It's funny that everyone acts like it's a lot of money.

The United States can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants and can do it however it wants.

(01-03-2019, 03:45 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 04:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: That could be as much as a mile and a half of wall!  We'll be fully funded in about 50 years!

You're missing the point.
The American people want this.
The President wants this.
It's going to happen.... and honestly, at this point, just to stick it to you kids... I really don't care who pays for it.

I'll ensure the invoice is made out to a Mr. Pool.

Trump just schooled a reporter on the wall an eminent domain. People continue to underestimate how smart this man is.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 06:26 PM by mikesez.)

(01-04-2019, 03:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump just schooled a reporter on the wall an eminent domain. People continue to underestimate how smart this man is.

1) there is no war or threat of War at the southern border, so National defense cannot be invoked, and any order amounting to a "military version of eminent domain" would be unlawful, and any member of the military receiving such an order should disobey.

2) as for the more common civilian "version of eminent domain" do you remember when Republicans used to speak against using eminent domain for vanity projects that the majority of people don't want? Pepperidge farm remembers.

(01-04-2019, 06:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 03:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump just schooled a reporter on the wall an eminent domain. People continue to underestimate how smart this man is.

1) there is no war or threat of War at the southern border, so National defense cannot be invoked, and any order amounting to a "military version of eminent domain" would be unlawful, and any member of the military receiving such an order should disobey.

2) as for the more common civilian "version of eminent domain" do you remember when Republicans used to speak against using eminent domain for vanity projects that the majority of people don't want? Pepperidge farm remembers.
#1- Does not apply to this situation as no military force is attempting to take over a domicile. 

#2- Not difficult as the Supreme Court has upheld case after case. Prove effort supports National Security and the Public. Provide court docs showing a fair rate for land owner reimbursement. Done. In the meantime you work to add/improve where able.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as obsessed with one person as you are of Trump.

(01-04-2019, 06:56 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 06:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: 1) there is no war or threat of War at the southern border, so National defense cannot be invoked, and any order amounting to a "military version of eminent domain" would be unlawful, and any member of the military receiving such an order should disobey.

#1- Does not apply to this situation as no military force is attempting to take over a domicile. 

#2- Not difficult as the Supreme Court has upheld case after case. Prove effort supports National Security and the Public. Provide court docs showing a fair rate for land owner reimbursement. Done. In the meantime you work to add/improve where able.

Trump literally said today in a press conference said he is open to using the military for taking over that land. He called it "the military version of eminent domain"

(01-04-2019, 08:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 06:56 PM)B2hibry Wrote: #1- Does not apply to this situation as no military force is attempting to take over a domicile. 

Trump literally said today in a press conference said he is open to using the military for taking over that land. He called it "the military version of eminent domain"
Didn’t see it but if that was what he said then he is an idiot. If he said they would temporarily take control over the border/land after declaring a National Emergency, that is different than Eminent Domain.

(01-04-2019, 10:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 08:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Trump literally said today in a press conference said he is open to using the military for taking over that land. He called it "the military version of eminent domain"
Didn’t see it but if that was what he said then he is an idiot. If he said they would temporarily take control over the border/land after declaring a National Emergency, that is different than Eminent Domain.

But there never was an emergency situation at the border. Words mean things.

(01-04-2019, 11:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Didn’t see it but if that was what he said then he is an idiot. If he said they would temporarily take control over the border/land after declaring a National Emergency, that is different than Eminent Domain.

Perception. So “there never was” means perhaps actions taken did not allow an emergency to materialize. This does not mean that the National and Homeland Security perception based on trends and growing disregard for sovereignty doesn’t warrant elevation to an emergency situation. It’s no secret that the US has a weakened border immigration process due to infighting. Other countries are well aware. This will continue to trend negatively and escalates if not addressed. We have an opportunity to be proactive instead of going down the typical and more costly government reactionary method.

(01-04-2019, 11:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 10:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Didn’t see it but if that was what he said then he is an idiot. If he said they would temporarily take control over the border/land after declaring a National Emergency, that is different than Eminent Domain.

Not sure about anyone else, but I take mikesez' word over actual border agents who say there is a crisis situation at the border. I guess civics classes don't teach basic logic.

(01-05-2019, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: But there never was an emergency situation at the border. Words mean things.

Not sure about anyone else, but I take mikesez' word over actual border agents who say there is a crisis situation at the border. I guess civics classes don't teach basic logic.

Well, not the ones he took like all you other uneducated drool factories.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 12:21 PM by mikesez.)

(01-05-2019, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 11:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: But there never was an emergency situation at the border. Words mean things.

Are border agents really unanimously saying that there's a crisis?
You are aware that they're paid by taxpayers, right?
have you ever met a single person who collects a paycheck for the government who doesn't think that we need to be spending more money on the one thing that they do for a living?
Teacher said we need to spend more on schools. We generally ignore them.
Cops say we need to spend more money on investigation. And we generally ignore them.
Civil engineer say we need to spend more money on roads, and we generally ignore them,
Etc.
Why is this special?

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 04:45 PM by B2hibry.)

(01-05-2019, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure about anyone else, but I take mikesez' word over actual border agents who say there is a crisis situation at the border. I guess civics classes don't teach basic logic.

Are border agents really unanimously saying that there's a crisis?
have you ever met a single person who collects a paycheck for the government who doesn't think that we need to be spending more money on the one thing that they do for a living?
Cops say we need to spend more money on investigation. And we generally ignore them.
Civil engineer say we need to spend more money on roads, and we generally ignore them,
Etc.
Why is this special?
You’re mixing state and federal responsibilities. And you can bet movement has been made however large or small in those specific careers. As far as immigration, It isn’t new or special as it was an issue in 2008 and a huge crisis in 2014. Enough kicking the can down the road as it only becomes more problematic and expensive. If we take the term “wall” out of the equation there still isn’t enough funding being included for HHS. Heck we give other countries more money annually than what is being requested.

(01-05-2019, 03:39 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 12:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: Are border agents really unanimously saying that there's a crisis?
Etc.
Why is this special?
Your mixing state and federal responsibilities. And you can bet movement has been made however large or small in those specific careers. As far as immigration, It isn’t new or special as it was an issue in 2008 and a huge crisis in 2014. Enough kicking the can down the road as it only becomes more problematic and expensive. If we take the term “wall” out of the equation there still isn’t enough funding being included for HHS. Heck we give other countries more money annually than what is being requested.

I'm sympathetic to the idea that we need to hire more border guards.
And I agree that we need more immigration judges and more staff at the places where we detain the immigrants to sort out which ones get to stay. I agree that we need to build more of these kinds of places.
I just really don't see how a new continuous, solidsolid is going to help. It seems extremely impractical, and simplistic, and arbitrary. So by all means take the wall out of the equation.