Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 01:45 PM by Kane.)

www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

That's right.... there's a Go Fund Me page to help fund the wall.
Started by patriot just a few days ago, with less than 100k donations it's already hit 5+ million

The goal is set at 1 billion, but if everyone who voted for Trump donates 80 dollars it would hit the 5 billion mark needed for complete funding.
Who needs Congress (or Mexico lol)

Wonder what Cryin' Chuck and negative Nancy got to say about America going over their heads lol

Shows who has donated recently to the right.
HC
$5
Hillary Clinton
1 min ago

bahahaha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's actually pretty cool

Hang on, let me check 4chan and reddit to see how much of that money is trolls. My guess is well over 90% of it.

(12-20-2018, 02:09 PM)TJBender Wrote: Hang on, let me check 4chan and reddit to see how much of that money is trolls. My guess is well over 90% of it.

60 million Americans voted for Trump and therefore the wall.

I know you hate him but not everyone does.

(12-20-2018, 02:20 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 02:09 PM)TJBender Wrote: Hang on, let me check 4chan and reddit to see how much of that money is trolls. My guess is well over 90% of it.

60 million Americans voted for Trump and therefore the wall.

I wouldn't say that's true. I think a good amount of people voted for Trump because they hated Hillary and he was the lesser of two evils. I know of a good amount of people who voted for Trump but are not in favor of a wall and have since regretted their decision.

I understand not everyone hates him but I think there's a good portion who regret voting for him and are not in favor of the wall.

6.5 Million dollars raised in 3 days. Once this makes the MSM, that number will jump significantly. Not much, but should buy a few beautiful slotted panels!

Has there ever been an estimate of how much the wall would cost per foot? I'm just wondering, how long a wall could we get for, say, $10 million?

(12-20-2018, 04:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Has there ever been an estimate of how much the wall would cost per foot?   I'm just wondering, how long a wall could we get for, say, $10 million?

Not sure. I have heard 20B is the overall cost. I know he already got 1.6 in the last budget and they are currently giving 1.6 in this budget. I think The Don could probably get it built for less if he wanted.

(12-20-2018, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 02:20 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 60 million Americans voted for Trump and therefore the wall.

I wouldn't say that's true. I think a good amount of people voted for Trump because they hated Hillary and he was the lesser of two evils. I know of a good amount of people who voted for Trump but are not in favor of a wall and have since regretted their decision.

I understand not everyone hates him but I think there's a good portion who regret voting for him and are not in favor of the wall.

The wall needs to happen. It just does.

And it's not even about criminals or crime or any of that stuff for me.

It's simply unfair to European, Asian, Middle Eastern people that have to fly or take ships to get here. Whereas south Americans can simply walk across.

It's not fair to the people that immigrate legally. Period.

Don't forget, these bum democrats voted for the wall before Trump was ever part of the equation. They are scared to death of Trump having any success.

It's funny watching some of these politicians try to talk to Donald Trump. He owns them every single time.

It's almost as if a successful business man actually LEARNED how to negotiate.

When did politicians learn that? Oh that's right, never. They learned to lie to their constituents and that's it. That was all they had to do.

Now politicians actually have to produce results and that scares the hell out of them

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 04:57 PM by mikesez.)

(12-20-2018, 04:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I wouldn't say that's true. I think a good amount of people voted for Trump because they hated Hillary and he was the lesser of two evils. I know of a good amount of people who voted for Trump but are not in favor of a wall and have since regretted their decision.

It's simply unfair to European, Asian, Middle Eastern people that have to fly or take ships to get here. Whereas south Americans can simply walk across.

Let's suppose you're right.  Then it would become unfair that Canadians could come here with no wall.  So we'd need an even longer wall up there next, right?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2018, 05:03 PM by mikesez.)

Congress would still have to agree to use the money and agree to starting the eminent domain process to acquire the land, etc.
It's not about cost. Democrats don't care how much stuff costs when it's something they want.
They don't want a continuous wall over the whole border.
Most Republicans don't want a continuous wall over the whole border either.
In an area where neither side of the border is developed or populated, a wall provides no additional security. You still have to have a lot of lighting, staff, vehicles, and roads at the border. Building a wall does not reduce the extent to which you need those things. Because if you don't have enough of these things, the bad guys will just bring ladders, and be home free.

(12-20-2018, 04:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 04:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The wall needs to happen. It just does.

Let's suppose you're right.  Then it would become unfair that Canadians could come here with no wall.  So we'd need an even longer wall up there next, right?

Yes, as soon as you demonstrate that illegal border crossings in Canada are an issue then we should do exactly that. I notice that we don't have several thousand Canadians caravaning towards Minneapolis though, so you might have a problem there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I won't give one red cent. Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall and now he wants our tax dollars to pay for it. He lied.......... again. Let him use his personal funds to build it.

(12-20-2018, 05:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 04:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let's suppose you're right.  Then it would become unfair that Canadians could come here with no wall.  So we'd need an even longer wall up there next, right?

Yes, as soon as you demonstrate that illegal border crossings in Canada are an issue then we should do exactly that. I notice that we don't have several thousand Canadians caravaning towards Minneapolis though, so you might have a problem there.

Your argument seems sound.  We should look at where illegal crossings take place to the extent that is knowable.  But that's not the argument TrivialPursuit made.  TrivialPursuit's argument was entirely about imposing fairness on the geography that God gave us.

(12-20-2018, 04:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I wouldn't say that's true. I think a good amount of people voted for Trump because they hated Hillary and he was the lesser of two evils. I know of a good amount of people who voted for Trump but are not in favor of a wall and have since regretted their decision.

Life ain't fair. That's a lesson the people fleeing a never-ending drug war in Mexico learned a long time ago.

(12-20-2018, 05:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I won't give one red cent. Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall and now he wants our tax dollars to pay for it. He lied.......... again.  Let him use his personal funds to build it.

My thoughts exactly. Bad enough I get gouged every year in taxes no matter whose in "charge" up there in that White House. He did say Mexico would pay for it. So figure it the [BLEEP] out and make it happen.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The funny thing about the claim that Mexico would pay for it, is that is was so outrageous that even the most ardent Trump supporters didn’t take it seriously. There is no expectation that Mexico was ever gonna foot the bill.