Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Playoff Games

2 big calls by Saints there gets them 7. 

Injuries starting to hurt Philly now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2019, 06:40 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just to be clear -  you want to give up #7 this year and two future first round draft picks to acquire Carson wentz?

Uhhh yea. You gotta do what's necessary to get a franchise QB. If we got Wentz we'd be picking late 1st rd the next 2 years anyways

What if you could get a franchise QB with just the #7 pick by simply drafting one?  
Then you still have those other picks to help that QB with protection and targets.

(01-13-2019, 06:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 2 big calls by Saints there gets them 7. 

Yeah. The saints will pick on the 3rd string CB for sure, and Brees may have more time as well.

(01-13-2019, 06:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:02 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: You'd give up nothing for a guy who over his last year and a half or starts has 54:14 td:int with 65% completion and around 6300 yards? You crazy maaaaaan. Hes been 9ne of the best QBs in the NFL over the last 2 years.

Don't get me wrong, he's better than anything we have, BUT he can't seem to stay healthy.

Isn't he currently out with a spine injury? He's had some pretty bad injuries for such a young player. But he definitely has talent and if he were to become available, which I don't think he will, he's got a lot longer future than Foles, he'd be more attractive than a rookie QB and I'm sure Philly would play teams off each other driving up the price.

(01-13-2019, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:40 PM)JNev Wrote: Uhhh yea. You gotta do what's necessary to get a franchise QB. If we got Wentz we'd be picking late 1st rd the next 2 years anyways

What if you could get a franchise QB with just the #7 pick by simply drafting one?  
Then you still have those other picks to help that QB with protection and targets.

(01-13-2019, 06:45 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: 2 big calls by Saints there gets them 7. 

Yeah. The saints will pick on the 3rd string CB for sure, and Brees may have more time as well.
I think most people think Haskins will be gone at 7 and Wentz has proven to be good. Haskins may be good, may not be

(01-13-2019, 06:49 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What if you could get a franchise QB with just the #7 pick by simply drafting one?  

I think most people think Haskins will be gone at 7 and Wentz has proven to be good. Haskins may be good, may not be

If Wentz is truly "three first round picks good" then you may as well make your plans for acquiring Foles - because that means the iggles ain't trading Wentz.

(01-13-2019, 06:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:49 PM)JNev Wrote: I think most people think Haskins will be gone at 7 and Wentz has proven to be good. Haskins may be good, may not be

If Wentz is truly "three first round picks good" then you may as well make your plans for acquiring Foles - because that means the iggles ain't trading Wentz.

Well if Foles gets them to B2B SBs they have to at least consider it. I mean...

I’d take Foles over Wentz. Wentz may be good but what’s the use if he can’t stay on the field. That is a concern for me. However, Wentz is much better than what we have now. I’m not sure I’d give up the farm for him. If the price is right I’d do it. If not, take whatever stop gap and draft your QB

(01-13-2019, 06:56 PM)Jags Wrote: I’d take Foles over Wentz.  Wentz may be good but what’s the use if he can’t stay on the field.  That is a concern for me.  However, Wentz is much better than what we have now.  I’m not sure I’d give up the farm for him.  If the price is right I’d do it.  If not, take whatever stop gap and draft your QB

This is my only hang-up on the QB trade front. 
I'm incredibly leery about giving up big time draft capital.

Saints Def. has to hold here

Missed the beginning of the game. Who gets the ball second half?

Saints getting back in it but if you had offered Philly to be up 14-10 at the half before the game I'm sure they'd have taken it.

(01-13-2019, 07:14 PM)Jags Wrote: Missed the beginning of the game.   Who gets the ball second half?

Philly.

(01-13-2019, 07:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:14 PM)Jags Wrote: Missed the beginning of the game.   Who gets the ball second half?

Philly.

Nice.  Thanks.

(01-13-2019, 07:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:21 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Philly.

Nice.  Thanks.

No problem. Hopefully they start it like they did the 1st.

Should be a good second half.

(01-13-2019, 06:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:56 PM)Jags Wrote: I’d take Foles over Wentz.  Wentz may be good but what’s the use if he can’t stay on the field.  That is a concern for me.  However, Wentz is much better than what we have now.  I’m not sure I’d give up the farm for him.  If the price is right I’d do it.  If not, take whatever stop gap and draft your QB

This is my only hang-up on the QB trade front. 
I'm incredibly leery about giving up big time draft capital.

Saints Def. has to hold here

Yeah draft is your cheap pick up options and cash strapped cap heavy teams can't mail in there draft picks.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 07:50 PM by nhiverson.)

I don't want wentz he has the one con that Bortles had a pro was health. Foles and Bridgewater too are meh just get a cheap vet that can be replaced by Haskins in game 3/4

Foles a no only cause he will be 20m and if we draft someone that's allot of dough tied up to qb
No Fun

This drive just keeps going....

Alvin kamara is wierd, nose ring

18 play almost 12 minute statement drive by the Saints. Eagles can’t go 3 and out here.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Did you see that woman in the Geico commercial with king Henry music band, at the end she says,"you're fired". She is so ugly. Did you see her nose. She looks like the daughter of sloth from the Goonies.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 08:14 PM by nhiverson.)

(01-13-2019, 07:57 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Did you see that woman in the Geico commercial with king Henry music band, at the end she says,"you're fired". She is so ugly.  Did you see her nose.  She looks like the daughter of sloth from the Goonies.

You sound like a high character quality person.
No Fun